IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The notion that British rule is the reason India and Pakistan are poor countries ignores their own history of violence, racism, cast system, religious intolerance and Marxism. Usually spouted by ignorant Marxist.

America, Australia, Canada survived the yoke of oppression and flourished. Our Governments are based on natural rights of the individual, limited democracy and the rule of law.

You can't name one country in this world that didn't take land and resources by force. That's not an excuse, just context.

•••
Did slave labor help build your computer or smartphone? There’s a strong possibility.

North Korean workers — labouring in Chinese factory conditions likened to “modern day slavery” — process seafood for U.S. and Canadian companies as their government takes most of their wages. The income could account for a sizable portion of the cost of North Korea’s nuclear program.

NYC also benefitted greatly from slavery. The same things that make New York a rich and attractive place today made it a partner in slavery leading up to the war – namely its ties to finance and commodities trading. New York was enriched by slavery, and then enriched again by the war effort.

Slavery footprint is a site that asks the simple question, "How many slaves work for you?" The answer feels like it should be zero—after all, nobody reading this owns another human being (I hope). But because of the vast network of supply chains that make up our ever-increasing global marketplace, it turns out that it's a pretty hard question to answer.

As a thought exercise, let's consider the sparkly stuff, like the paint on your car. A common way to make something sparkle is to infuse it with mineral called mica, explains Justin Dillon of Made in a Free World, an organization dedicated to promoting transparent and humane supply chains. "Anywhere between 50 and 60 percent of the world's mica," Dillon tells me, "comes from a region in India where it's mined by kids using prehistoric tools going down into rathole mines. They come out with sparkles on their face."

Dillon's not bullshitting— last year 12 multinational companies had been purchasing mica that had been mined by children. And it quickly came out that those kids weren't exactly working in those mines because they were looking for an alternative to a paper route. "It's painful to see. I look at sparkles very differently now," Dillon says.

Modern-day slavery, Dillon explains, is "extreme poverty with the bottom dropped out." It means being a person who is forced to work in terrible conditions who doesn't have the privilege of stopping. "Anywhere where you don't have the structure around you to protect you and hold you at a basic level of justice," Dillon says, "the conditions are there for you to fall into slavery." According to data from Made In a Free World, over 29 million people could be considered "slaves" under that definition.

Fortunately, there are steps people can take to fight this new version of slavery. Namely, they can help to change the attitudes that make people complicit about the use of forced labor in the supply chains of products they use. Made in a Free World aims to bring awareness to forced labor in supply chains, not just among consumers, but among large corporations who have the power to alter purchasing decisions on a large scale. If enough massive corporations start buying from suppliers who enforce fair labor practices, maybe people can feel a little less bad about buying stuff, armed with the knowledge that they're doing so responsibly.

•••
India has some of the Smartest people in the world who can't wait to leave it. India is poor b/c the Government is corrupt, intolerant of individual rights and Marxist.

•••
Top UK business leaders decry current state of capitalism

Management greed, corporate tax dodging and investor short-termism under fire

Some of Britain’s top business leaders have delivered sharp criticism of the state of capitalism, admitting that management greed, corporate tax dodging and investor short-termism have left it in need of reform and modernisation. “The underlying promise of western capitalist economies — that a rising tide lifts all boats — has been broken,” said Baroness Shriti Vadera, the former minister who now chairs Santander UK. “A better model” is now needed, she added.

•••
Capitalism is not delivering on its promise to raise living standards, a former head of the business lobby, the CBI, has warned.

Lord Adair Turner, who is also a former City regulator, made the comments ahead of the release of third quarter growth figures for the UK on Wednesday.

He said the basic idea that "a rising tide raises all boats" had gone wrong.

Economic growth was not feeding through into people's incomes and living standards, he said in a BBC interview.

"Everybody knows that capitalism is not egalitarian, but the broad promise has been that, over a ten year period, you can be pretty confident that a rising tide raises all boats and everybody feels somewhat better off, and that's gone wrong," he told BBC Radio 5 Live's Wake Up To Money programme.

•••
India has some of the Smartest people in the world who can't wait to leave it. India is poor b/c the Government is corrupt, intolerant of individual rights and Marxist.
I think right now the smartest people in the world, can't wait to leave it.

