Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Spirit in the Sky.
That is all one needs to know.

•••
•••
I have an idea. Why don't we ban all religions?
They are a weapon of mass destruction, the greatest people divider in human history and THE blinder of the inner eye.

•••
I have an idea. Why don't we ban all religions?
They are a weapon of mass destruction, the greatest people divider in human history and THE blinder of the inner eye.
And replace with what? The religion of science?

•••
And replace with what? The religion of science?

Yes, replace fiction with reality, truth. Sounds like the smart thing to do.

•••
If you want to know what the terrorists goals are, and Anglican priest is an odd person to quote. I'm sure Rod Bower is a swell priest, but how does he happen to know what the terrorists' goals are? Why not quote a terrorist, at least?

•••
I'm not speaking in favor of hate - I'm very much against it, as any reasonably well adjusted person is. It's not hate to categorize where the threat is coming from.
Marginalizing and silencing anyone who points out what everybody is thinking is what will certainly create extremism. Some people are quick to label anything that upsets the official party line as "hate speech." It's not.

Again, nobody can speak for the terrorists "broader goals." Not even single terrorists. They don'll all have the same motivations - they are not a unit. Radical Islam provides a convenient cover for many of them, but their original motivations are often something more pedestrian - disaffection with society, mother-complexes, personal problems that they need to find a blame for.

If you are worried about terrorists impacting your lives. Well, if you live in the USA, you're already there. Look at all the invasive new laws and tactics the government is using. Talk of "hate" is just sanctimonious pablum. Get back to me when the mobs are out burning down mosques and the worshippers in them. That's hate.

•••
10857792_10153575979914852_6699588488616275744_n.jpg

•••
•••
Watching football was more important.

•••
•••
Not long ago, if an American said something bad about a president or the country, they were called unpatriotic and communist. The fear was there. People were afraid to criticize the leaders because they would end up on a list. Now, people feel free to call the president a pussy and not have a care in the world. Which way do you prefer?
I and the majority of the population, call our Portuguese President, the Prime Minister and the majority of our political assholes a lot worse names than what I call Obama. One good thing we still have here is a VERY neutral Media, not like in the US where 90% is Liberal and do everything in their powers (which are tremendous) to influence the people to vote on who they like, The last 2 times the Media chose Obama, so Obama won. Now they will put their full weight behind Hilary... unless something very negative happens in her campaign.

About the bakery, how many gay bakers refuse to bake a cake for straight couples? What if a Catholic baker refused Baptists? What if a Muslim Baker refused African-Americans? And on it goes.
Well, here's an example of a Muslim Baker in Michigan refusing to make a cake for a gay couple.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...im-bakeries-florists-in-gay-rights-/?page=all

Did it make the headlines in the MSM? Of course NOT. But if the Baker was Christian, the MSM would jump on it and be talking about it forever. It's a double standard.

How about this guy who gets refused dozens of times by many Gay bakeries to make a Cake that would have "I don't believe in Gay Marriage" written on it?. The MSM didn't see this either. Hypocrites.

If I went to a Gay T-shirt shop and asked to print "I'm against Gay Marriage" on the T-shirt, would they refuse me service? Probably yes. Where they right to refuse me that service? Of Course YES. Why should they print a t-shirt that goes against their principles?

What would I do in this circumstance? Just leave the shop and find another shop that will do it for me. I would feel ashamed of myself for taking them to court and destroying their business for denying me a provocative service.

Unfortunately and especially in the US, Homosexuals are very vindictive people, especially against a soft target like Christians and on top of it they have the backing of Liberals and the MSM. They wouldn't dare do the same with Muslims. They might just get their throats slit in the wink of an eye.

Lots of images of ISIS throwing homosexuals from the top of buildings to their death, for being homos, yet there is NOT a whisper from the Gay Community about this, yet they get really violent and mean if someone refuses to bake them a cake? They are nothing more than very mean and vindictive hypocrites.

Here's an interesting video where the answer given was totally free of BS Political Correctness

Last edited:
•••
•••

I'm a straight male, and I am disappointed that right wing conservative Christians would stoop so low as to deny a Christian teenager birth control at a local pharmacy because of their religious beliefs. The lack of freedom goes both ways: To deny a teenager birth control dramatically increases the chance of unwanted pregnancy and the likelihood of an abortion (legal or not). Irony and hypocrisy at its worst.

•••
•••
Just a nudge as a reminder to members who apparently can't be bothered to follow the guidelines that others are constrained to follow, that THIS is the thread where you are supposed to place your various religious diatribes and discussions.

I know, asking members to act like adults is asking a whole lot, but since the moderators apparently can't be bothered to, actually, moderate, it is up to you. Are you people adults or not?

•••
How come you never see Satan and Santa in the same room ? Think about it... :cautious:
No need to think about it, because... it's such a dumb question!

•••
Revelation NOW: Episode 1 "Revelation's Coming Rapture" with Doug Batchelor

•••
I've always wondered from a biblical point of view God is supposedly omniscient and omnipresent, so how can anything else exist? The devil included.

From a physics point of view, no two pieces of matter can occupy the same space at the same time. So how can both exist simultaneously?

...because they are in 'Spirit' form, not matter.

I would suggest the school remove the portrait of Jesus (who knows what he looked like in reality) and replace it with a cross.

•••
California Pastor Temporarily Turns His Chapel Into a Strip Club to Be Deemed 'Essential'

Good sermon on freedom, the USA's Christian founding in context of current Gov tyranny

Last edited:
•••
If the Last Supper happened in 2020...
8412d5cc5e4b1976c5dd6928fd179e23.jpg

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion in the times when Christian religion is not so popular as before in a Christian countries and sometimes it becomes almost intolerant to be a Christian, it's a good move by Ohio School Board.

My other halfs parents are staunch Christians and would agree with this. I can't say I personally have an opinion on the matter though :gl:

•••
Okay, but where was all these offended people during 65 years? :) It seems everything was okay until now.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

My other halfs parents are staunch Christians and would agree with this. I can't say I personally have an opinion on the matter though :gl:

You need to spend more time with your other halfs parents :)

•••
They should just take the stupid thing down but nah, they have to be all self-righteous ie retarded. I'm sick of it. It's not the pic I don't like (I'm Christian). But the displaying of it is horrible. Seriously, if it was a painting of Lucifer, it'd have been removed long ago. But because it's the "most popular" figure, it's embraced. TAKE THE F***ING THING DOWN! It'll stop all drama & we can move on. I'd just about walk over to the school & destroy it. I could--it's not far away.

The point is: Not EVERYONE is Christian. And some actually are offended by this. One woman actually had staff tell her, "If you don't like this, home-school your kids!" And THAT is supposed to be a solution to offending people? Stupid-ass school board.

"I'm Christian", "They should just take the stupid thing down", "retarded", "TAKE THE F***ING THING DOWN", "I'd just about walk over to the school & destroy it", "Stupid-ass school board"

Wow, you really sound like a nasty hypocrite. You say you're a Christian but you say all those nasty things. You should change your avatar's name from Archangel to Lucifer. It's more suitable to what you think.

I'll bet that if it was a picture of a Gangsta Rapper you'd have no problem at all... right?

The article said:

"The challenge to the Jesus portrait began with a Jan. 2 letter to Howard from the Freedom From Religion Foundation,"

"The board said the portrait is part of a "limited public forum," and that the Jackson schools will allow other student clubs to hang portraits appropriate to their organizations."

Good for you at the Ohio School Board. You voted 4-0 with the applause of dozens. It's called democracy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back