Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL... don't you Liberals just love the Religion of Peace? - Incredible moment burka-clad woman is turned away from Saudi shopping mall for being 'indecent'... because her hands are exposed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...all-indecent-hands-exposed.html#ixzz3bO4pyxHn

Why do you constantly imply there is some sort of affinity between "liberals" and Muslims? Most Americans, liberal or conservative , don't know jack about Muslims beyond what's in the news. In your previous post, you cite how Rubio is afraid of religious speech becoming hate speech, yet you are trying to do just that with religion.

•••
Why do you constantly imply there is some sort of affinity between "liberals" and Muslims? Most Americans, liberal or conservative , don't know jack about Muslims beyond what's in the news. In your previous post, you cite how Rubio is afraid of religious speech becoming hate speech, yet you are trying to do just that with religion.
Rubio was talking about Christian Religion and Catholics in particular in that article. Since it appears you didn't read the whole article, he also said:

“If you think about it,” Rubio said, “we are at the water’s edge of the argument that mainstream Christian teaching is hate speech. Because today we’ve reached the point in our society where if you do not support same-sex marriage, you are labeled a homophobe and a hater.”

Rubio pointed out that the logical end game for liberals who have already begun to persecute and prosecute individual Christians is ultimately to outlaw the faith itself.

“After they are done going after individuals, the next step is to argue that the teachings of mainstream Christianity, the catechism of the Catholic Church is hate speech, and there’s a real and present danger,” he said

There are many examples of intolerance towards Christians, which doesn't apply to other sections of the population. Example: The wearing or ‘showing of’ a crucifix, or rosary or any other Catholic jewelry is forbidden in many workplaces, yet nose rings, tongue piercings and tattoos were OK. If a Christian Baker refuses to bake a cake to homosexuals with the slogan "support gay marriage" he gets hammered by the courts and by the whole homosexual community as well as the Liberal community. The Gays seem to do this on purpose because they hate Christians.

Why don't they try this out with a Muslim Bakery? Because they're too shit scared of them most likely.

Last edited:
•••
Another example of an idiot Liberal reporter from CNN, Chris Cuomo, interviewing Pamela Geller. He keeps saying she has the right to free speech and then turns around and attacks her for doing so. What a pathetic man... who just happens to be a Liberal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=ccZjIraji1M

•••
Rubio was talking about Christian Religion and Catholics in particular in that article. Since it appears you didn't read the whole article, he also said:

“If you think about it,” Rubio said, “we are at the water’s edge of the argument that mainstream Christian teaching is hate speech. Because today we’ve reached the point in our society where if you do not support same-sex marriage, you are labeled a homophobe and a hater.”

Rubio pointed out that the logical end game for liberals who have already begun to persecute and prosecute individual Christians is ultimately to outlaw the faith itself.

“After they are done going after individuals, the next step is to argue that the teachings of mainstream Christianity, the catechism of the Catholic Church is hate speech, and there’s a real and present danger,” he said

There are many examples of intolerance towards Christians, which doesn't apply to other sections of the population. Example: The wearing or ‘showing of’ a crucifix, or rosary or any other Catholic jewelry is forbidden in many workplaces, yet nose rings, tongue piercings and tattoos were OK. If a Christian Baker refuses to bake a cake to homosexuals with the slogan "support gay marriage" he gets hammered by the courts and by the whole homosexual community as well as the Liberal community. The Gays seem to do this on purpose because they hate Christians.

Why don't they try this out with a Muslim Bakery? Because they're too shit scared of them most likely.