•••
Donna Brazil comes clean about corruption at the DNC... after sitting on the info for over a year.

http://therightscoop.com/pure-of-he...d-dws-under-the-2016-corruption-bus-big-time/
Mmmmm... not sure about Donna coming clean. As the end of the article says:

Amazing. All of this shock and outrage from the very woman who leaked debate questions to Hillary, not in the general election against Trump, but in a Democratic primary debate against Bernie Sanders! She wanted Hillary to beat Bernie just as much as DWS wanted it.

Of course, as former head of the DNC, she’s now trying to cast herself in a more neutral light. But I don’t think anyone worth their salt in the political world is going to see her as the white knight that saved Camelot. They know she’s dirty.

•••
I am here in Pakistan and here we have millions of religious muslims minding their own business but I am sure once America does what it did to Iraq and Afghanistan the attacks will only increase

Sorry if this rambles, I got carried away.

I have never had a chance to ask a Muslim about their religion. Can you help me understand it? For years, I have read all sorts of western news and propaganda. Al Jazeera news I happen to think has some good alternative commentary as does RT, I have not spent enough time to judge either as having an Ax to grind, so to speak.

Is Islam a religion of peace? Is Islam and the Koran against Christians? From my reading, it appears much is said “If you are not one of us you are an infidel”. Is that true? Or is this propaganda?

Does your mosque teach that the "west" is the enemy? If we “christian born” people are infidels, therefore if that is true is it exclusionary?, whereas say “Born again Christians” appear as inclusionary, accepting everyone. Yet throughout history until the 1800-1900’s, Christians have killed many, many people to advance their cause. These terrorists are portrayed by Politicians and in some of the news media as “Radical Islamic terrorists”. They are supposedly in the Islamic minority, according to what I read. ISIS is comprised of Mercenaries too (Per Putin’s comments) , its not all simply fanatics.

I have a close friend Indian, born in Kashmir, which all his fathers land was taken from them by Muslims from Pakistan. He has much hate and many negative things to say about Pakistan because of it. Very prejudice, with cause. I don’t share his view as it has nothing to do with me. I don’t know or understand all geopolitical differences, as it is so complex. But what I know about prejudice is that within this thread here all participants are all very strongly opinionated. It is an interesting debate. If anything, I am a Penn Gillette or George Carlin type sort of “Leave me alone” person.

The entire world has good hard working people, some of less education and opportunities due to 100's of reasons. I have been fortunate to have been born at time where I had economic security and an environment to create a business to feed myself and family. I don't consider it "White privilege", whatever that means. Sure I suppose because I had a normal accent, I had it easier on the phone and communicating- but nothing else. I was never given ANYTHING Free from the Gov't, nor borrowed money or taken any grants or hand-outs. I have had successful Black friends who have become part of the American dream, two of which are business associates, one was a room-mate in the 70's. I have a close female latina friend who has 12 brothers and sisters who all came to the states illegally and all settled and live in Silicon valley and are entrepreneurs, business owners, real estate owners and tax payers.

Unfortunately, worldwide it takes only a few to make life miserable for others. Be it the richest like Soros funding hate groups in the 1% wealthiest or a few terrorists flying jets into the world trade center in US territory. Graft and Corruption is everywhere, the Lobbyists in the USA are probably the worst since the GDP is massively higher than the rest of the world.

The masses, the taxpayers, job creators in all countries suffer from Political and Gov't incompetence as well as Multinational Corporation's lobbying. The US Military Industrial complex win's by selling more weapons. Yet, it employs people with high paying jobs. With all the NSA spying and sophisticated intelligence gathering going on worldwide- no gov't can completely stop lone wolf idiots from acting out. The news media blabbing about banning people from renting trucks and cars is silly. Banning weapons is dangerous. The saying "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". Look at the failure or 1930's alcohol prohibition and the "War on Drugs", complete failures and wasted tax dollars.

Most all wars are bankers wars and over money, religion and land. The US and Allies should never have gone to war in the middle east and created the mess we as citizens of the world must endure. Thank the Oil families and businesses for that mess. The UK were the first to go there to ME, while tents and Nomads and no borders really were defined, the French in Northern Africa exploited there too. The US multinationals later. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan and gave up. The US has done the same invading and wiping out a few cave dwellers above your country, resulting in collateral damage. It’s a mess.

