Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As usual, some latch onto the least significant part of any comment and repost about it 2+ times.

I'm done here. There is no rational discussion of opposing viewpoints, just ad hominem attacks, moronic memes and faux news spew. I'm tired of it. JB, Kate - have fun and may the force be with you!

•••
I'm not an American but I think that Joe Kennedy III could Make America Great Again! Americans and the world should be thankful for people like him! The world needs more empathy and love!

Last edited:
•••
Most of all, I am very angry what you have dragged the rest of the world into your bogus war on terror that is a war on freedom. This world has become a sh*thole and the US holds tremendous responsibility. Where do I opt out please ?

C'mon Kate you can't be serious? Bogus War on Terror? You should explain that to my step daughter and wife who's father/husband was murdered by radical Islamic Terrorists while working at his job. Or any of the tens of thousands of people who lost a loved one to radical Islamic terrorism. I thought you were smarter than that? You're slowly being blinded by your Trump rage?

https://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/us/september-11-anniversary-fast-facts/index.html

P.S. Take some time and watch some of the 18 videos on the bottom of the above link!

Last edited:
•••
I'm done here. There is no rational discussion of opposing viewpoints, just ad hominem attacks, moronic memes and faux news spew.

Hate to see you go @enlytend, although do I rarely agree with you, and hate when you name call our president, you're knowledgeable about our government and you seem well informed and seem to generally care about our country.
And you're from Jersey too! Your viewpoint will be missed! ;)
Hope you reconsider?

Having opposing viewpoints and being able to espouse them, without fear of retribution or a trip to the gulag is a fundamental freedom, and this thread would be boring without that. I'd like to see less reliance on polls and approval ratings and less name calling though, but still my favorite NP thread! Keep it up please!

Last edited:
•••
Well done Trump for maintaining Guantanamo Bay. You managed to upset the right people.

Why would a prisoner not like Guantanamo? Tropical weather all year round, no pollution, a lovely sea breeze blowing all the time. Tourists pay good money to go to the Caribbean islands.

•••
It was refreshing to see a few REAL heroes being honored last night at the SOTU. instead of the self-pretentious idiots from Hollywood kissing each others asses all the time.

•••
Conditions are pretty dire in some US prisons, solitary confinement is the norm in Supermax prisons and it would usually qualify as cruel punishment.
But at least the people who end up there had a trial and some rights.

Agreed, but I can't think of one country that gives POW's a trial before a war is over or releases combatants back to the battle field.

On the other hand, if the US thinks some designated persons can be detained forever, with no charges, no trial and deserve no rights whatsoever what makes you think Americans won't be the next ?
Clearly, a country that acts like that is not shy about using violence against human beings.
Law is not an obstacle to abuse when it's no longer enforced (like the Bill of Rights for example). And laws can be changed when people get used to the new 'normal' and are conditioned to live in a state of permanent fear aka war on terror.

POW's, spies, captured enemy combatants are not citizens of the US and not entitled to more protection than the Geneva convention allows. The problem is when we violate those rules and / or use legal loopholes like "enemy combatant" to avoid legal responsibility.

This thread is testimony to the fact that Americans have become apathetic to the truth and indifferent to evil. Even more striking is their willingness to export their model to countries that are struggling to remain more civilized.

I disagree. We are fighting an evil ideology, preaching that men have the right to pass judgement and punishment on other men in the name of God.

What was America's great crime that invited Al Queda to attack us in the 1993? After helping AF expel RU, we keep troops in SA at that gov's request. Oh yeah... and we like the Jews.

Bush made a huge blunder invading Iraq. Obama made it worse with feckless, cowardly rules of engagement, then repeated GW Bushes mistakes in north Africa.

It was Obama who supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. If not for a the military, Egypt would be another terrorist state.

Donald Trump wants to GET OUT of Iraq and Syria. So you have aligned interest.. except he likes the Jews.

Most of all, I am very angry what you have dragged the rest of the world into your bogus war on terror that is a war on freedom. This world has become a sh*thole and the US holds tremendous responsibility. Where do I opt out please ?

I agree to a point. We should have left AF to Russia. Lot's of Kuwait's thankful we didn't leave them to be ruled by Saddam Hussein but even if we pulled out of the middle east completely, we would still be fighting religious extremism.

