IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.8%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe they are already doing this on part of the border - saw something about it the other day.

Lots of possible solutions and I’m not familiar with them all. However it keeps coming back to the magnitude of the problem...
  • Most drugs are coming in by container ship.
  • Most illegals are overstayers - border crossings,are down. Maybe work on solving THAT problem
  • They caught SiX people on the terrorist watchlist crossing the border. Six, not 4000. Terrorists are not storming the border en masse.
Size the solution to the,problem. Tens of billions on a wall is overkill.

When I used to be in the corporate world, we always had projects involving many different groups. Everyone came in with an agenda. Everyone. But in the interests of effing getting things done, we worked things out and came up with solutions we all could live with. Wish our elected officials would drop the partisan,bullsh*t and do the same.

Meanwhile let’s stop holding 800,000 people hostage. Whether anyone thinks their jobs are necessary or not, that’s a discussion for another day. Right now people are hurting, businesses are hurting, everything’s falling to sh*t.. Reopen the government, put them back to work, then sort out the rest.

Shipping Containers are not being inspected correctly, its simply a misrepresentation of the government to say they are. These drive through Inspections are b.s. I have watched and know many manufacturers of these systems for years and who baffle the govt. One reason I am so critical of civil servants as I know the entire procurement game, and the entire system is goofed up. I don’t want to say more. Zero confidence.

The overstays already solved that with ankle bracelets, lol. A “checking app” might suffice with gps coordinates. Big brother, but in Sweden they are implanting RFID chips.

The corporate world sucks, selling or convincing to a group is always no fun and too many competing interests and requirements.

800,000 people yea, I joke about how I don’t really care but I do get it and its too bad really, they are stuck in the middle. 20% are competent good people that might leave and get another private sector job, leaving the losers.

Elizabeth Warren (actually before her current agenda) evidently wrote a decent book 10 years ago about the pressure of 2 income working families, how it screws up kids, etc. Tucker quoted some of her thoughts from it tonight. Lets face it, the entire system needs repair. The disagreement is who and how to fix it- public vs private.

•••
what will happen if a large group of 50-200 arrive on purpose at the same time as is beginning to happen now

Actually it makes a much bigger blob of IR radiation, the signature would be large. There are new non lethal weapons, but a moat and a wall worked during the during the sieges. Until they built trebuchets. I don’t see people bringing or building those who want to enter. Or bringing ladders.

•••
The corporate world sucks, selling or convincing to a group is always no fun and too many competing interests and requirements.

About 85% of my time in that world was pretty good. Other than being on call a lot, but that was part of the job. People I dealt with were more or less cooperative. If you have competent, reasonable people at the top, it spreads to the rest of the corporate culture and vice versa. We had some good people in a couple of those companies. The last 15% was a place where I had to deal with some insanely poor management - like a disease. A few good people but also some real idiots there. Not fun.

So why aren't shipping containers being inspected properly? Manpower? Corruption? Incompetence? All of the above?

If shipping containers aren't being inspected well, there's another weak border link - possible to sneak in human cargo?

Last edited:
•••
Good show tonight. Prgmatic stuff.

@enlytend I know you dont like him, but at 21:00 starts the family segment and Elizabeth Warren. The rest is the wall argument, a former Border Patrol Director is interviewed.

•••
But first the Chinese bribe the African dictators into signing contracts that they won't be able to pay off the loans, resulting in the Chinese taking over important strategic government companies, like water, electricity, ports and airports.

This could very well backfire on the Chinese. Just look at the USA in Central America, etc. The local economy tanks, there is a revolution, and the new leader promises to kick out the Chinese and take back the vital industries for the people. This is a pretty well-worn game plan.

The Chinese then have the option of sucking up the loss or, like the US, they can buy off a local insurgent group to cause civil war, or even send in troops themselves. Either way, they become another colonist in constant low-grade war in distant countries, and I can't see that having prolonged support at home in China. When people have no money, they will ask why their government is invading African states. They have always been ambitious in their territorial claims, but I don't think they can claim the South China Sea stretches to Africa.