I always read the articles. Rubio is just bending the situation to suit his need to inspire fear because fear attracts attention and works on voters. Claim that something is horrific that "might" happen in the near future or claim something has a good chance of happening or claim "the next step" will be something bad, no matter how asinine (like "the logical end game for liberals . . . is ultimately to outlaw the faith itself", and you get listeners that think they heard something that is already true, and they freak out and spread it like "Mark Rubio said liberals are trying to outlaw Christianity." It's just divisive nonsense. It's classic propaganda that can be used on almost every conflicting issue with a "might" or "maybe" opinion. Say it enough and people think it's true. We've been through this before. Not long ago, if an American said something bad about a president or the country, they were called unpatriotic and communist. The fear was there. People were afraid to criticize the leaders because they would end up on a list. Now, people feel free to call the president a pussy and not have a care in the world. Which way do you prefer?

About the bakery, how many gay bakers refuse to bake a cake for straight couples? What if a Catholic baker refused Baptists? What if a Muslim Baker refused African-Americans? And on it goes.

•••
Not long ago, if an American said something bad about a president or the country, they were called unpatriotic and communist. The fear was there. People were afraid to criticize the leaders because they would end up on a list. Now, people feel free to call the president a pussy and not have a care in the world. Which way do you prefer?
I and the majority of the population, call our Portuguese President, the Prime Minister and the majority of our political assholes a lot worse names than what I call Obama. One good thing we still have here is a VERY neutral Media, not like in the US where 90% is Liberal and do everything in their powers (which are tremendous) to influence the people to vote on who they like, The last 2 times the Media chose Obama, so Obama won. Now they will put their full weight behind Hilary... unless something very negative happens in her campaign.

About the bakery, how many gay bakers refuse to bake a cake for straight couples? What if a Catholic baker refused Baptists? What if a Muslim Baker refused African-Americans? And on it goes.
Well, here's an example of a Muslim Baker in Michigan refusing to make a cake for a gay couple.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...im-bakeries-florists-in-gay-rights-/?page=all

Did it make the headlines in the MSM? Of course NOT. But if the Baker was Christian, the MSM would jump on it and be talking about it forever. It's a double standard.

How about this guy who gets refused dozens of times by many Gay bakeries to make a Cake that would have "I don't believe in Gay Marriage" written on it?. The MSM didn't see this either. Hypocrites.

If I went to a Gay T-shirt shop and asked to print "I'm against Gay Marriage" on the T-shirt, would they refuse me service? Probably yes. Where they right to refuse me that service? Of Course YES. Why should they print a t-shirt that goes against their principles?

What would I do in this circumstance? Just leave the shop and find another shop that will do it for me. I would feel ashamed of myself for taking them to court and destroying their business for denying me a provocative service.

Unfortunately and especially in the US, Homosexuals are very vindictive people, especially against a soft target like Christians and on top of it they have the backing of Liberals and the MSM. They wouldn't dare do the same with Muslims. They might just get their throats slit in the wink of an eye.

Lots of images of ISIS throwing homosexuals from the top of buildings to their death, for being homos, yet there is NOT a whisper from the Gay Community about this, yet they get really violent and mean if someone refuses to bake them a cake? They are nothing more than very mean and vindictive hypocrites.

Here's an interesting video where the answer given was totally free of BS Political Correctness

Last edited:
•••
NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN A WORLD OF UNCIRCUMCISED PENISES
This useless POS idiot who wrote this article is simply propagating his ridiculous propaganda, trying to convince people that circumcision is a must for their male children. This POS gives us lots of examples of a snipped off dick. He even knows that he can give more strokes during a sexual act than someone who's never been circumcised, like me.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/05/28/no-one-wants-to-live-in-a-world-of-uncircumcised-penises/

What's even more disturbing is this case of a Florida woman who refused to have her son circumcised, but was arrested and taken to court and forced under shackles to sign a document to have her son perform a circumcision against her will.

Wow, I knew Americans had been brainwashed a few generations back into performing circumcision on their kids by greedy doctors who found another reason to make a totally unnecessary operation to make some good bucks... but to force someone to do it, is beyond my comprehension.

What shocks me is that a Judge arrests and then forces a mother to to perform this ridiculous operation. That pathetic judge should also have her genitals mutilated at the same time the kid is gonna be forced to be circumcised.

