Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
This thread was created to bring a local new story to light, which can be viewed below:

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio school district decided Tuesday night to keep a portrait of Jesus hanging in the school where it's been 65 years, denying a federal lawsuit's claim the portrait's display unconstitutionally promotes religion in a public school.

The Jackson City Schools board offered a constitutional justification of its own in voting 4-0 to keep the portrait up in its middle school, saying it must protect students' free speech rights. The vote drew cheers and applause from the dozens of people gathered in the elementary school gymnasium.

Read all of it here: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-school-b...xzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

I posted his here @ NP to see what ppl had to say on the issue. As it turns out, this sparked many debates. I've considered closing this thread but after multiple suggestions, I decided to keep it open. Feel free to join in the topics but per forum rules, please refrain from obscene, threatening, rude, or insulting posts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They forget that the one bunch of people they love so much and will protect so much (the muslims)....
KILL GAYS!!!!!!

Well guy,
Try reading about Iran, Iran, Afghan, blah blah...

Where there they kill gays.
These countries aren't democratic, but the divide between democratic/undemocratic nations does not run along religious lines.
For instance, there are countries in Africa that are violently anti-gay, even when christianity is the dominant religion.
Examples: Cameroon, Zimbabwe.
I think there is a problem with religionS in general, and intolerance.

Am sure, if the muslims in the USA could get sharia enforced, they would go on a gay killing spree.
When they are not too busy with their honor killings.
I would be more concerned about the many Christian fanatics and Jesus camps. There is no shortage of Christian nutjobs in the US.

•••
The guy is a Black Gay American Muslim who spent 3 years in Saudi Arabia. Here's part of his interview:

You lived in Saudi Arabia for three years—were you afraid of being gay there? I mean, they impose the Death Penalty [for homosexuality].

Yeah, but I wasn’t there to have sex with people. I was there to work.

Sure, but you didn’t date at all the whole time?

No, I had a partner here. I would work 12 weeks and then have about three weeks off, so it worked out really well.

Now can you imagine if he admitted that he was gay during his stay in Saudi Arabia. He'd have his throat slit in the wink of an eye, that's for sure.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

These countries aren't democratic, but the divide between democratic/undemocratic nations does not run along religious lines.
For instance, there are countries in Africa that are violently anti-gay, even when christianity is the dominant religion.
Examples: Cameroon, Zimbabwe.
Africa is a dangerous place for Gays. Very little tolerance there and it's mostly a cultural thing and less to do with religion.

I would be more concerned about the many Christian fanatics and Jesus camps. There is no shortage of Christian nutjobs in the US.
Really? D-: So 9/11 is not something to be concerned about? :o :-/

•••
Now can you imagine if he admitted that he was gay during his stay in Saudi Arabia. He'd have his throat slit in the wink of an eye, that's for sure.

I'm not disputing that there are muslim countries which impose a death penalty for being gay. My point was that there are gay muslims and gay muslim communities and that the Quran doesn't condemn gays.

As an Arabic expert, he says if you understand the vernacular of the time in which the Quran was written, it doesn’t condemn homosexuality. All of God’s instructions about marriages are written in gender-neutral language like “pair” and “couple,” and of the seven things listed as abominations, homosexuality isn’t one of them.

•••
Really? D-: So 9/11 is not something to be concerned about? :o :-/
Do you mean the 9-11 terrorists are representative of all Muslims ?
It's like saying that the extremists that kill gays in Cameroon in the name of God are representative of all Christians on Earth. Or the KKK, or the Westboro Church.

Tolerance is not a cultural thing per se, it's a question of education first. Tolerance and intolerance are both found in all societies.
But when hatred is taught at school and defines official state policy (like in Iran) what can you expect.

•••
I'm not disputing that there are muslim countries which impose a death penalty for being gay. My point was that there are gay muslims and gay muslim communities and that the Quran doesn't condemn gays.

Quote:
As an Arabic expert, he says if you understand the vernacular of the time in which the Quran was written, it doesn’t condemn homosexuality. All of God’s instructions about marriages are written in gender-neutral language like “pair” and “couple,” and of the seven things listed as abominations, homosexuality isn’t one of them.

That's what he says. Read more: http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/homosexual.htm

Yes there are gay Muslims but they are as good as dead if they come out of the closet.

•••
GILSAN has nothing left in his arsenal, as everyone showed him to be riddled with errors, so he's rehashing old arguments (ones that failed when he 1st made them lol) and is trying to accuse us of being 'brainwashed' (though he himself is trying to brainwash us. Irony?) & ends his refutes with propaganda declaring that he's right, we're all wrong, and that's it. Yeah, I don't understand his failed logic, either, though I nevertheless welcome it.

It's like saying that the extremists that kill gays in Cameroon in the name of God are representative of all Christians on Earth. Or the KKK, or the Westboro Church.