Last edited:
•••
About 85% of my time in that world was pretty good. Other than being on call a lot, but that was part of the job. People I dealt with were more or less cooperative. If you have competent, reasonable people at the top, it spreads to the rest of the corporate culture and vice versa. We had some good people in a couple of those companies. The last 15% was a place where I had to deal with some insanely poor management - like a disease. A few good people but also some real idiots there. Not fun.

So why aren't shipping containers being inspected properly? Manpower? Corruption? Incompetence? All of the above?

If shipping containers aren't being inspected well, there's another weak border link - possible to sneak in human cargo?

You are lucky. I have met very few corporate people I admire unless it was the founder. Small companies I enjoyed though.

Incompetence, technology isnt able to see such small things in a large size and volume rapidly, automated, high cost doing it correctly. Have you seen the speed which trucks are unloaded in the harbor? Amazing operation.

Think about how many times you went through Xray at the airport and they missed something. Now just imagine your suitcase was the size of a container and you forgot a pocket knife inside it. And the “inspector” had 5 minutes to find it.

Example here, no idea of this particular company but they cant even spell correctly on the website. Lol.
https://www.htds.fr/en/security/x-ray-scanner/cargo-x-ray-scanner/x-ray-inspection-gantry/

•••
This could very well backfire on the Chinese. Just look at the USA in Central America, etc. The local economy tanks, there is a revolution, and the new leader promises to kick out the Chinese and take back the vital industries for the people. This is a pretty well-worn game plan.

The Chinese then have the option of sucking up the loss or, like the US, they can buy off a local insurgent group to cause civil war, or even send in troops themselves. Either way, they become another colonist in constant low-grade war in distant countries, and I can't see that having prolonged support at home in China. When people have no money, they will ask why their government is invading African states. They have always been ambitious in their territorial claims, but I don't think they can claim the South China Sea stretches to Africa.

One difference, don't worry much about public opinion. They can be ruthless.

•••
You are lucky. I have met very few corporate people I admire unless it was the founder. Small companies I enjoyed though.
Yeah I was fortunate to work with some of the good ones. The gold standard for a tech manager / director is someone who understands the big picture in enough detail to make wise decisions and also has excellent people skills. Because we techies can be arrogant pains in the a** to manage :) lol. But I worked for a couple of those.

Then there was the management cesspool - where in turn I worked for
  • a very nice guy who didn’t really understand what we did and who couldn’t make a decision to save his life. He also used to hover and ask stupid questions when we were dealing with a crisis. Ugh. I used to give him something useless to do to get rid of him. Like make copies of something.
  • The guy who was usually drunk by noon. His proudest achievement was collecting vendor swag. Total a-hole.
  • The guy who was bright but obnoxious and a back stabber. Strongly suspected of walking off with thousands of dollars of company equipment in the confusion of a merger. This was an infosec manager.
So the guys who can’t spell make the equipment - sounds like the point of failure in inspection is time / training...and sheer volume of what they deal with...weak link for sure.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Looks like colonization alright. I wonder if the chinese know what their acronym BARF means in english. What a city. I noticed the roads, not sure if rail or truck. An Indian friend tells me that the chinese are building a road south based on concession down to the ocean, not sure if the same one on the map. Ties this together.
A lot of the infrastructure the Chinese have built in Africa (roads are a good example) is of very low quality. Made to last very little time just like all the plastic crap they sell all over the world.

•••
Yeah I was fortunate to work with some of the good ones. The gold standard for a tech manager / director is someone who understands the big picture in enough detail to make wise decisions and also has excellent people skills. Because we techies can be arrogant pains in the a** to manage :) lol. But I worked for a couple of those.

Then there was the management cesspool - where in turn I worked for
  • a very nice guy who didn’t really understand what we did and who couldn’t make a decision to save his life. He also used to hover and ask stupid questions when we were dealing with a crisis. Ugh. I used to give him something useless to do to get rid of him. Like make copies of something.
  • The guy who was usually drunk by noon. His proudest achievement was collecting vendor swag. Total a-hole.
  • The guy who was bright but obnoxious and a back stabber. Strongly suspected of walking off with thousands of dollars of company equipment in the confusion of a merger. This was an infosec manager.
So the guys who can’t spell make the equipment - sounds like the point of failure in inspection is time / training...and sheer volume of what they deal with...weak link for sure.

