IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.8%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nobody seems interested in the collusion of the mass media, social media and the tech giants that dominate communications to hide information, peddle false information and influence the election. And they did get away with it. Seems a far bigger threat to democracy than some obscure lawyer.

•••

trump-legal-team-rudy-guiliani-1920x1280.jpg

•••
Nobody seems interested in the collusion of the mass media, social media and the tech giants that dominate communications to hide information, peddle false information and influence the election. And they did get away with it. Seems a far bigger threat to democracy than some obscure lawyer.

Bernie Sanders called Trump a "bad news guy" and agreed that social media shouldn't be used "for authoritarian purposes and insurrection," but there needs to be a balance.

"It is an issue that we have got to be thinking about," Sanders told Klein. "Because if anybody who thinks yesterday it was Donald Trump who was banned and tomorrow it could be somebody else who has a very different point of view."

The Vermont senator noted that the "devil is in the details" and he didn't like the idea of giving power away to a "handful of high tech people." So, the problem of balancing free speech and allowing harmful rhetoric to spread is one that he said people will have to "think long and hard" about how to tackle.

"That is how you preserve First Amendment rights without moving this country into a big lie mentality and conspiracy theories," Sanders said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...emoval-from-twitter-was-a-mistake/ar-BB1eSZ9i

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Research shows that the economy benefits, in a big way, from immigration. Immigrants are twice as likely to become entrepreneurs, that's called Capitalism. It's the way America will finally escape Sovereign Debt.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
...and the meme machine rolls on :xf.confused:

xtu75k1ufng21.jpg

•••
•••
The issues masked by xenophobia are structural and intimately intertwined with American nationalism, white supremacy, and racism. As COVID-19 continues to test our nation in new ways, everyone can learn from the history lesson on immigration provided in America for Americans.

41QYpUr81OL.jpg

Lee argues that war, demographic change, and economic uncertainty (among other things) provoke heightened xenophobic behavior. This powerful concept influences elections, legislative policies, and justifies violence and dispossession. Beginning with Native American settler colonialism and the institution of slavery, Lee shows how each xenophobic episode builds on the next becoming intertwined with American racism, white superiority, and nationalism.

https://notevenpast.org/america-for...hobia-in-the-united-states-by-erika-lee-2019/

•••
•••
race only matters to the racists. The rest of us are concerned with character

upload_2021-3-23_19-6-13.png

•••
race only matters to the racists. The rest of us are concerned with character

If there is anything we’ve since learned about the partisan mind, it’s that it’s capable of endless contortions and rationalizations in the pursuit of power. For the GOP partisan, character is no longer destiny. It’s an increasingly-irrelevant factor in the quest for power, even when the exercise of that power consistently and increasingly results in outcomes and policies that Republican stalwarts once opposed.

Incompetence and Covid aside...

https://time.com/5704178/trump-character-unfit-office/

•••
•••
•••
"It is an issue that we have got to be thinking about," Sanders told Klein. "Because if anybody who thinks yesterday it was Donald Trump who was banned and tomorrow it could be somebody else who has a very different point of view."

The thing missed by most who dismissively call people "Trumpers" is that many of those Trumpers would have voted for Bernie Sanders as a 2nd choice. I know he was my second choice, and I despise most of his old-school Communist ideas. But at least he was something of an outsider (maybe not anymore). Whatever, I would support anyone over the bought and paid for lackeys you have in the White House now.

A tech giant powerful enough to stop an elected president from speaking to the people is a frightening thing. If one isn't frightened by it, then they just haven't thought about it enough.

•••
Research shows that the economy benefits, in a big way, from immigration. Immigrants are twice as likely to become entrepreneurs, that's called Capitalism. It's the way America will finally escape Sovereign Debt.

That old straw man... nobody here is against immigration. They are against illegal and uncontrolled immigration, like ever other sensible country in the world. No country benefits from uncontrolled immigration.

So far as using immigration (or population growth) to pay off debts - that is a bad idea. There are limits to population growth. If your financial plan depends on endless population growth, the problem is with the financial plan itself. The grifters running Japan are trying to convince the public that a reduced population is a disaster that must be fought against - but the real disaster is that they spend too much money. More population just papers over the problem and passes it on (in even worse shape) to a future generation.

America will escape it debt by collapsing the US dollar. That's the way it's always done.

•••
•••
•••
The thing missed by most who dismissively call people "Trumpers" is that many of those Trumpers would have voted for Bernie Sanders as a 2nd choice. I know he was my second choice, and I despise most of his old-school Communist ideas.

Although his ideas were often "out of the box", Sanders was too far left for my liking.

•••
Yesterday the MSM and Social Media were going apeshit and constantly mentioning that a white guy had shot 10 innocent people, but today, after finding out he was a Muslim Syrian immigrant they are virtually silent about this fact. I wonder why?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back