Domain Empire

opinion The registries are now domainers too!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I've read several threads about how when a domainer reaches out to sell a domain name they get replies that, well are not nice. I've had a few myself and don't do much outbound marketing.

Now that new gTLDs have launched and many require premium pricing for their names will this make us look a bit better to the end user, over time? I see no difference now between the registry, register making their profit compared to us so called cyber squatters or whatever they want to call us.

BTW - Never agreed with the term cyber squatter.

I personally think the launch of new extensions has placed domain investors within a different class than what's been reflected in the past. Registries and the register place a higher price for domains with higher value, they were just late in the game.

Hopefully this will help all of us moving forward during communication and negotiations, what's your thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The problem is always the same: whether you are a domainer or a registry, it's hard to sell stuff that nobody wants.
The registries effectively have a license to print money, but their money is more like North Korean dinars: worthless/useless for the majority of people.
I don't think the new situation improves our status overall.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back