If I lived in the US and they did that to me or my kids I'd leave the country and never return.

I'll bet that if Michelangelo's David statue was permanently in the US, his dick would have lost it's foreskin by now

•••
Interesting how the GOP is upset with the Pope for speaking out on climate change. Jeb Bush is on record of saying the Pope shouldn't bring politics into his communications with the masses, which of course is about as hypocritical as can be, considering all of the pandering to religious groups it takes to make a candidate's political views compatible with Christian moralities and religious beliefs.

To be fair, the Democrats would probably be just as critical had the Pope announced there was no climate change, or even that people weren't contributing to climate change, but he didn't. Good for the Pope.

•••
NO ONE WANTS TO LIVE IN A WORLD OF UNCIRCUMCISED PENISES
This useless POS idiot who wrote this article is simply propagating his ridiculous propaganda, trying to convince people that circumcision is a must for their male children. This POS gives us lots of examples of a snipped off dick. He even knows that he can give more strokes during a sexual act than someone who's never been circumcised, like me.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/05/28/no-one-wants-to-live-in-a-world-of-uncircumcised-penises/

What's even more disturbing is this case of a Florida woman who refused to have her son circumcised, but was arrested and taken to court and forced under shackles to sign a document to have her son perform a circumcision against her will.

Wow, I knew Americans had been brainwashed a few generations back into performing circumcision on their kids by greedy doctors who found another reason to make a totally unnecessary operation to make some good bucks... but to force someone to do it, is beyond my comprehension.

What shocks me is that a Judge arrests and then forces a mother to to perform this ridiculous operation. That pathetic judge should also have her genitals mutilated at the same time the kid is gonna be forced to be circumcised.

If I lived in the US and they did that to me or my kids I'd leave the country and never return.

I'll bet that if Michelangelo's David statue was permanently in the US, his dick would have lost it's foreskin by now

You are forgetting that God played a role in this when he told Abraham to circumcise himself, his family (his child by the eighth day) to create an everlasting covenant. So maybe God is to blame.

•••
Interesting how the GOP is upset with the Pope for speaking out on climate change. Jeb Bush is on record of saying the Pope shouldn't bring politics into his communications with the masses, which of course is about as hypocritical as can be, considering all of the pandering to religious groups it takes to make a candidate's political views compatible with Christian moralities and religious beliefs.

To be fair, the Democrats would probably be just as critical had the Pope announced there was no climate change, or even that people weren't contributing to climate change, but he didn't. Good for the Pope.
This Pope is on a much higher level than the majority of politicians. He is way way more popular and trusted than any politician around the world. Pope Francis doesn't need to worry about what politicians or journalists say or think about him.

In fact he has a lot more influence around the world than even the US President.

•••
You are forgetting that God played a role in this when he told Abraham to circumcise himself, his family (his child by the eighth day) to create an everlasting covenant. So maybe God is to blame.
God is not to blame. Greedy doctors, many of them Jewish who brought their cultural and religious tradition, in the US were the ones to blame.

•••
God is not to blame. Greedy doctors, many of them Jewish who brought their cultural and religious tradition, in the US were the ones to blame.

Greedy doctors, eh? You make it sound like they all hopped onto the Mayflower and had a convention about performing circumcisions the night before landing in the new world or something.

Jewish circumcision is at least partially based on what God told Abraham to do in the book of Genesis; are you saying God was wrong or that what he said should be ignored?

•••
This Pope is on a much higher level than the majority of politicians. He is way way more popular and trusted than any politician around the world.

Which is why Republicans are freaking out, I imagine. They are saying there's no climate change, yet the Pope is saying there is, and that people are adding to it.

•••
Greedy doctors, eh? You make it sound like they all hopped onto the Mayflower and had a convention about performing circumcisions the night before landing in the new world or something.

Jewish circumcision is at least partially based on what God told Abraham to do in the book of Genesis; are you saying God was wrong or that what he said should be ignored?

