IT.COM

The support @ Dynadot probably use Chatgpt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
I asked Dynadot support about one issue I have with them. The issue was that even though I changed the name server of my domain to Afternic's, the domain is still using the previous name server(Sedo). I have no idea why. I changed it 4days ago.
They replied this thrice without changing a word. And I am feeling I am talking to a bot rather than a human being 😠
Here is the response:

Hello,

Our records show that you have been able to change nameservers successfully to Afternic nameservers.

Please contact us if any other issues arise.

Best Regards,
Jin Baek
Dynadot Support Team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Putting it down to ChatGPT is a bit groundless

Last edited:
•••
What's the domain, have you checked in whois?
It can be many things, for example it could be that their systems are out of sync with the registry or conversely, your browser/computer/ISP can keep the old site in the cache.

•••
A lot of support staff use email templates for frequently used messages. It wouldn’t make sense for them to hand-type it each time they send the same response. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the message wasn’t sent by a real person, and probably has nothing to do with “chatGPT”.

•••
A lot of support staff use email templates for frequently used messages. It wouldn’t make sense for them to hand-type it each time they send the same response. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the message wasn’t sent by a real person, and probably has nothing to do with “chatGPT”.
Yea I can see that but replying with the same paragraph 3 times when asked is a bit odd. Isn't it?

•••
What's the domain, have you checked in whois?
It can be many things, for example it could be that their systems are out of sync with the registry or conversely, your browser/computer/ISP can keep the old site in the cache.

cryhigh.com​

It usually updates in minutes when changed.
It has been 4 days and you can see the new nameserver(Afternic) on who.is
But the page actually loads with Sedo. This kind of thing never happened to me before though I change nameservers from time to time.

•••
The domain resolves to an Afternic/GoDaddy for-sale landing page. Try clearing the cache/cookies in your browser and try it again.

•••
Even ChatGPT don't repeat itself.

You are a victim of poor customer support service.

•••
cryhigh.com

It usually updates in minutes when changed.
It has been 4 days and you can see the new nameserver(Afternic) on who.is
But the page actually loads with Sedo. This kind of thing never happened to me before though I change nameservers from time to time.

Well, as @DigiNames said, the domain points to afternic nameservers and the last update date is Feb 18th, so clearly there is no problem on Dynadot's end. They could have worded it better (or: at all), but they were not wrong.

•••
Yes I checked it with incognito and it is showing correctly.
Anyways it seemed for me as if I am talking to a machine.

But I still didn't get why other domains I changed are showing correctly but this particular domain needs cache clearing??

•••
Yes I checked it with incognito and it is showing correctly.
Anyways it seemed for me as if I am talking to a machine.

But I still didn't get why other domains I changed are showing correctly but this particular domain needs cache clearing??

The most likely reason is that you visited it shortly before or after changing the nameservers.

•••
They replied this thrice without changing a word. And I am feeling I am talking to a bot rather than a human being 😠
Hello, I can confirm our support is not run by any sort of automated service and are real people! However I'm only showing that our team had only sent that response back to your inquiry once! If you are seeing multiple messages from us, please send me a DM so I can investigate further.

I'm also seeing the domain has propagated and is pointing towards the Afternic Nameservers! If it was an issue with Cache clearing, that is usually the case if you had visited the domain before on that particular browser so your browser remembers the old data as opposed to the newly set data. It won't be the same for every domain as it depends when you personally visited them in the past. I hope that helps!

•••
I don't think investigation is necessary as long as the issue is resolved.
Thank y'all guys.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back