Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Trump used his foundation to fund guerrilla filmmaker James O’Keefe
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-funded-james-okeefe-53015c2f44b6/

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...cbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.b6263a87440d

"This is wild! Project Veritas caught trying to get WaPo to bite on a false story about Roy Moore."

"Post reporters found inconsistencies in the woman's story and an Internet post that raised doubts about her motivations. Today, reporters saw her walking into Project Veritas, an organization that targets journalists in an effort to embarrass them."

https://twitter.com/search?q="Project Veritas"&src=tren

•••
Would be awesome if O'Keefe has dirt on WAPO and spills it after all the chest beating.

He's been right more often than wrong.

•••
•••
•••
1994... This is when Diane Feinstein made sense, before Illegals could vote for Democrats and before she was paid off by George Soros...

•••
Teachers Attend 'LGGBDTTTIQQAAP' Sensitivity Training (WTF?)
https://pjmedia.com/trending/teachers-attend-lggbdtttiqqaap-sensitivity-training-wtf/
Screen-Shot-2017-11-26-at-11.48.53-PM.png

transgender-pervs.jpg

•••
Do you run a small biz from your home? Domaining business? Freelancer? Trade? Have friends or relatives that do? Guess what? Under the GOP tax cut bill:
  • Home office deductions GO AWAY
  • Job expenses deductions GO AWAY
  • Child and dependent care expenses deductions GO AWAY
  • Education expense deductions GO AWAY
How much will that add to your taxable income, along with the loss of state, local and property tax deductions?

Call your reps. Especially if they vote red.

I don’t understand what sort of $ and cents impact what you mention really has.
How much tax do you save Deducting a home office?
I was self employed for many years, started at home and grew and moved several times warehouses. I never wrote off a home office as per my accountant it is peanuts deduction. I paid for childcare out of pocket, no such deduction. Took a few classes and books, peanuts for deductions.
I paid megabucks in medical insurance premiums (pre-obamawelfaredisastercare.) Could never write that off either, fortunate to be healthy.

If the changes include removing Mortgage deductions and state taxes agreed that is B.S. on the middle class. That should not change, but dumping obamacare subsidized payments and charge a flat tax, problem solved.

If Gates, Soros, etc. really wanted to help Americans, they would donate to build some up to date hospitals with high tech equipment, urgent care clinics and free or low cost healthcare.

Hospitals I believe in the 50-60’s used to be church and religious based non profits, healthcare turned into this mess with the consumer cheating the insurance, the doctors overcharging and insurance refusing to pay and all based on wallstreet corporate profits. All parties are at fault.

•••
I don’t understand what sort of $ and cents impact what you mention really has.
How much tax do you save Deducting a home office?

Four figures last tax season. Besides office specific expenses, you can write off a percentage of property tax and repairs (as long as they're not capital improvements) proportionate to the %'of space your office takes up in your home.

Taking that away is going to impact the over 50% of small businesses that are home based businesses.

Deductions for state and local taxes are removed, including property tax. That's another significant addition to taxable income.

So 45'"honors" the code talkers by using a racial slur in their presence and once again making the event all about himself. These people honorably served our country and deserved to be received honorsbly - Shameful and sad.

Last edited:
•••
And now.., The rest of the story:

The Post just busted them trying to run a scam. They're getting clowned on right now on social media. And the video didn't touch anything brought up by the Post.

And as someone posted:

"Congrats to James O’Keefe for proving that The Washington Post doesn’t just blindly run the claims of Roy Moore’s accusers"

Also, the video didn't really bring up anything shocking. Imagine what Fox News talked about when Obama was President for those 8 years. I'm sure he was great for their business. Common sense stuff.

DPq8PjPXcAAt9Z_.jpg:large

Last edited:
•••
I thought Democrats enjoyed paying taxes

•••
•••
•••
In the memo, it says:
""some surveys suggest as much as half of the public secretly identifies as LGBT to some extent""

Pathetically upsetting if that is true.

First, don't even know if that's real. Let's say it is:

“become more familiar with current language, sensitive to current issues, and to share best practices in supporting our LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP peers and students.”

I can't see anything wrong with that. Yes, all those letters look crazy but helping teachers learn how to deal with some of those issues kids might be going thru, is a good thing.

And this was back in June, I guess the Right are now just getting outraged over this? Something to talk about?

Not all, some are fiscally Conservative.

Last edited:
•••
I am sure there is plenty of "not all" with Reps, yet lol

•••
Four figures last tax season. Besides office specific expenses, you can write off a percentage of property tax and repairs (as long as they're not capital improvements) proportionate to the %'of space your office takes up in your home.

Taking that away is going to impact the over 50% of small businesses that are home based businesses.

Deductions for state and local taxes are removed, including property tax. That's another significant addition to taxable income.

Well thats a lot more than $$ than I expected, I do believe the Gov and Corps should encourage people not to commute and create more home businesses.
Tax incentives help.

From what you post and what we all get in general are bits and pieces spoon fed from the media. What gets me about all legislation being debated is speculation and manipulation for an agenda. Everything seems to be hidden from the public eye prior to passage. Seems to me all the proposed legislation and bills waiting to be finalized could be summarized and posted by nonpartisan contractors on the internet. Does such a website even exist?? I never see anything posted that is easy to read and simply listed daily that would allow those interested in being informed- not commercials on TV, not talking heads in the MSM, just facts.