The US revolution was about personal freedom and taxation without representation. The US foreign policy historically is to police the world and lead in protecting those who cannot on their own like Kuwait. While the ideology of spreading democracy is a noble one, it does not work in some places. Vietnam was a sad mistake, started by the imperial french. WWII the US servicemen suffered to protect Europe, yet some of the current generations of French and English seem to forget this. The Russians had more deaths than Allies assisting in WWII as I recall.

40 years ago in the US when and where I was growing up was diverse and inclusionary, I went to school in an inner city, and a ghetto nearby, we had all races. Asian, Latin, Caucasian, African American, Pacific Islanders, etc. We all got along fairly well, nothing like the divisive crap going on now. There were no Muslims as far as I know, so hence my above question. I have only become aware of them constantly by the news media slanting and with all the negative press and 9/11. Btw, We had jewish students, but none stood out or were separated they mingled with all. It was an interesting mix, looking back.

Many societies have 2 faces. Look at the "Peaceful" loving Japanese. While in Osaka, they were mostly friendly and I enjoyed it. But I was also treated in some circumstances here and there as a “Gaijin”, we were actually requested to leave our seats in a bar so Japanese can sit there instead.

The level of hate and confrontation I read everywhere and see is appalling. I love my country, I respect all cultures, but fear all governments.

•••
Do Westerners ever apologize for war crimes committed abroad ? The US is the biggest terrorist in terms of casualties and it's a fact. US policy has caused more deaths than all terrorist attacks combined.

Kate, the way we apologize is we the taxpayers pay for what the politicians create, the US taxpayers pay for it all with the massively high GDP and wealth extracted from working people. And the massive $20 Trillion debt now. We send billions out in foreign aid. Remember the Marshall Plan? Rebuilding Europe after the war? Europe would be a ghetto maybe today and still fighting among borders had not US Taxpayers paid for that. And at the Nato Meeting- those Arrogant Politicians had the nerve to snicker at Trump saying he was going to make sure that Europe is not continuing to be a deadbeat on NATO payments per % of GDP, Especially Germany with their strong economy. Greece and their suffering economy however was up to date where I read about it.

What about rebuilding Japan?, soon to rebuild the Middle East. To label the US as a terrorist country might be your opinion you are entitled to it but that is beyond being callous and rough. The US made and makes lots of mistakes. A big one was the firing of all the Iraq Military after the war ended. Huge mistake. The powers that be never apologized either. But speaking of terrorism- so have the Europeans, after all they were the ones who invaded the America's!, Caribbean and Northern Africa 600 years ago. Africa has plenty of Terrorists and puppet Gov't's being exploited by the entire world, most recently the Chinese.

Certainly, the origin of terrorism was from Norway! Or Genghis Khan, or Ottoman Empire... please. But the USA isn't about spreading hate and evil. It's all about the money and attempting to teach economic independence and trade.

All of the world has origins of terrorism historically and in all forms, it isn't a 20th century problem that started in Munich Olympics.

•••
•••
Are there any majority Muslim countries in the world where other religions, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. aren't persecuted?

Slavery still popular in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. https://www.globalslaveryindex.org/index/

There are many majority Muslim countries where even Muslims are persecuted, for example, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Bangladesh, even Saudi Arabia. Most Muslim majority countries persecute not only non-muslims but also muslims. The problem is not with Islam but with the leaders. No muslim majority country is ruling by Sharia.

•••
Not on planet Earth. In fact most minority communities of Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists that used to live in majority Muslim countries, 40. 50. 60 years ago, have been driven out or kicked out by the intolerant Muslims.

Haris showed videos of 1 mosque being blown up and another shot at, but he didn't show videos on Youtube showing many hundreds of churches destroyed or burn by Muslim fanatics all over the world, including in Europe

Well there are hundreds of videos of Mosques destroyed by the coalitions air strikes not just 2 I showed. Fallujah in Iraq was once called city of mosques with few hundred mosques and almost all mosques have been destroyed now in the name of liberation and democrazy.

•••
There are many majority Muslim countries where even Muslims are persecuted, for example, Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Bangladesh, even Saudi Arabia. Most Muslim majority countries persecute not only non-muslims but also muslims. The problem is not with Islam but with the leaders. No muslim majority country is ruling by Sharia.

I thought Iran and Saudi Arabia enforced Sharia law?

•••
I thought Iran and Saudi Arabia enforced Sharia law?