Sounds like your type of job really doesnt need supervision, or mgmt anyway. Set milestones, realistic and leave you alone. Which in such a case middle managers shouldn’t get in the way or exist. You are right, Technical project managers should know enough to be dangerous and deal well with people issues.

As an employee in a large public corp, I worked with continual bad decision makers, “its not our responsibility” types, 9-5 mentalities, unknowledgable technically (my weird niche wasnt taught in colleges), bean counter management and not people with any manufacturing experience or engineering, people who never got their hands dirty, lots of bs’ers, overly optimistics, ladder climbers, brown nosers where politics more important than results. Cost overruns were caused by bad designs in hw and sw. etc.

Best part were a few dedicated smart coworkers, a couple genius inventors, I had no schedule nor anyone to look over my shoulder, worked with customers and engineering people and fly all over the world to train them.

Sheer volume is a big issue.

I have been involved with large machines like that for other kinds of applications, so funny to think back today at the incompetence... a govt org or subcontractor will buy one then they do a ribbon cutting on a big machine like that, write press releases, color photos, bring in tribes of upper mgmt or like the base general for dog and pony shows. All were really clueless as to details.

I did lots of demos with curvilinear motion control robotics, data acq w color imaging, etc then and worked in acceptance testing where it took a month to “commission” it. It was fun. Most customers operators were scared of complexity, so lots of hand holding not to crash the machines and damage anything. Always a couple smart people though that learned and they taught others. This was early 80’s, so nobody I taught to operate really knew anything about computers and I had to also teach operational basics on cryptic command line crap on mini’s. Init tape, Attach disk, change disk, release disk, dir *.dat , copy *.*... haha. People now are spoiled, everybody including kids owns 4 “computers” most that fit in you palm.

“We do R and D in our facilty, not yours” was the sales pitch claim as our competitors would underbid, get a big contract, then deliver it half operational. They’d Spend time fixing things that should have happened before it shipped, tie up the customer for two years or in some cases walk away. Crazy unprofitable niche business.

•••
A lot of the infrastructure the Chinese have built in Africa (roads are a good example) is of very low quality. Made to last very little time just like all the plastic crap they sell all over the world.

Funny you mention that today. I was just discussing with a friend about whether these are mfg quality issues or UV damage caused these plastic issues. I have had open cell in jackets, boxes, etc foam lining disintegrate, “rubber” sperry topsider boat shoe soles - harden, plastic bags dry up and split apart in a drawer in a couple years, really crazy things that no products made in USA ever had before all this imported stuff. They dump stuff in this part of the world that would be otherwise rejected in the states.

•••
Interesting post... some of this technology will detect some people arriving at the border but, what will happen if a large group of 50-200 arrive on purpose at the same time as is beginning to happen now?
Thats what machine guns are for.
Good idea, machine gun everyone like the East German border guards used to do when escapees attempted to cross the Berlin Wall.
This thread is getting better all the time, the next step is advocating for genocide. It's so refreshing to see the compassion pouring out of you people.
I'm wondering, if this is how you treat protesters in your country when they stray off the agreed path ?

Heys Guys it's ok don't feel bad you are White and Christian you are the good guys. So you have a natural, God-given right to slaughter non-compliant human beings. Those invaders are very baaaaadddd and dangerous. Remember, they are inferior and don't deserve to live.
Reminds me of something.

•••
Sounds like your type of job really doesnt need supervision, or mgmt anyway. Set milestones, realistic and leave you alone. Which in such a case middle managers shouldn’t get in the way or exist
I was in IT. Started as a programmer, got pulled onto an r&d project, then went over to the hardware side as a sysadmin for a while (then eventually moved over to infosec). So basically monitoring, troubleshooting and upgrading / patching business critical enterprise hardware and O/S, at one point for over 850 servers (not all by myself, except for off hours when I was on call). And related projects, like disaster recovery planning and testing, hardware and software evaluation, incident response and various other things (I did a lot of scripting and coding too) ... Managers and directors kept track of everything, facilitated where necessary, interfaced with other groups and upper management, kept the entire group or dept running smoothly and on time.

