NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Biden gets a pat on the head...

FWvMm5WWAAEsvbc.jpg

•••
Blah, blah, blah.... vapid meme words. Facts and morality. Those who talk about it rarely have it.

Dismissive much? :whistle:

Philosopher, matematician, pacifist, Nobel Prize winner, he was also a supporter of Zionism. Bertrand Russel went to British prison at the ripe old age of 89 for anti-nuclear weapons demonstration. IMO he had integrity.

It's clearly obvious that many today have had their moral compasses demagnitized.

•••
•••
Philosopher, matematician, pacifist, Nobel Prize winner, he was also a supporter of Zionism. Bertrand Russel went to British prison at the ripe old age of 89 for anti-nuclear weapons demonstration. IMO he had integrity.

It's clearly obvious that many today have had their moral compasses demagnitized.
He also supported eugenics and had a spotty personal life. It's easy to reference some "authority" - post a picture of Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Einstein, Greta Thunberg... Anyone but Jesus Christ apparently. But the same applies to him. Post a picture of your favorite icon and attach some vapid words, like "be moral" or "give peace a chance." As though the problem with the world is that it has just never occurred to people to be moral or to support peace. "Peace? Morality? Gee, never thought of that. How transgressive are those ideas?"

What people who do this are really saying is that they are moral and some of you lot are not. That's easier than accepting that someone as moral as you, or even more so, may have an opposing opinion.

And I think I have said it here before, but when someone starts talking about morality, integrity, honesty, being a good Christian, whatever.... that's a red flag. Those who choose to call attention to it by talking about it are usually the ones to be careful of. (Obviously, this doesn't apply if the who conversation is about these things, like here - but to people who introduce the topic in unrelated conversations.) People with integrity and honesty simply act the part - they don't talk about it. A short way of saying this is nice guys never say "I'm a nice guy."

•••
He also supported eugenics and had a spotty personal life. It's easy to reference some "authority" - post a picture of Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Einstein, Greta Thunberg... Anyone but Jesus Christ apparently. But the same applies to him. Post a picture of your favorite icon and attach some vapid words, like "be moral" or "give peace a chance." As though the problem with the world is that it has just never occurred to people to be moral or to support peace. "Peace? Morality? Gee, never thought of that. How transgressive are those ideas?"
Eugenics...hmmm, IIRC Frederick Trump was into that, probably influenced his son (ref: Bemidji)

Again, you attack the messenger. The tribe cannot accept fact when proof is evident. Is hate foolish and love wise? That was the interviewee's point. Debate that.

And I think I have said it here before, but when someone starts talking about morality, integrity, honesty, being a good Christian, whatever.... that's a red flag. Those who choose to call attention to it by talking about it are usually the ones to be careful of. (Obviously, this doesn't apply if the who conversation is about these things, like here - but to people who introduce the topic in unrelated conversations.) People with integrity and honesty simply act the part - they don't talk about it. A short way of saying this is nice guys never say "I'm a nice guy."
So when Trump campaign boasted, "No Mr Nice Guy", does that mean he's a nice guy? Take that to the bank.

Last edited:
•••
Eugenics...hmmm, IIRC Frederick Trump was into that, probably influenced his son (ref: Bemidji)

Again, you attack the messenger. The tribe cannot accept fact when proof is evident. Is hate foolish and love wise? That was the interviewee's point. Debate that.

So when Trump campaign boasted, "No Mr Nice Guy", does that mean he's a nice guy? Take that to the bank.
This has nothing to do with Trump. Why are you obsessed with the man? There are real problems in the world, and in the White House, right now. Existential problems. But all I hear is "Trump this, Trump that." Leave the cult and join the real world.

•••
This has nothing to do with Trump. Why are you obsessed with the man? There are real problems in the world, and in the White House, right now. Existential problems. But all I hear is "Trump this, Trump that." Leave the cult and join the real world.

First, had Trump left office with dignity and coolness when he lost the election, perhaps the US would not be in its current dilemma. All we have heard since he left office is how the election was stolen.

Secondly, he is again considering a presidential run. A disgraced megalomaniac narcissist armed with a venedetta and a cult following is not an existential threat?

I'm sorry, this has everything to do with the man. Leave the cult, step into the light and join the real world.

Last edited:
•••
Trump again... you are like a woman who cant stop taking about how terrible her ex was. The US is being dismantled by your guys... blame it on Trump, blame it on the Russians, blame it the gas station owners. Anything but the truth. Who is in the cult again?

•••
Trump again...
I wish it weren't so, but deja vu...
The US is being dismantled by your guys...
My guys, lol, the people of the forest?
blame it on Trump, blame it on the Russians, blame it the gas station owners. Anything but the truth. Who is in the cult again?
Blame whoever, it won't matter. The current placebo prez will likely be replaced by a Trumppet... most policies will be rolled back.