Haha I know most non-muslims think like that. There is no tax in Sharia.. except a small Jizya tax on non-muslims (which no muslim country in the world takes). No water, sales, electricity or gas tax in Sharia. The natural resources belong to the people. The ruler who takes taxes will go to hell. That's Islam. There is much more that Saudi Arabia and Iran do against Sharia. Iran isn't even a Muslim country. We the Sunnis call them sons of Jews because the one who started the Shiite religion was Abdullah ibn Saba the Jew.

•••
Sorry if this rambles, I got carried away.

I have never had a chance to ask a Muslim about their religion. Can you help me understand it? For years, I have read all sorts of western news and propaganda. Al Jazeera news I happen to think has some good alternative commentary as does RT, I have not spent enough time to judge either as having an Ax to grind, so to speak.

Is Islam a religion of peace? Is Islam and the Koran against Christians? From my reading, it appears much is said “If you are not one of us you are an infidel”. Is that true? Or is this propaganda?

Does your mosque teach that the "west" is the enemy? If we “christian born” people are infidels, therefore if that is true is it exclusionary?, whereas say “Born again Christians” appear as inclusionary, accepting everyone. Yet throughout history until the 1800-1900’s, Christians have killed many, many people to advance their cause. These terrorists are portrayed by Politicians and in some of the news media as “Radical Islamic terrorists”. They are supposedly in the Islamic minority, according to what I read. ISIS is comprised of Mercenaries too (Per Putin’s comments) , its not all simply fanatics.

I have a close friend Indian, born in Kashmir, which all his fathers land was taken from them by Muslims from Pakistan. He has much hate and many negative things to say about Pakistan because of it. Very prejudice, with cause. I don’t share his view as it has nothing to do with me. I don’t know or understand all geopolitical differences, as it is so complex. But what I know about prejudice is that within this thread here all participants are all very strongly opinionated. It is an interesting debate. If anything, I am a Penn Gillette or George Carlin type sort of “Leave me alone” person.

The entire world has good hard working people, some of less education and opportunities due to 100's of reasons. I have been fortunate to have been born at time where I had economic security and an environment to create a business to feed myself and family. I don't consider it "White privilege", whatever that means. Sure I suppose because I had a normal accent, I had it easier on the phone and communicating- but nothing else. I was never given ANYTHING Free from the Gov't, nor borrowed money or taken any grants or hand-outs. I have had successful Black friends who have become part of the American dream, two of which are business associates, one was a room-mate in the 70's. I have a close female latina friend who has 12 brothers and sisters who all came to the states illegally and all settled and live in Silicon valley and are entrepreneurs, business owners, real estate owners and tax payers.

Unfortunately, worldwide it takes only a few to make life miserable for others. Be it the richest like Soros funding hate groups in the 1% wealthiest or a few terrorists flying jets into the world trade center in US territory. Graft and Corruption is everywhere, the Lobbyists in the USA are probably the worst since the GDP is massively higher than the rest of the world.

The masses, the taxpayers, job creators in all countries suffer from Political and Gov't incompetence as well as Multinational Corporation's lobbying. The US Military Industrial complex win's by selling more weapons. Yet, it employs people with high paying jobs. With all the NSA spying and sophisticated intelligence gathering going on worldwide- no gov't can completely stop lone wolf idiots from acting out. The news media blabbing about banning people from renting trucks and cars is silly. Banning weapons is dangerous. The saying "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". Look at the failure or 1930's alcohol prohibition and the "War on Drugs", complete failures and wasted tax dollars.

Most all wars are bankers wars and over money, religion and land. The US and Allies should never have gone to war in the middle east and created the mess we as citizens of the world must endure. Thank the Oil families and businesses for that mess. The UK were the first to go there to ME, while tents and Nomads and no borders really were defined, the French in Northern Africa exploited there too. The US multinationals later. The Soviets invaded Afghanistan and gave up. The US has done the same invading and wiping out a few cave dwellers above your country, resulting in collateral damage. It’s a mess.

The US revolution was about personal freedom and taxation without representation. The US foreign policy historically is to police the world and lead in protecting those who cannot on their own like Kuwait. While the ideology of spreading democracy is a noble one, it does not work in some places. Vietnam was a sad mistake, started by the imperial french. WWII the US servicemen suffered to protect Europe, yet some of the current generations of French and English seem to forget this. The Russians had more deaths than Allies assisting in WWII as I recall.

