domains There is a lot of naming speculation going on in the Sports world

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
There are a lot of name discussions going on in the world of sports. The Washington Football team retired their name after major brands threatened to pull out of sponsorship deals if a change was not made. Seattle has a new hockey team and they ended up going with a name I was hearing about from the very start, KRAKEN. The new team will be the Seattle Kraken. Kraken.com is a cryptocurrency … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wonder if they think to hire an agency with a rebrand of this size. After some quick thought I would go with Seattle Stealth, an alliterative play of words in honor of Chief Sealth who named the city. Although stealth sports is a trademark I guess they could just buy them out.

Last edited:
•••
The Kraken Official Rum of the Seattle Kraken.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Wonder if they think to hire an agency with a rebrand of this size. After some quick thought I would go with Seattle Stealth, an alliterative play of words in honor of Chief Sealth who named the city. Although stealth sports is a trademark I guess they could just buy them out.

I like that would have been a cool name.

•••
Apparently the same company that registered and manages the website Redskins.com recently registered a new domain name, DCSentinels.com.

DCSentinels.com registered @ MarkMonitor on August 15th, 2019

So while owning a generic name like Sentinels.com is perfectly legit, owning the WashingtonSentinels.com would not be as legit.

WashingtonSentinels.com registered in 2010 by The Georgetown Design Group, Inc. (expires in about 8 weeks)

<<<<>>>

On another note, The replacements anyone?

<<<>>>

Last edited:
•••
There are a lot of name discussions going on in the world of sports. The Washington Football team retired their name after major brands threatened to pull out of sponsorship deals if a change was not made. Seattle has a new hockey team and they ended up going with a name I was hearing about from the very start, KRAKEN. The new team will be the Seattle Kraken. Kraken.com is a cryptocurrency … [Read more...]
Crazy name choice. Kraken is well known by so many as a crypto exchange.

•••
Crazy name choice. Kraken is well known by so many as a crypto exchange.

I'm sure the folks who like type in traffic going to kraken.com were happy by this choice.

•••
I don't understand.
What is the issue with the name Washington?

•••
I don't understand.
What is the issue with the name Washington?

Proponents of reducing energy comsumption are campaigning against the promotion of washing in such large amounts.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I like the mention of Cowboys.com as an example of a football team not owning the .com.

It was pretty comical back in 2007 when the football team won the domain at auction for $275,000 and then backed out claiming they thought they were bidding $275.
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-then-pass--on-pricey-cowboys-com-domain.html

Thanks RJ, yeah that was totally nuts, but a lot of teams care about the CityMascotName, now MLB has 27 out of 30. Jerry Jones should have bought Cowboys in a second.

•••
Does it means more hope for..gg domains?

•••
I like the mention of Cowboys.com as an example of a football team not owning the .com.

It was pretty comical back in 2007 when the football team won the domain at auction for $275,000 and then backed out claiming they thought they were bidding $275.
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-then-pass--on-pricey-cowboys-com-domain.html

Especially since they paid a $499 fee just to take part in the auction. :xf.cool:

It's idiotic - for the price of one benchwarmer's single game check he refuses to buy the .COM.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I wonder if such companies will pay a lot of money for domain names?
Or do you prefer to register your own domain name?

•••
I wonder if such companies will pay a lot of money for domain names?
Or do you prefer to register your own domain name?

Well they are looking a new team name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back