I'm not Jewish, I'm Catholic. We don't do or like circumcisions. We think it's totally unnecessary and barbaric, just as we think that Female Genital Mutilation is totally unnecessary and barbaric.

Jews, Muslims and Americans are the main defenders of this useless operation.

What I can't understand is that so many Americans will find FGM revolting and barbaric and yet they will defend male genital mutilation. Seems like for Americans circumcision is really a cure in search of a disease.

The USA is the only country in the world that circumcises so many babies for non-religious reasons.
confused1.jpeg

Thankfully this barbaric practice has been steadily on the decline in the US, and the rates are now at around 40% of baby boys, way down from their peak of about 85-90% in the 1960's.

That is good news... It means lots of Americans are waking up to this ridiculous procedure, even though some judges still imprison mothers that oppose it, as seen from the video I posted a few posts back.

•••
Which is why Republicans are freaking out, I imagine. They are saying there's no climate change, yet the Pope is saying there is, and that people are adding to it.
You say it's Republicans freaking out, but why don't Democrats do anything about it? In fact in the last few years the US Oil production has gone up a lot. Great for gas prices going down, but all that fracking is gonna take a toll on US soils and water supplies.... all under the Obama Administration. Hey, all politicians are basically the same. All they want is your vote so that they can help themselves once in power.

•••
You say it's Republicans freaking out, but why don't Democrats do anything about it?[/QUOTE

You can't be serious. You ridicule Democrats/liberals for their belief in climate change and attempts to cut back on CO2 by several ways. Republicans place roadblock after roadblock to stop any action dealing with climate change. Against science, they sign papers swearing there is no such thing as climate change, and now you have the gall to question why liberals aren't stopping things? The question is why aren't Republicans doing anything about it?

In fact in the last few years the US Oil production has gone up a lot. Great for gas prices going down, but all that fracking is gonna take a toll on US soils and water supplies.... all under the Obama Administration. Hey, all politicians are basically the same. All they want is your vote so that they can help themselves once in power.

And now, after years of denying fracking is harmful in all kinds of ways, something the Democrats have been screaming about for years, you are going again try to blame the Democrats of causing the problems and saying it's Obama's administration that's the cause, again conveniently forgetting that it's a Republican legislature that has sworn to block anything Obama wants. That tactic of not admitting being wrong, and instead, going on the offensive, blaming the Democrats for actions by the Republicans that you know were and are wrong is just so deceitfully Republican that it makes me sick.

You say you are a Catholic. Do you now believe climate change is a threat because the Pope says so? If so, what are you doing about it? If not, are you defying your Pope?

All politicians are not the same. But when one comes along and wants to shake the tree a little, politicians who do fear change, and who do not want to make their service something that helps the people in a new way resort to saying no to everything. Thus the conservatives now begin their whine-fest and blame game to cover their asses. They are a joke. In the last seven years, what have Republicans done to help citizens?

•••
I'm not Jewish, I'm Catholic. We don't do or like circumcisions. We think it's totally unnecessary and barbaric, just as we think that Female Genital Mutilation is totally unnecessary and barbaric.

Jews, Muslims and Americans are the main defenders of this useless operation.

What I can't understand is that so many Americans will find FGM revolting and barbaric and yet they will defend male genital mutilation. Seems like for Americans circumcision is really a cure in search of a disease.

The USA is the only country in the world that circumcises so many babies for non-religious reasons.

Thankfully this barbaric practice has been steadily on the decline in the US, and the rates are now at around 40% of baby boys, way down from their peak of about 85-90% in the 1960's.

That is good news... It means lots of Americans are waking up to this ridiculous procedure, even though some judges still imprison mothers that oppose it, as seen from the video I posted a few posts back.

There is no overwhelming reason for males to be circumcised. There is also no association between male circumcisions and female circumcision or FGM. To compare male circumcision to FGM is ridiculous. FGM is way worse, and it' s not an acceptable action in the States, no matter the religion.