Tolerance is not a cultural thing per se, it's a question of education first. Tolerance and intolerance are both found in all societies.
But when hatred is taught at school and defines official state policy (like in Iran) what can you expect.

•••
When I watched on the news images of people in Palestine, Iran, other countries in the Middle East, Pakistan, various countries in North Africa (all of them Muslim countries) then I would have to say, yes, not 100% but a very high %.

And who says the the extremists that kill gays in Cameroon are Christians and not Muslims, or maybe both, or maybe, just like I said earlier, it's mostly due to their cultural beliefs?

If hatred is taught in Iraqi schools then it's aimed at Christians, Jews and Americans mostly, I would imagine.

It's funny that the Westboro Church is often brought up as an example of Christian intolerance, when they don't even represent (in terms of size) a drop in the Pacific Ocean. If you want to make comparisons then use large churches, with millions of followers, not a supposed church with a half dozen nut cases.

•••
I always thought it was interesting how people cherry picked the bible. I was working one Sunday, when my friend messaged me saying I should have my head chopped off for doing so, and linked to the bible passage.

Saw this one just posted, and one of them I talked about above:

216670_10151523606005155_1810107216_n.jpg

ala - https://www.facebook.com/RichardDawkinsFoundation?ref=stream

•••
•••
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/3079/christians_slaughtered_world_yawns

Including some on namepros...because hey, they got to love them christian haters.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

For those of you with your head up your asses when it comes to the muslims in the USA.

You skipped the question:

"I'm curious, what percentage of Muslims do you think are just good decent, people? Do you think decent Muslims exist, or are they all just evil in your mind? Looking for a number."

Is that supposed to impress somebody because you found some story of somebody killing somebody? Can find that kind of thing in all directions. All that shows is religion sure is involved in a lot of hate/killing/problems in the world.

Last edited:
•••
Answer this:
"I'm curious, what percentage of Christians do you think are just good decent, people? Do you think decent Christians exist, or are they all just evil in your mind? Looking for a number."

Myself, I have no doubt that a large percentage of muslims are just like me and other christians.
Want a place to live, food on the table, some entertainment now and again.

But really, if you check you will find that there is a small faction that make life rough for all.
And if you think that Christians are not being killed, not being tortured, etc by muslims, you do have your head up your ass.

•••
GILSAN has nothing left in his arsenal, as everyone showed him to be riddled with errors, so he's rehashing old arguments (ones that failed when he 1st made them lol) and is trying to accuse us of being 'brainwashed' (though he himself is trying to brainwash us. Irony?) & ends his refutes with propaganda declaring that he's right, we're all wrong, and that's it. Yeah, I don't understand his failed logic, either, though I nevertheless welcome it.
I don't having nothing in my arsenal? :lol: Hey if it wasn't for my arsenal this thread wouldn't have gone beyond 20-30 posts, you know why? Because when you so arrogantly and disrespectfully criticized the fact that a picture of Jesus that had been hanging in an Ohio school for 65 years, was offensive to you and most of the other brainwashed lefties who also agreed with you.

If it hadn't been for mostly me and 1 or 2 others this thread would have died off a long time ago, because everyone would have agreed with you till everyone simply fell :zzz:.

Amazing that a Pseudo-Christian like yourself got so offended by a 65 year old picture of Jesus but you obviously have no problems that Gay lifestyles are being taught in Public schools.

Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZIwZ2cljq4"]Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sFJip7HHo"]California Schools Teaching Children Gay Tolerance - YouTube[/ame]

Believe me, I still have a lot of armor left in my arsenal and I haven't even started with the heavy artillery. You don't want to be around when that comes around :D

•••
Your arsenal is composed of blanks, winners like this:

"Their goal is to have legal sex with very young boys."

Loony bin type stuff.

•••

Pffft. So you reference a web site by a person/persons who admits they're hoping to convert Muslims and won't state their own qualifications?

And even he mentions that there are a lot of different interpretations of what he cites. Documents translated from ancient languages all have a lot of variations because in places translators have to give their best guess. That's also why there are so many versions of the bible.

When I watched on the news images of people in Palestine, Iran, other countries in the Middle East, Pakistan, various countries in North Africa (all of them Muslim countries) then I would have to say, yes, not 100% but a very high %.

Never can trust that Mainstream Media :p !

But really, if you check you will find that there is a small faction that make life rough for all.
And if you think that Christians are not being killed, not being tortured, etc by muslims, you do have your head up your ass.

By extremist muslims. Lots of muslims are also being killed, tortured, etc. by extremist muslims.
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/article/Taliban-s-shooting-of-teen-enrages-world-3965571.php

There are also plenty of moderate muslims who just want to live a normal life .

Extremists of any belief are potentially dangerous.