The last thing you need when you’re troubleshooting a problem is a clueless manager standing there asking every 5 min if you know what’s wrong yet and how long will it take to resolve it. The only thing that would be worse is them taking an uneducated guess and giving bad information to everyone, so that after you fix the problem you have to clean up after them too.

Bringing this back on topic, managers who lack knowledge and experience about an area need to hire people who have a lot of both ..trust them to do their job, and listen to them.

This is where 99% of the time POTUS gets it wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Good idea, machine gun everyone like the East German border guards used to do when escapees attempted to cross the Berlin Wall.
This thread is getting better all the time, the next step is advocating for genocide. It's so refreshing to see the compassion pouring out of you people.
I'm wondering, if this is how you treat protesters in your country when they stray off the agreed path ?

Heys Guys it's ok don't feel bad you are White and Christian you are the good guys. So you have a natural, God-given right to slaughter non-compliant human beings. Those invaders are very baaaaadddd and dangerous. Remember, they are inferior and don't deserve to live.
Reminds me of something.
Pathetic post. Why don't you spend some money to get all your doors and windows removed and put up some signs in Arabic, saying:
"نرحب بك جميعًا للدخول والإقامة طالما تريد"
and in English as well:
"You are all welcome to come in and stay as long as you like"

Go spend the rest of your time saving the souls of your Muslim buddies, because they sure as hell are gonna need it when they leave this earth...

White Christians DON'T need your hateful, biased opinions!

•••
Pathetic post. Why don't you spend some money to get all your doors and windows removed and put up some signs in Arabic, saying:
"نرحب بك جميعًا للدخول والإقامة طالما تريد"
and in English as well:
"You are all welcome to come in and stay as long as you like"

Go spend the rest of your time saving the souls of your Muslim buddies, because they sure as hell are gonna need it when they leave this earth...

White Christians DON'T need your hateful, biased opinions!

You’re the one being hateful @GILSAN oops I forgot you blocked me. The truth hurts that’s why you’re being so defensive. What’s hateful is your reference to saving Muslims souls. Are you inferring that only your religion is right and everyone else is damned to hell? Who are you to judge what happens to someone’s soul when they leave this earth. You have a god complex and that’s what is pathetic.

•••
Young mother is barred from her local pub for wearing a T-shirt saying 'Woman: human female' after a complaint that it discriminated against transgender people
  • Rebekah Wershbale was barred from Five Clouds Tap and Bottle in Macclesfield
  • She wore a T-shirt with the definition of a woman - which was 'not inclusive'
  • Ms Wershbale is a supporter of feminist group Fair Play For Women, which opposed a Government’s consultation to reform the Gender Recognition Act
But a young mother has been barred from her local pub after a complaint that the words discriminated against transgender people.

The unlikely new front line of the ongoing war between feminists and transgender campaigners is the snug Five Clouds Tap and Bottle in the historic market town of Macclesfield.

Rebekah Wershbale said she was ‘stunned’ when a barwoman at the pub informed her she was banned because of the definition.

Ms Wershbale said: ‘She told me that the T-shirt I was wearing was upsetting people because it was transphobic and not inclusive so I was barred. What she meant was that I was somehow offending men who say they are women because my T-shirt did not include them in the definition of a woman. There aren’t even any transgender staff or patrons at the pub. It’s crackers.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...earing-T-shirt-saying-Woman-human-female.html
8170404-6561259-image-m-69_1546734455873.jpg

One of the comments pretty much sums it up...
"Unfortunately for feminists they opened the floodgates and have now fallen down the ladder. They rank below gays and transgender in whats socially acceptable to be proud of. Being proud about being a woman is now offensive. Men have had it for years, welcome in ladies."

•••
Raheem Kassam @RaheemKassam
In the past few hours the #YellowVestsUK have:
- Had their social media accounts banned
- Had their PayPal account removed
- Had 'journalists' show up at their elderly parents houses
- Had lies spread about them on national TV and in the media.
Tell me there's no establishment.

•••
Looks like all major networks will be carrying it.

Will be bring visual aids.
Will he bring victims.
Will he bring border guards.
Will he threaten to use National Emergency.