Make America groovy again is just a pipe dream.

•••
I wish it weren't so, but deja vu...

Blame whoever, it won't matter. The current placebo prez will likely be replaced by a Trumppet... most policies will be rolled back.

Make America groovy again is just a pipe dream.
I am glad that we still have sensible politicians in the government who understand that the current situation is just a disaster, I hope the situation will not reach the point of no return

•••
The people in charge, who you never say a word about while you attack the only alternative - however flawed he may be.
I am glad that we still have sensible politicians in the government who understand that the current situation is just a disaster,
Which country is that? I'd like to move there.

•••
The people in charge, who you never say a word about while you attack the only alternative - however flawed he may be.
Oh, you mean the shadow behind the placebo? Gotcha ;)
Which country is that? I'd like to move there.
Getting tired of sake and sashimi? Try the blowfish, I hear it's to die for ;)

•••
Oh, you mean the shadow behind the placebo?
Exactly. You prefer a country run from the shadows, by unseen people who nobody elected. And Biden is hardly a placebo - placebos are harmless. He is an empty vessel, what remains of a lifelong politician who will do whatever it takes to grab power and money, with no moral center at all. At this stage of his long and corrupt career, he is happy to live his dream by serving his real masters - that shadow you speak of.
Getting tired of sake and sashimi? Try the blowfish, I hear it's to die for
Don't drink much these days. You can eat fugu of it excites you. Fairly tasteless fish. The only way to die from it is if you prepare yourself and don't know what you are doing. It happens.

Last edited:
•••
o

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. You prefer a country run from the shadows, by unseen people who nobody elected.
BS assumption. Politics is all about padding wallets. Follow the money. It took me exactly 5 seconds to search PAC contributions. I suggest you do the same.

https://www.opensecrets.org/

For example: fossil fuel companies contributed over $359 million to US federal parties last midterm election to pressure policy while they've been draining public lands for decades. More fracking... WOOT!

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/...cal-giving-outdistances-renewables-13-to-one/

The industry sowed doubt for decades about climate science, spending $2.9 billion on advocacy advertising alone in a 10-year period ending in 2015. It spent $1.3 billion more lobbying to shape public policy on energy issues during the same period and has pumped out $827.9 million in campaign contributions since 2000 to elect sympathetic officials at the local, state and federal levels.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/05062017/exxon-climate-change-fraud-investigation/

Don't drink much these days.
Getting thirsty?

“When the last tree is cut, the last river poisoned, and the last fish dead, we will discover that we can’t eat money…”

•••
@Domainace, here are your shadows...

0120_whos_spending.jpg

Now, off the top of your head, can you name just one renewable energy company? :unsure:

•••
VICTORY: Federal Court Restores Critical Endangered Species Act Protections

Conservation groups challenged the Trump administration rules for undermining protections for imperiled species and habitat necessary for their survival, and their lawsuit was joined by a group of states, led by California, and an animal welfare group .

The Trump rules threatened to upend decades of clarity and protections for hundreds of species that have benefited from the established policy.

The Services asked to partially rewrite flawed Endangered Species Act (ESA) regulations while keeping them in place during a rulemaking process that could take years to complete. The Court disagreed and vacated the 2019 ESA regulations instead.

“The Court spoke for species desperately in need of comprehensive federal protections without compromise,” said Kristen Boyles, attorney at Earthjustice. “Threatened and endangered species do not have the luxury of waiting under rules that do not protect them.”

“Trump’s gutting of endangered species protections should have been rescinded on day one of the Biden presidency,” said Noah Greenwald, endangered species director at the Center for Biological Diversity. “With today’s court ruling, the Services can finally get on with the business of protecting and recovering imperiled species.”

https://earthjustice.org/news/press...s-critical-endangered-species-act-protections

Court Order

•••
•••
Politics is all about padding wallets. Follow the money
Congratulations. That's a start. Why cherry pick though? Why not notice most PAC money goes to Democrats. And why pick oil companies when there are plenty of left wing state-control fetishists (calling Mr. Gates, Mr. Soros, Mr. Gates) spending more than them?

Why not name the top PACS in the very link you sent me? Why... surprise... they are government employee unions! Yes, that mostly parasitic class that lives off the middle class's hard-earned tax dollars. And they use that money to buy influence to make sure they can extract even more dollars - regardless of what the voters (the mostly productive members of society) may want.

It's understandable, though, if corporations don't quite measure up in PACs. Perhaps it's because they have many other more effective ways of buying politicians - ways that are completely hidden. Why mess with PACs, which are public knowledge? China and Ukraine are in on the game as well, so countries can play too.

