Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Poor JB. Got his ass handed to him and has to try and save face.

Ego is not your friend John.

haha, somebody's mad.

Just as expected. When things are going good, take credit. When things turn a little, blame Obama.

The tax bill.

If it goes well - Trump Tax Plan
If it goes bad - GOP Bill

•••
Poor JB. Got his ass handed to him and has to try and save face.

You do yourself in, look at your idiotic posts today.

"Trump got handed a sh*t sandwich, just like Obama did."

Not a good week for you. That, other posts, and you sourcing The Onion.

Reporter: President Obama, why haven't you spent more on our crumbling infrastructure?

President Obama, huh.. turns out there's no such thing as shovel ready jobs.

Reporter: President Trump, how will you repair our crumbling infrastructure?

President Trump, we're cutting duplicate regulatory oversight, cutting wait time for project approval to one year.

#MAGA

$478B Infrastructure Bill Blocked by Senate GOP

"Senate Republicans defeated a Democratic amendment to the proposed 2016 budget on Tuesday. It was aimed at kick-starting negotiations between the White House and Congress over a new multi-year program for funding highway, bridge and other infrastructure projects."

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/25/478B-Infrastructure-Bill-Blocked-Senate-GOP

Last edited:
•••
DVKt5XrVQAAxyaW

•••
Regarding the GOP voting down the 2015 Infrastructure Bill:

Budget Committee Chair Mike Enzi (R-WY) said he and other Republicans are all for more infrastructure spending. They take issue, however, with Sen. Bernie Sanders essentially dictating tax reform policy to the Finance Committee by setting a long-term funding target. “That’s not the way we do it around here,” Enzi said Tuesday. “That’s why that went down.”

•••
Reporter: President Obama, what will you do to help the Auto
Industry.

President Obama: We're going to buy up used cars, crush them, and ship the steel to China so they don't have to buy American steel ore.

Single working mother. A used car cost how much?? I can't afford that!!
-----------------

Reporter: President Trump, how will you help the auto industry?

President Trump: We're cutting taxes while providing more tax incentives for auto makers who build cars in the USA.

Single Mother: Wow! An extra $4,000 tax refund.. I can finally afford a NEW CAR!! #MAGA

Rep. Nancy Pelosi from peoples republic of California, crumbs!

•••

Careful, you buddies might think this is a real tweet and not one your dumb memes.

Donald falling apart again like mr.x

Little Adam Schiff, who is desperate to run for higher office, is one of the biggest liars and leakers in Washington, right up there with Comey, Warner, Brennan and Clapper! Adam leaves closed committee hearings to illegally leak confidential information. Must be stopped!
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 11h11 hours ago

•••
Regarding the GOP voting down the 2015 Infrastructure Bill:

Budget Committee Chair Mike Enzi (R-WY) said he and other Republicans are all for more infrastructure spending. They take issue, however, with Sen. Bernie Sanders essentially dictating tax reform policy to the Finance Committee by setting a long-term funding target. “That’s not the way we do it around here,” Enzi said Tuesday. “That’s why that went down.”

You'd think a real leader like President Obama would be able to compromise to getsomething as important as an infrastructure bill passed.

Elections have consequences.

•••
Reporter: President Obama, what will you do to help the Auto
Industry.

President Obama: We're going to buy up used cars, crush them, and ship the steel to China so they don't have to buy American steel ore.

Single working mother. A used car cost how much?? I can't afford that!!
-----------------

Reporter: President Trump, how will you help the auto industry?

President Trump: We're cutting taxes while providing more tax incentives for auto makers who build cars in the USA.

Single Mother: Wow! An extra $4,000 tax refund.. I can finally afford a NEW CAR!! #MAGA

Rep. Nancy Pelosi from peoples republic of California, crumbs!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/sep/06/did-obama-save-us-automobile-industry/

•••
Aaron Bragman, the lead American automotive analyst for the financial forecasting group IHS Automotive, echoed the point. "The Bush administration is the one that actually acted to save them from an uncontrolled bankruptcy and shutdown," Bragman said. "The Obama administration's role was to fix them."

•••
Hey Buddy, Do you want to buy a solar panel manufacturing plant?
or
Less than 7% of Trillion-Dollar ‘Stimulus’ Spent on Infrastructure

http://humanevents.com/2010/09/08/s...lliondollar-stimulus-spent-on-infrastructure/

The first stimulus bill was sold as spending on “shovel ready” projects to provide the jobs that would put millions of people back to work.

According to Recovery.gov, the President’s own website which accounts for the stimulus funding (ahem), of the first $787 billion stimulus bill, a full $275 billion has gone un-spent as of August 27, 2010. And of the $512 billion of stimulus already spent, only $18.5 billion (less than seven percent) has been paid out by the Department of Transportation on these “shovel ready” jobs.

•••
•••

"Even the most casual viewer of the Democratic convention would get the point: President Barack Obama saved the American auto industry."

Well, if was written by a liberal journalist and you read it on the Internet.. it must be true.

Just ignore the actual fact Obama gave billions to GM and Fiat. Or people had to buy new cars or take the bus because used car prices went through the roof.

Last edited:
•••
Are liberals actually arguing that giving billions of OTHER PEOPLES MONEY to businesses is good economic policy, but cutting taxes and providing incentives to let businesses keep more of their own money is just more trickle down economics that hurt people?