Anwar Sadat was assassinated by religious extremist for making peace with Israel. Imagine if Palestinian Authority made peace with Israel. What countries wouldn't support them?

Last edited:
•••
As usual, some latch onto the least significant part of any comment and repost about it 2+ times.

I'm done here. There is no rational discussion of opposing viewpoints, just ad hominem attacks, moronic memes and faux news spew. I'm tired of it. JB, Kate - have fun and may the force be with you!

I apologize if my comments about gossiping over Melania Trump's outfit made you angry. I get just as angry about the mean, nonsense CNN is constantly spewing about anything Trump.

•••
Didn't mention the woman murdered by alt right, same people he tried to draw a moral equivalency to those protesting.

You're comparing one murder by a white racist to thousands by illegal aliens, using a loophole to enter the country.

Read the WaPo article that investigated MS-13 using unaccompanied minor loop hole. One state, 19 out of 42 people were arrested for murder or attempted murder.

That's a crime-wave, not an outlier. DOJ is rightfully targeting MS-13 and other gangs, not ignoring the problem.

Last edited:
•••
You're comparing one murder by a white racist to thousands by illegal aliens, using a loophole to enter the country.

Read the WaPo article that investigated MS-13 using accompanies minor loop hole. One state, 19 out of 42 people were arrested for murder or attempted murder.

That's a crime-wave, not an outlier. DOJ is rightfully targeting MS-13 and other gangs, not ignoring the problem.
Why would anyone defend MS-13? What good have they contributed to the US or the Sh*thole they came from?

•••
Why would anyone defend MS-13? What good have they contributed to the US or the Sh*thole they came from?

Now @GILSAN, these are minors from a country that can't care for them. All they need is another chance.

BTW, one of those minors was on probation for using a knife to rob a store when he was arrested for murder.

If we're going to let these people into our country, they should be placed in communities like Beverly Hills, Manhattan, Pacific Palisades so they have the best chance to succeed.

•••
Now @GILSAN, these are minors from a country that can't care for them. All they need is another chance.

If we're going to let these people into our country, they should be placed in communities like Beverly Hills, Manhattan, Pacific Palisades so they have the best chance to succeed.
Maybe those Hollywood actresses that have no time to raise babies, but prefer to adopt them... Here you go, take your pick...
uac-middleschoolers-2.jpg

•••
•••
Obama was getting records over half the time. So now it's a thing for you guys, but back when Obama was President and I was pointing it out, it wasn't?

Trump Ranks Sixth In Stock Market Performance Behind Obama And Clinton

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndo...rmance-behind-obama-and-clinton/#1ca9b53f6644

Well Welll - Mr @JB Lions is still discussing politics. The man who called me "crazy" when I told him that Trump will win.

Real entertainment for the conservative gang in this thread.

•••
Well Welll - Mr @JB Lions is still discussing politics. The man who called me "crazy" when I told him that Trump will win.

That's the only thing you hold onto, haha.

As far as some of the crying about Dems sitting down, is this the first SOTU you have watched? It was your basic SOTU. This is what they do. I didn't hear anybody scream out liar, like they did with Obama, so you could make the case Republicans have actually treated the President worse.

MS-13, I'm fine with handling them, I don't see anybody having an issue with that. Handle all the gangs, but it's interesting with this kind of thing, only mentioning them. There are other gangs, we have a spike in white nationalist issues, etc. If he truly cared about innocent people being murdered, where is the bump stock issue? Or some of the other issues? I guess it only gets talked about if you have darker skin. Same with a drug crisis. It's a health issue if it's mostly white people being affected.

DACA deal, I actually am ok with this. That's how deals work. Both sides get what they want, both sides hate what they're giving up. Pathway to citizenship, I know most on the right don't like that.

Economy. Role reversal. If a Democrat was the next President and inherited a great economy. If they hopped on Twitter or started taking credit the first year, I would call them out too, because it's nonsense. You get sworn in, settle in, get your people together, figure out policy, try to enact policy, then in takes awhile for the policy to have an affect on the economy.

So a lot of the credit does go to Obama. Now as we get more into, it'll shift over. We have something real now, the GOP bill. We know how this is going to go. If it turns out great, it'll be the Trump Tax Plan, if it doesn't, Trump will call it the GOP bill. But either way, the GOP/Trump will own it. Good or bad.