40 years ago in the US when and where I was growing up was diverse and inclusionary, I went to school in an inner city, and a ghetto nearby, we had all races. Asian, Latin, Caucasian, African American, Pacific Islanders, etc. We all got along fairly well, nothing like the divisive crap going on now. There were no Muslims as far as I know, so hence my above question. I have only become aware of them constantly by the news media slanting and with all the negative press and 9/11. Btw, We had jewish students, but none stood out or were separated they mingled with all. It was an interesting mix, looking back.

Many societies have 2 faces. Look at the "Peaceful" loving Japanese. While in Osaka, they were mostly friendly and I enjoyed it. But I was also treated in some circumstances here and there as a “Gaijin”, we were actually requested to leave our seats in a bar so Japanese can sit there instead.

The level of hate and confrontation I read everywhere and see is appalling. I love my country, I respect all cultures, but fear all governments.
Great post with lots of true facts, but, how do we solve at least part of these problems, since it will be impossible to solve them all.
How do you stop children from becoming bullies and be friendly with others?
How do you stop kids from leaving their cell phones for an hour, without freaking out?
How do we stop the MSM from creating, instead of giving us the news?
Where can we find some more Walter Cronkites, to give us the news?
How do we stop young Muslims from getting radicalized? Their parents were not like that.
How can we teach politicians, journalists and bankers to be honest and stop lying?
When can we stop with open borders, forced on us by Liberal politicians, against the will of the people?
When will we in Europe and America make a law to force all Muslim Imams to give sermons in that countries language, instead of in Arabic?
When will all Western countries ban the Niqab in public? After all, if I were to walk into a bank or some public places wearing a helmet I could be arrested right away.

So many questions... not enough answers.

Last edited:
•••
Is Islam a religion of peace? Is Islam and the Koran against Christians? From my reading, it appears much is said “If you are not one of us you are an infidel”.

Yes Islam is a religion of Peace. Islam the name comes from the Arabic word 'Salam' which means Peace. But before Peace there is war. Think about the current war on terror. All the countries attacking not only the terrorists but many muslim civilians and waging a war on us and claiming they're liberating us and giving us peace. Look at what Mosul and Raqqa and many other liberated cities in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and Syria look like right now. It's peace really, cuz no one is alive. LOL

Islam will bring real peace but before peace it'll serve justice and it'll fight against the tyrants and the oppressors. It is not like we will kill every non-muslim, no way, Christians & Jews have lived under Muslim rule since Muhammad's (Peace Be Upon Him) time. There will be a covenant of safety and Muslims are going to protect non-muslims under it's rule the same way they'll protect muslims. Same rights. Then you'll realize that Islam is truly a peaceful religion. Yes there will be punishment for those who falsely claimed to be Muslim to led people astray. Yes theives hand will get chopped, and stuff but soon there will be no robbery due to fear of a hand getting chopped and due to equal share of wealth.

About the word Infidel, I googled this word yesterday the first time as I don't even understand what it really means and I still don't completely get it but Muslims all over the world just refer to all non-muslims as infidels. I think it should not be considered an insulting word, it just means we are muslims and you're not. Only a Muslim would consider it an insult when it is said to him because he thinks of himself as a Muslim and you call him a Non-Muslim.

Christians are close to us then any other non-muslim. There is even a prophecy about Christians and Muslims having a peace treaty and fighting against a common enemy in future, China maybe. Once Prophet Isa (Jesus, Peace Be Upon Him) is back, and he'll have 2 eyes unlike the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) who is one eyed, as Hollywood portrays, Most Christians and Muslims would follow whatever Jesus follows. When He follows Islam, Christians will accept Islam too.

Does your mosque teach that the "west" is the enemy? If we “christian born” people are infidels, therefore if that is true is it exclusionary?, whereas say “Born again Christians” appear as inclusionary, accepting everyone. Yet throughout history until the 1800-1900’s, Christians have killed many, many people to advance their cause. These terrorists are portrayed by Politicians and in some of the news media as “Radical Islamic terrorists”. They are supposedly in the Islamic minority, according to what I read. ISIS is comprised of Mercenaries too (Per Putin’s comments) , its not all simply fanatics

What's a Jew to you? When Prophet Isa (Jesus, PBUH) came. What were Jews considered if they didn't accept Christianity? Obviously they rejected the truth. Whatever a Jew is to you, you are to us.