The game is the same as always with bargaining state pet projects and pork barrel games buried in a bill. I recall the line item veto that Reagan harped on, which as far as I know never occurred. On purpose, no govt reform just extending their own agendas. Conyers serving 52 years? What a startling fact that was when I read that. Term limits for all. Fire all govt employees each year in Sept fiscal year end and rehire immediately based on merit, end union protection as well. Drain the swamp. Evict all the PAC and Lobbyists. Never will happen, but fun thinking how much less taxes would be with fewer gov employees and less programs and overhead.

•••
The CBO released their report yesterday - https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53348

Senate GOP tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, CBO finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-poor-more-than-originally-thought-cbo-finds/

Lowest-income Americans would take bigger hit than first thought under Senate GOP tax bill, CBO says
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lowest-income-americans-bigger-hit-161206148.html

The agency subtracted changes in federal spending for different income groups from the change in federal revenues allocated to each group. Essentially, the analysis looked at how much effect increased taxes from a group and decreased spending on the same group had on overall deficit estimates. The groups hit hardest — the ones providing a reduction to federal deficits — are the poorest. According to the estimates, anyone making less than $30,000 a year would feel the pinch starting in 2019, with the greatest "savings" to the government (again, a combination of either increases in payments or decreases in money spent on a group in services) coming from those who make less than $10,000 a year. By 2010, everyone making $40,000 or less a year would also be contributing to lowering the deficit by paying more in taxes and/or receiving less in services, creating a net savings for the federal government. In that year, the groups making between $10,000 and $20,000 and between $20,000 and $30,000 would each be contributing double what the under-$10,000 group did in savings.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksh...rse-for-low-incomes-than-before/#717eef01503c

This is basically the ole trickle down nonsense?

Last edited:
•••
•••
First, don't even know if that's real. Let's say it is:

“become more familiar with current language, sensitive to current issues, and to share best practices in supporting our LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP peers and students.”

I can't see anything wrong with that. Yes, all those letters look crazy but helping teachers learn how to deal with some of those issues kids might be going thru, is a good thing.

And this was back in June, I guess the Right are now just getting outraged over this? Something to talk about?

I don't think there is an outrage of any kind, Concerned for the future, disappointment. but not Hate or outrage IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think there is an outrage of any kind, Concerned for the future, disappointment. but not Hate or outrage IMO.

What concern? That kids are nicer to other kids that might be different from them or teachers know how to deal with it?

•••
In the memo, it says:
""some surveys suggest as much as half of the public secretly identifies as LGBT to some extent""

Pathetically upsetting if that is true.
Probably in San Francisco

•••
This is when Diane Feinstein made sense, before Illegals could vote for Democrats and before she was paid off by George Soros...

I met her a few times back then. After she was mayor and before she was senator. She was a sharp and very pleasant woman. Since her husband and her have always had boatloads of money, I doubt Soros would have much sway. Something just seems to happen to people when they are in Washington too long.

•••
I thought republicans really believed in lowering them ... and the national deficit. How can any republican in good conscience vote for something that adds over $1 trillion to it ?

One of the complaints with this bill is that, like the ACA repeal attempts, its being fast tracked through behind closed doors with little transparency. The CBO just got their analysis out in the last few days- normally they would have time to do that up front, followed by debate and discussion.

Speculation is their rich sponsors have threatened to stop writing checks if they can't pass anything but gas...

Less interference from rich sponsors would be a good thing.

Navajo nation responded to the potus' rude and disgusting remarks. And it was a good slapdown.

DPsZsI5UEAAmU7_

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, nav nation My too long to read thigny that JBL mention but yeah he needs to stop that (calling her Poco) It was one thing during the election, but now uncalled for. I would even call it harassment.

We are in a never ending period of increasing the defect. That puppy never going to go lower period because nobody wants to deal with the problem of what really needs to be done to lower it. We cant even deal with someone grabbing someone's ass, how are we going to deal with mass economic problems. So even the Reps have to kick the can down the road

•••
•••
Lowest income American's don't pay taxes. Maybe the lowest tax bracket.

This kind of emotional click-bait is usually full of bias. Stats and reports are interpreted to reach a conclusion.

CBO is not non-partisan or even accurate. Neither are the hot-take interpretations.

The CBO released their report yesterday - https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53348

Senate GOP tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, CBO finds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-poor-more-than-originally-thought-cbo-finds/

Lowest-income Americans would take bigger hit than first thought under Senate GOP tax bill, CBO says
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lowest-income-americans-bigger-hit-161206148.html

The agency subtracted changes in federal spending for different income groups from the change in federal revenues allocated to each group. Essentially, the analysis looked at how much effect increased taxes from a group and decreased spending on the same group had on overall deficit estimates. The groups hit hardest — the ones providing a reduction to federal deficits — are the poorest. According to the estimates, anyone making less than $30,000 a year would feel the pinch starting in 2019, with the greatest "savings" to the government (again, a combination of either increases in payments or decreases in money spent on a group in services) coming from those who make less than $10,000 a year. By 2010, everyone making $40,000 or less a year would also be contributing to lowering the deficit by paying more in taxes and/or receiving less in services, creating a net savings for the federal government. In that year, the groups making between $10,000 and $20,000 and between $20,000 and $30,000 would each be contributing double what the under-$10,000 group did in savings.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksh...rse-for-low-incomes-than-before/#717eef01503c

This is basically the ole trickle down nonsense?

[

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back