Pence now making misleading claims.

Then I just heard it will be.............8 minutes long. That seems short for the topic. I guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
•••
Young mother is barred from her local pub for wearing a T-shirt saying 'Woman: human female' after a complaint that it discriminated against transgender people
  • Rebekah Wershbale was barred from Five Clouds Tap and Bottle in Macclesfield
  • She wore a T-shirt with the definition of a woman - which was 'not inclusive'
  • Ms Wershbale is a supporter of feminist group Fair Play For Women, which opposed a Government’s consultation to reform the Gender Recognition Act
But a young mother has been barred from her local pub after a complaint that the words discriminated against transgender people.

The unlikely new front line of the ongoing war between feminists and transgender campaigners is the snug Five Clouds Tap and Bottle in the historic market town of Macclesfield.

Rebekah Wershbale said she was ‘stunned’ when a barwoman at the pub informed her she was banned because of the definition.

Ms Wershbale said: ‘She told me that the T-shirt I was wearing was upsetting people because it was transphobic and not inclusive so I was barred. What she meant was that I was somehow offending men who say they are women because my T-shirt did not include them in the definition of a woman. There aren’t even any transgender staff or patrons at the pub. It’s crackers.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...earing-T-shirt-saying-Woman-human-female.html
8170404-6561259-image-m-69_1546734455873.jpg

One of the comments pretty much sums it up...
"Unfortunately for feminists they opened the floodgates and have now fallen down the ladder. They rank below gays and transgender in whats socially acceptable to be proud of. Being proud about being a woman is now offensive. Men have had it for years, welcome in ladies."

No one , no matter how they identify should rank lower or higher than any other. If that is what it takes to be socially acceptable than i am damn proud to be socially unacceptable.

•••
Looks like all major networks will be carrying it.

Will be bring visual aids.
Will he bring victims.
Will he bring border guards.
Will he threaten to use National Emergency.

Pence now making misleading claims.

Then I just heard it will be.............8 minutes long. That seems short for the topic. I guess we'll find out.

I highly doubt he would go the national emergency route, he really shouldn’t have even said he would go that route. That is non rationalized thinking.

•••
No one , no matter how they identify should rank lower or higher than any other. If that is what it takes to be socially acceptable than i am damn proud to be socially unacceptable.

Agreed, I was taught from a child , no one is ever better than anyone else, no matter the circumstances, finances, color and ect, my mom was big time serious about me and my sister not ever thinking we were above anyone.

•••
Raheem Kassam @RaheemKassam
In the past few hours the #YellowVestsUK have:
- Had their social media accounts banned
- Had their PayPal account removed
- Had 'journalists' show up at their elderly parents houses
- Had lies spread about them on national TV and in the media.
Tell me there's no establishment.

WOW! That is heavy shit, and no doubt they are on the “no fly list”

•••
WOW! That is heavy sh*t, and no doubt they are on the “no fly list”

It's kind of bs. They have more official accounts all are working. They'll find some random person wearing a yellow vest, that might have had their account banned for good reason, then act like they're all being targeted. Usual routine.
-------------
More collusion
Paul Manafort shared 2016 polling data with Russian associate, according to court filing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.ab33026b8ed6
-------------
I highly doubt he would go the national emergency route, he really shouldn’t have even said he would go that route. That is non rationalized thinking.

They're saying he probably won't, but he's not exactly rational. So you never know with him.

I'm seeing a lot of media going all over the incessant lying they're doing about the wall/border.

--------------
Turkey's Erdogan shuts down White House's Bolton on Syria, says he made a 'serious mistake'
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/turkeys-erdogan-shuts-down-white-houses-bolton-on-syria.html

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's kind of bs. They have more official accounts all are working. They'll find some random person wearing a yellow vest, that might have had their account banned for good reason, then act like they're all being targeted. Usual routine.
-------------
More collusion
Paul Manafort shared 2016 polling data with Russian associate, according to court filing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.ab33026b8ed6
-------------

They're saying he probably won't, but he's not exactly rational. So you never know with him.

The thing that is most shocking to me about many of the people and investigations that are taking place, what the fuck kinda person gives any of this kind of data to any country, much less Russia,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back