Last edited:
•••
How do we stop young Muslims from getting radicalized? Their parents were not like that.

When will we in Europe and America make a law to force all Muslim Imams to give sermons in that countries language, instead of in Arabic?

When will all Western countries ban the Niqab in public? After all, if I were to walk into a bank or some public places wearing a helmet I could be arrested right away.

Get out of Muslim countries and ta-da, no more radicalization.

Even in Pakistan where most people don't understand Arabic the friday sermons are in Arabic because it's an Islamic thing. Part of religion, can't change it.

Again a part of religion, can't stop wearing Niqab because of what any human thinks about it.

I have a very good thing to share with you Gilsan, you would love it really. You want muslims out of your country, great. What you can do is tell the Imam's of mosques and other muslims too the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) about living with Non-muslims.

https://islamqa.info/en/13363

The basic principle is that it is not permissible for the Muslim to settle among the mushrikeen. This is indicated by evidence from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and on the basis of common sense.

In the Qur’aan, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell — what an evil destination!”

[al-Nisa’ 4:97]

Islam doesn't allow Muslims to go live with non-Muslims unless they go there to preach and we all know most Muslims go to West and other non-muslim countries to earn money, which is very wrong, against the teaching of Islam.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I disown every Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2645; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

mushrikeen = polytheists

Must read that link I shared above, more details there. Embarrass the muslims who live in your country, that's a Muslim telling you. Just don't try to make them remove their Niqaabs or make them do anything against Islam.

Last edited:
•••
@GILSAN

Tell them, "I am not telling you to leave, your Prophet (PBUH) is."

•••
Great post with lots of true facts, but, how do we solve at least part of these problems, since it will be impossible to solve them all.
How do you stop children from becoming bullies and be friendly with others?
How do you stop kids from leaving their cell phones for an hour, without freaking out?
How do we stop the MSM from creating, instead of giving us the news?
Where can we find some more Walter Cronkites, to give us the news?
How can we teach politicians, journalists and bankers to be honest and stop lying?
When can we stop with open borders, forced on us by Liberal politicians, against the will of the people?

So many questions... not enough answers.

All good questions. Here is one simple answer from a super innovator.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jimihendri195397.html

1. Bullies will always exist. You had them, I had them our grandfathers had them. It starts at home. The family unit is a fucked up. No solution, but when I was in school, you respected teachers and peers and they used to paddle misbehaving kids, until some dumb people decided that was too harsh.

2. Smart phone/Cell phones are a bane to all human interaction and communication. Email for that matter too, I used to talk on the phone, now nobody answers the phone. Kid's need to get into sports or music or something postive. Parents are to blame for the current entitlement generation. These idiots teachers and admins with no graded report cards is ignorant. Just showing up to eat their lunch and get a pass fail grade.

3. The Corporations run the media. Small business is being crushed by changes- Google and Amazon are not our friends. They have so much influence, and it's been fed like a drop of poison each year, not enough to kill you, but make you insane after 20+ years. No solution, we are cooked.

4. Walter Cronkite- what an icon. He's gone forever I am afraid. At least the internet allows anybody a forum on youtube, abeit some real tools. Instead the traditional airwaves, Blabbermouths on both sides drone on and on on the same spiels nightly. The hate against our elected president is unprecedented in my lifetime. Solution is to tune out.

5. The current parents are of another generation than before. All they have seen for years is war. The radicalized issue is where one grows up with no hope, don't learn the language or want to be part of the culture of their new homes. Then their fears are manipulated into hate against those who have something of material value (House, car, better food). The French ghettos- the french are a closed society, it's their fault imo, so is Germany- so politicians they allow "outsiders" in the border, but also are at fault for not patronizing their business' or giving the ones deserving a job. I have spoken to a German business owner who hired refugees and says their work ethics are culturally incompatible with german business. They want to clock out at 2pm. Work 5 hour days. Maybe in the brutal heat of the ME, that's what they do.
Inclusion on both sides is the solution. The Volunteer organizations and side entities of Gov't need to reach out and provide some sort of job opportunity even if it is make-work, since they sit around and have nothing to do but feel sorry for themselves.

6. Liars all. Gov't's, Politicians, Bankers and Journalists have an agenda. And it does not you or I or include the normal working person, it is to extract as much money from you as they can for their own agendas and power. Same with Big Pharma, Monsanto, Big Health care. I remember when Hospitals were run by Church groups, where people really cared. Not anymore. No easy solution.