GM took a second loan to pay back the first one then crowed at how successful they had become! People were calling GM Government Motors.

But somehow, trickle down economics is so stupid. People will DIE!

Last edited:
•••
Are liberals actually arguing that giving billions of OTHER PEOPLES MONEY to businesses is good economic policy, but cutting taxes and providing incentives to let businesses keep more of their own money is just more trickle down economics that hurt people?

Because they hate capitalism! They prove it every day in this thread!

•••
Because they hate capitalism! They prove it every day in this thread!

"They" are married to a narrative. Almost impossible to discuss issues based on facts.

•••
"Even the most casual viewer of the Democratic convention would get the point: President Barack Obama saved the American auto industry."

Well, if was written by a liberal journalist you read it on the Internet.. it must be true.

Just ignore the actual fact Obama gave billions to GM and Fiat. Or people had to buy new cars or take the bus because used car prices went through the roof.

I'm impressed, you read the first line of an article, a step up from not reading anything.

From CEO's of those major companies or independent research groups like The Center for Automotive Research, to the Heritage Foundation, or The Economist apologizing to Obama - http://www.economist.com/node/16846494 etc. Actually, read the whole thing now.

Liberal journalist - for mr.x that must mean fact sites like Politifact or FactCheck

So you're equating liberalism with facts, reality. Thanks. Now sites that conservatives here use:

National Enquirer, The Onion, Alex Jones, fake University YouTube sites - gossip sites, satire sites, conspiracy sites, etc.

•••
I'm impressed, you read the first line of an article, a step up from not reading anything.

From CEO's of those major companies or independent research groups like The Center for Automotive Research, to the Heritage Foundation, or The Economist apologizing to Obama - http://www.economist.com/node/16846494 etc. Actually, read the whole thing now.

Liberal journalist - for mr.x that must mean fact sites like Politifact or FactCheck

So you're equating liberalism with facts, reality. Thanks. Now sites that conservatives here use:

National Enquirer, The Onion, Alex Jones, fake University YouTube sites - gossip sites, satire sites, conspiracy sites, etc.

Right.. so you're denying the auto buyback program created a shortage of used cars causing prices to rise?

B/c I'm not denying giving hundreds of millions of other peoples money to GM and FIAT didn't help keep them out of bankruptcy. I'm just saying there was a better way. Ford proved it.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of people thought it would have been better to let Chrysler and GM fail.

•••
Tax cuts will destroy America! People will literally die!
Tax cuts and bonuses are crumbs!
Trickle down economics is for suckers, only the rich benefit.

Democrats have espoused a completely negative narrative, setting themselves up as "the resistance" that prevents cooperation with Republicans or claiming any benefit of successes.

I have a realistic expectation there will be set-backs as our economy grows. Up and down cycles are unavoidable. I wish the democrats would work for the majority of Americans, regardless of their fringe, far-left base.

Last edited:
•••

Thank-you. I had forgotten that President Obama wiped out GM investors and share-holders.

"The firm was forced to declare bankruptcy. Shareholders were wiped out."

Strong arm Gov "partnership" rewarded unions and management, the people responsible for running the company into bankruptcy, while shafting investors.

Ford rejected the Gov plan, restructured and recovered faster.

Last edited:
•••
Try to keep up JB! My daughter had to use her insurance to get compensated for an accident caused by an illegal immigrant.

Yea, I hear ya.... In California, the illegal alien “crash and dodge responsibility“ problem goes way back in time to the 80’s. I lived it and paid extra for years. The insurance I had for 20+ years for “uninsured motorist coverage”, was a “tax” imo, and cost control for insurance companies passed along to consumers. I wonder if that “tax” were added up with all millions of covered drivers, how many billions $$$ extra did the insurance companies earn and make off the backs of fears on insured, law abiding drivers, and legal residents caused by lack of US Gov’t border and immigrant control?

Those sorts of unseen and uncounted costs never get debated, just accepted. Why should a law abiding citizen have to pay extra to cover potential business losses of a private company because the Gov’t policies are failed? That is way it is. Why should cell phones be paid for by a tax buried in your bill for people who cannot afford one? Maybe, big screen TV’s and Lexus and Teslas will next? Free cars for all, the next Bernie Sanders like liberal politician program to assist in getting votes by subsidizing luxuries. Maybe once the wall goes up, the democrats will want to subsidize helicopter rides from back and forth since climbing the wall will be dangerous. The US or California court system will probably allow illegal aliens to sue in the US for getting hurt climbing the wall and falling down, I see that next.

•••
Those sorts of unseen and uncounted costs never get debated, just accepted. Why should a law abiding citizen have to pay extra to cover potential business losses of a private company because the Gov’t policies are failed? That is way it is.

It's the same with healthcare too! My youngest daughter gets hurt playing soccer in a road game and so we have to go the emergency room. $10,000 billed later, $500 out of pocket, I'm at the front desk watching person after person coming in with flu and other minor illnesses and when the check in nurse asks them for insurance they say no, and the hallways were filled with gurneys full of the uninsured, waiting to be seen. In today's economy if you go to the emergency room and actually have insurance you get treated like a VIP because they know your insurance coverage will pay for you and the next 20 uninsured patients.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back