Fixing infrastructure, I was always ok with this. I always thought America is pretty pathetic when it comes to this. Funny, you guys blocked Obama when he wanted it, now you're ok with it.

You guys turned to loving spending.

Last edited:
•••

Links please. You're basically just repeating what Trump said, which was rated half true:

"Thousands of Americans have been killed by illegal immigrants."
in a campaign rally in Springfield, Ohio – Thursday, October 27, 2016

I tried searching, I find stuff like:

"The American Immigration Council, a pro-immigrant nonprofit, analyzed data from the Census’ 2010 American Community Survey and found that about 1.6 percent of immigrant males between 18 and 39 years old were incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born population in that same age group. (The Census does not specify legal status.)"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...leaves-out-context-claim-about-immigrants-an/

Last edited:
•••

But, but, but Mr. @sofiapartner didn't you hear that Trump only won thanks to the Russians...
the-russians-did-it-9478582.png

•••
Obama was getting records over half the time. So now it's a thing for you guys, but back when Obama was President and I was pointing it out, it wasn't?

Trump Ranks Sixth In Stock Market Performance Behind Obama And Clinton

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndo...rmance-behind-obama-and-clinton/#1ca9b53f6644
Links please. You're basically just repeating what Trump said, which was rated half true:

"The American Immigration Council, a pro-immigrant nonprofit, analyzed data from the Census’ 2010 American Community Survey and found that about 1.6 percent of immigrant males between 18 and 39 years old were incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born population in that same age group. (The Census does not specify legal status.)"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...leaves-out-context-claim-about-immigrants-an/

"a pro-immigrant nonprofit, analyzed census data from 2010."

Read the latest stats from AZ... where they took the time to separate crime by legal and illegal legal immigrants. 2X more likely to commit murder / rape.

Or you could just shovel more bullshit and scream that's racist.

Last edited:
•••
Read the latest stats from AZ... where they took the time to separate crime by legal and illegal legal immigrants. 2X more likely to commit murder / rape.

Or you could just shovel more bullsh*t and scream that's racist.

I ask you to back it up and as usual, simply me asking you to back up a post, you fold. There is no link in that post. Typical.

Last edited:
•••
I ask you to back it up and as usual, simply me asking you to back up a post, you fold.

Go back in the thread, I've posted to stats and article by WaPo. Or just google.

•••
Go back in the thread, I've posted to stats and article by WaPo. Or just google.

Lies. Not once have you posted a link saying illegal aliens have murdered thousands. You asking me to Google is your usual, I have no idea. And if you've posted stats in the thread, where? You suddenly don't know how to link?

Have you considered to maybe just stop reposting bs lies that Trump says? Stop acting like some parrot? You and Gilsan just repost bs after bs.

Last edited:
•••

Not quite as good as your "pro-immigration group" that analyzed census data from seven years ago but here it is.

Illegals commit crimes at double the rate of native-born: Study
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/26/illegals-commit-crimes-double-rate-native-born-stu/

MS-13 gains recruits and power in U.S. as teens surge across border
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...dbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.4dd600e40f8f

•••
Now your putting words in my mouth.

JB Lying

Lies. Not once have you posted a link saying illegal aliens have murdered thousands. You asking me to Google is your usual, I have no idea. And if you've posted stats in the thread, where? You suddenly don't know how to link?

Have you considered to maybe just stop reposting bs lies that Trump says? Stop acting like some parrot? You and Gilsan just repost bs after bs.

•••
Not quite as good as your "pro-immigration group" that analyzed census data from seven years ago but here it is.

Illegals commit crimes at double the rate of native-born: Study
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/26/illegals-commit-crimes-double-rate-native-born-stu/

MS-13 gains recruits and power in U.S. as teens surge across border
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...dbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.4dd600e40f8f

So you know how to link. Now, maybe you can find one where illegals have murdered thousands, instead of linking to other stuff.

You just linked to some MS-13 article, when I said above, good, get them.

•••
Maybe you can find a the quote where I said illegals murdered thousands. ( but they have )

Don't get all salty b/c you don't like the truth.

So you know how to link. Now, maybe you can find one where illegals have murdered thousands, instead of linking to other stuff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back