You put your trust in civil servants who have become wealthy while "serving the public." Not a peep. Biden on record discussing the selling of influence to foreign agents with his son. Not a peep. But god forbid somebody who got wealthy without exploiting the taxpayers and pretending to be a public servant runs for office. Let's check that guy out!

You think capitalism destroys the environment? Wait until you see what widespread poverty does. You think it's corrupt now, wait until the government has even more power. You think crime, morals and corruption are a problem, wait until you see what poverty does to people.

You seem to understand that none of the politicians care about the people. So why not focus on those in power? Why not focus at least on those who give lip service to reducing the government - rather than supporting those who say the answer is for then to have even more power? By always dreaming about Trump, you are right where they want you. "Look at Trump, not at what we are doing."

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations. That's a start. Why cherry pick though? Why not notice most PAC money goes to Democrats. And why pick oil companies when there are plenty of left wing state-control fetishists
I'm neither Repub nor Dem, both parties received roughly the same $$$ in donations.
Why not name the top PACS in the very link you sent me? Why... surprise... they are government employee unions! Yes, that mostly parasitic class that lives off the middle class's hard-earned tax dollars. And they use that money to buy influence to make sure they can extract even more dollars - regardless of what the voters (the mostly productive members of society) may want.
Do unions look for tax loopholes to jump thru? I suppose in your world, people ought not be allowed to organize themselves, just everyone for themselves.
You put your trust in civil servants who have become wealthy while "serving the public." Not a peep. Biden on record discussing the selling of influence to foreign agents with his son. Not a peep. But god forbid somebody who got wealthy without exploiting the taxpayers and pretending to be a public servant runs for office. Let's check that guy out!
Me no worry, you've got that part covered. Just don't forget the orange elephant in the room.
You think capitalism destroys the environment? Wait until you see what widespread poverty does. You think it's corrupt now, wait until the government has even more power. You think crime, morals and corruption are a problem, wait until you see what poverty does to people.
It'll defintely be a wake-up call. The old saying, "We're number One, why try harder?" seems applicable.
What happened to good ol' American ingenuity and invention?
You seem to understand that none of the politicians care about the people. So why not focus on those in power?
Okay, Biden is considering lifting tariffs on Chinese products from Trump trade war era to ease inflation. At the same time, he is doubling tariffs on Canadian lumber - prices already skyrocketing.

That's just going to make housing in US even more unaffordable, while Canada will sell it's wood elsewhere.

•••
You think capitalism destroys the environment? Wait until you see what widespread poverty does.
Capitalism itself doesn't destroy the environment, monopoly capitalism does, together with conspicuous consumption, resource exploitation, monoculture etc.

Poverty is already widespread. A billion people are currently threatened with starvation. At same time, a billion people suffer from obesity, while billionaires' wealth increase.

EnvExploitation.gif

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do unions look for tax loopholes to jump thru? I suppose in your world, people ought not be allowed to organize themselves, just everyone for themselves.

I am talking about unions for government employees - there is something inherently wrong in such unions. They are why cities around the country will soon be bankrupt from pensions. Taxpayers are not allowed to cut the generous pensions city employees receive. Instead they have to cut funds for kids, roads, education, etc... the unions usurp the rights of taxpayers.

Not sure what relevance your "tax loophole" comment has. Unions use PACs because they are unable to offer insider investments, cush and high paying jobs or massive speaker fees like corporations do when they want to bribe an official.

•••
Capitalism itself doesn't destroy the environment, monopoly capitalism does,
And your favorite liberals feed off monopoly capitalism and insider trading.

Poverty is already widespread. A billion people are currently threatened with starvation.
There is less poverty in the world today than almost any time in history. Sadly, that is beginning to change thanks to utopian one-world idealists peddling the same old central state control.

•••
There is less poverty in the world today than almost any time in history.
Thank your second favourite president for that.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CHN/china/poverty-rate
Sadly, that is beginning to change thanks to utopian one-world idealists peddling the same old central state control.

The rich promote a system of free trade for everyone else while they themselves practise mercantilism. Does this sound familiar?

Though the encouragement of exportation and the discouragement of importation are the two great engines by which the mercantile system proposes to enrich every country, yet with regard to some particular commodities it seems to follow an opposite plan: to discourage exportation and to encourage importation. Its ultimate object, however, it pretends, is always the same, to enrich the country by the advantageous balance of trade. It discourages the exportation of the materials of manufacture, and of the instruments of trade, in order to give our own workmen an advantage, and to enable them to undersell those of other nations in all foreign markets; and by restraining, in this manner, the exportation of a few commodities of no great price, it proposes to occasion a much greater and more valuable exportation of others. It encourages the importation of the materials of manufacture in order that our own people may be enabled to work them up more cheaply, and thereby prevent a greater and more valuable importation of the manufactured commodities. - Adam Smith

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back