7. Open Borders is being worked on. I think that might be a viable solution at least in the States.

8. Sermons in English/German/French? Forcing languages in mosques- that will never happen. The congregation is most likely all arabic speakers, as I recall Korean Baptist churches where I was from, they spoke native language. Gov't should not be involved in religion. US Constitution is separation of Church and State.

9. Entering a bank, wearing sunglasses, a helmet or mask is strictly prohibited and enforced where I live.
The idea of wearing a religious mandated scarf is equal in principle to wearing a halloween mask- it's sole purpose is to hide your identity. I see Austria banned them recently. This has a solution.

I believe the speed at which news is transmitted and absorbed is the bane of our current existence. Information travels too fast, life goes on too fast. Everybody wants instant everything- look at the obesity problem- fast food- Oh McDonalds add them to the list with Big Pharma.

•••
Well there are hundreds of videos of Mosques destroyed by the coalitions air strikes not just 2 I showed. Fallujah in Iraq was once called city of mosques with few hundred mosques and almost all mosques have been destroyed now in the name of liberation and democrazy.
BS... The majority of mosques destroyed were by the different Muslim factions. The coalition forces tried to avoid religious or historical monuments, though inevitably they did hit some mosques. Still no comparison to the amount of churches burnt down and destroyed by Muslims

•••
The problem is not with Islam but with the leaders. No muslim majority country is ruling by Sharia.
That's what we are trying to tell @GILSAN.
He seems to forget that not so long ago his home country of Portugal was a fascist state, based on Catholic faith. He sure must remember, he was a young man when the regime collapsed. Perhaps we might also ask him what he was doing during those years, for sure he was actively fighting for democracy and for his country ? He's always sharing wisdom with us about what the Muslims should or shouldn't be doing to improve their living conditions. Maybe he can share his experience as a freedom fighter ?

Over the course of History there have always been plenty of dictatorial regimes, and regardless of the level of popular support they all need a veneer of legitimacy. That legitimacy is usually based on a mix of religion, traditions, nationalism etc. Catholicism has been used and abused too. The Church may have been complicit on the occasion, but it can also have been exploited against its will. Same goes for any other faith.
Communism is another form of dictatorship that does not rely on religion. But it is nearly as bad as theocracy in some aspects. Although some would say that Communism tried to take the place of religion and failed because it could not deliver outright paradise.

A nice spoof video: passerby shocked by verses from the Quran until they find out it's quotes from the Bible

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
BS... The majority of mosques destroyed were by the different Muslim factions. The coalition forces tried to avoid religious or historical monuments, though inevitably they did hit some mosques. Still no comparison to the amount of churches burnt down and destroyed by Muslims
Reading Haris posts have convinced me even more of how evil his religion is. All they want is war, vengeance, to conquer the world, turn all into an Islamic State and subjugate all the "infidels" or else they will all be wiped out from the face of the world starting with the Jews.

Well I can tell you that the more you or that Mad Cow Kate try, the more I would love to see all Muslims leave Europe, go back to their hell holes and stay there forever. I don't wish them any harm as long as they stay away. from Europe. You have only brought violence and hate into this continent. The Koran is filled with violent passages, wishing death upon the kaffirs and to dominate the world. Your religion is not of peace, but of violence and vengeance, as your posts clearly explain.

LOL

Boogeyman is coming to get you. He may be under your bed.

•••
Reading Haris posts have convinced me even more of how evil his religion is. All they want is war, vengeance, to conquer the world, turn all into an Islamic State and subjugate all the "infidels" or else they will all be wiped out from the face of the world starting with the Jews.

Well I can tell you that the more you or that Mad Cow Kate try, the more I would love to see all Muslims leave Europe, go back to their hell holes and stay there forever. I don't wish them any harm as long as they stay away. from Europe. You have only brought violence and hate into this continent. The Koran is filled with violent passages, wishing death upon the kaffirs and to dominate the world. Your religion is not of peace, but of violence and vengeance, as your posts clearly explain.
No matter what words you read, you can't force a truly good person to commit [or enjoy] violence.

•••
BTW, you said "I don't wish them any harm as long as they stay away. from Europe". It means that you wish them harm when they live in Europe. It seems you're the one who is evil. @GILSAN

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back