The court case about circumcision is too bizarre to consider a natural state of affairs in the States., but your understanding of it is flawed. The mother and father had agreed that their son would be circumcised. Then they split up and the mother changed her mind. A court case ensued, which the father won. The mother failed to appear in court as required by law, so a bench warrant was issued. Even so, I don't see anything about the mother being put in jail. Instead, she has disappeared and is being helped by anti-circumcision supporters who have threatened the medical personnel and caused them to back out of the procedure.

And, if you truly believe what was said in that 100% biased video, don't forget it also said the God in the Bible who issued the order for circumcision is called "The Beast" and all kinds of nonsensical extreme religious garbage. Why post a video that has zero credibility, and stake your argument on such an extremist viewpoint?

•••
It's interesting to see how some people and some news media are interpreting the killing of nine African-Americans in the Charleston church as an assault on Christians.

•••
There is no overwhelming reason for males to be circumcised.

So then why so many circumcisions if there are is no overwhelming reason for males to be circumcised? I continue to maintain that a good part of it was the greedy doctors who managed to brainwash most of the US population into believing it was necessary. Now they don't need to convince people who are already convinced

Removing Tonsils was also a very common operation before. Now they've come to the conclusion that in most cases it was an unnecessary operation. There are many other examples of unnecessary operations.

There is also no association between male circumcisions and female circumcision or FGM. To compare male circumcision to FGM is ridiculous. FGM is way worse, and it' s not an acceptable action in the States, no matter the religion.
Since the majority of the population in the US including yourself have been brainwashed into believing that, then there's no point in arguing any more.

To me, FGM and Male Genital Mutilation are the two faces of the same coin, It's painful, totally unnecessary and equally barbaric in both cases.

And, if you truly believe what was said in that 100% biased video, don't forget it also said the God in the Bible who issued the order for circumcision is called "The Beast" and all kinds of nonsensical extreme religious garbage. Why post a video that has zero credibility, and stake your argument on such an extremist viewpoint?
The video shows images that don't look edited inside a courtroom. The woman is in shackles, being forced against her will to circumcise her baby boy. Who the hell are you to decide what videos have credibility or not.

An image is worth a thousand words and the images in this case don't lie.

As for bringing the Bible into this discussion, that a Jewish problem. Not our fault that some Jewish guy decided to interpret some part of the Bible and then decided to cut a baby's foreskin, which then became popular among them, as well as Muslims.

Last edited:
•••
With so much happening, so fast, on so many emerging market fronts I've been avoiding the 'barking dog' issues in the Political and Religious threads.

But a recent survey on Did dinosaurs and man share the earth at the same time? - exposed such a huge absence of critical thinking... it actually explained a lot.

Not surprisingly, most non-religious people said they do not believe man and dinosaurs were on earth at the same time. Though I was surprised it was just 56%.

Also, not surprising, most people who identified themselves as 'Born Again' Christians said they believe Man and dinosaurs Did share the earth at the same time. What blew me away was 69% then said they agreed "Dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years ago."

Source

•••
•••
Some Americans don't Know why they Celebrate 4th of July!

•••
I've always thought Independence Day is a wasted/wasteful holiday. Even to those who know its meaning, it's just "fireworks day" to them. The true meaning is usually otherwise lost or ignored.Yes, Americans suck. And I am one.

Some Americans don't Know why they Celebrate 4th of July!

•••
•••
I've always thought Independence Day is a wasted/wasteful holiday. Even to those who know its meaning, it's just "fireworks day" to them. The true meaning is usually otherwise lost or ignored.Yes, Americans suck. And I am one.
Without looking it up, do you know the reason Labor Day is a holiday?

Oops . . . not a religious topic, so never mind.

Last edited:
•••
Actually, I do.

Without looking it up, do you know the reason Labor Day is a holiday?

Oops . . . not a religious topic, so never mind.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back