Last edited:
•••
That's nice, GILSAN. Now, would you like me to send you literally over 5,000 vids about how schools etc. are brainwashing kids, too? You seem to think it's the gays who are hurting America ;)

•••
Your arsenal is composed of blanks, winners like this:

"Their goal is to have legal sex with very young boys."

Loony bin type stuff.

Again your comment means you know NOTHING about the koran and sharia law.
You know nothing about Afghanistan and soldiers who served there can tell you about the sex with boys is there.

•••
That's nice, GILSAN. Now, would you like me to send you literally over 5,000 vids about how schools etc. are brainwashing kids, too? You seem to think it's the gays who are hurting America ;)
Yes, go ahead and post the videos.

No, my main beef is with the Brainwashed Liberals, and the the Obama Kiss-Ass Liberal Media. Gays are a very small, intolerant minority that have no respect for Catholics and Christians and because they are mostly Liberals and have the backing of the Liberals, it places them in the firing range of my arsenal.

•••
Again your comment means you know NOTHING about the koran and sharia law.
You know nothing about Afghanistan and soldiers who served there can tell you about the sex with boys is there.

haha, what in the world are you talking about? That's what Gilsan said in terms of gay people wanting to get married in the U.S. That their goal is too have sex with young boys. And here you are talking about Sharia law, Koran, Afghanistan etc. You don't even know what you're replying too. You just like using the word Sharia in posts or something? And I see you skipped the question again. Just pick a number, a percentage, shouldn't be too hard. Is it really that hard to understand that decent people, regardless of religion, don't typically like the extremes in their religion? That they're affected as well?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Yes, go ahead and post the videos.

No, my main beef is with the Brainwashed Liberals, and the the Obama Kiss-Ass Liberal Media. Gays are a very small, intolerant minority that have no respect for Catholics and Christians and because they are mostly Liberals and have the backing of the Liberals, it places them in the firing range of my arsenal.

Um, gays aren't trying to interfere with Catholics and Christians, but they're trying to interfere with them by trying to keep them from having the right to marry whom they chose. Why would you respect somebody that tries to keep you from having rights? You better called up Bloomberg and get his ok for your dinner.

Last edited:
•••
Um, gays aren't trying to interfere with Catholics and Christians, but they're trying to interfere with them by trying to keep them from having the right to marry whom they chose. Why would you respect somebody that tries to keep you from having rights? That's a pushover mentality. You better called up Bloomberg and get his ok for your dinner.

Why should I agree with a group of people that has no respect for my religion? As an example just last month the very highly regarded (by the Liberal Media) homosexual POS called Dan Savage had the following comment when Pope Benedict announced his retirement:

“That Motherf***ing Power-Hungry, Self-Aggrandized Bigot In the Stupid F***ing Hat Announces His Retirement.”

http://www.catholicleague.org/dan-savage-savages-pope/

This POS would never have the courage to say something similar about an Ayatollah, because they would hang him by his cojones in the wink of an eye

•••
"Why should I agree with a group of people that has no respect for my religion?"

You don't respect your own religion or you would follow it completely, see my cherry picking comment above. Of course they're not going to respect people with that kind of behavior towards them, trying to keep them from rights etc. And that's not everybody, some people are a little more forward thinking and kinder. You come across to me as one of the hateful Christians, thinking just because somebody wants to get married, they want to be pedophiles. Your mind is in the gutter.

•••
"Why should I agree with a group of people that has no respect for my religion?"

You don't respect your own religion or you would follow it completely, see my cherry picking comment above. Of course they're not going to respect people with that kind of behavior towards them, trying to keep them from rights etc. And that's not everybody, some people are a little more forward thinking and kinder. You come across to me as one of the hateful Christians, thinking just because somebody wants to get married, they want to be pedophiles. Your mind is in the gutter.
My mind is very clear of any form of brainwashing thankfully. You and the rest of the lefties are the ones that have blinkers on. If you ever grow up someday perhaps you may be lucky and see the light, that's off course if you don't get trampled by Gays and Muslims and your Liberal government, who are slowly taking away your rights by leading you forward to the abyss, without you even noticing.

•••
•••
A happy Easter to all especially to those that find the name "Easter" offensive. :)

•••
A happy Easter to all especially to those that find the name "Easter" offensive. :)
What GILSAN said goes for me also.

Funny how liberals make jokes and cartoons about Jesus, the Pope, Christians, and more...
Yet they are freaking ass afraid to say one bad word about the pedophile called Mohammed! Or make jokes about him or cartoons, etc.
Shows the bias of those on the left.

•••
My mind is very clear of any form of brainwashing thankfully.

OR you've been brainwashed to the point where you believe that....

Personally I don't see that cartoon as disrespectful to Jesus - the butt of the joke are the "false prophet" pedophile priests. As I recall Jesus was pretty much against the whole false teacher/prophet thing. And if you can't criticize THAT because you feel it's disrespectful to your religion, well, that's very sad (and the reason the problem persists.)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back