IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Difference between Godaddy and SEDO is that Godaddy plays fairer, however to use SEDO is like to put the wolf for taking care of the chickens. SEDO uses all the info and resources for its own purposes.

I suppose that Godaddy hasn't tried .pro domains until now, due to dumb restrictions, but, as everybody here knows, this situation has changed a little from a month ago.

Next step is Godaddy offering .pro for registration, directly or by RRPProxy, its partner for a lot of TLDs. In fact, RRProxy offers .pro domain registration from some time ago.

Dot pro is finally on the right way, I believe! :gl:

•••
When do you think GoDaddy will rollout .pro domains if they do. I was kind of suprised about them hosting the auction. But agree that if they are getting behind a brand extension that far it would be tied to something else that might be going on such as being able to register .pro domains directly at GoDaddy.

The auction is big in raising awareness within the domain community, but if GoDaddy steps up and gets behind .pro then anything can happen for the extension.

Maybe the .pro can come in and tackle Joan Rivers this year.

I'd be suprised if they went that far though.

•••
Also SEDO is against .pro, because SEDO owns its own portfolio at domcollect.com and there are no .pro there.

SEDO is NOT your/my/our friend. >:(
Uh ? There are plenty of other extensions NOT featured in their portfolio... or mine... or yours.
I mean, maybe they prefer to have extensions that make money :talk:
The truth is, virtually all extensions can be put on sale on Sedo. Whether they actually sell is another issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
It is very difficult to find .pro domains on sedo in their current design. Our listings don't come up along with other keyword searches even when they are direct keyword searches. I think when a .pro sale occurs on sedo it is not helped by sedo itself at all. But yes, you can list there and I do.

Wish there was a better alternative. we've had that discussion before on this board.

•••
Forget SEDO!

Also SEDO is against .pro, because SEDO owns its own portfolio at domcollect.com and there are no .pro there.

SEDO is NOT your/my/our friend. >:(

It is very difficult to find .pro domains on sedo in their current design. Our listings don't come up along with other keyword searches even when they are direct keyword searches. I think when a .pro sale occurs on sedo it is not helped by sedo itself at all. But yes, you can list there and I do.

Sedo, GoDaddy or Goolge is not a friend or enemy of any extension. They are friends of business. If a commodity is not in demand, no wise shopkeeper will put it in the front shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Click: Send us your feedback on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
FYI, enom is having a sale on .PRO for their direct resellers (ETPs).

through March 2012.

•••
Maybe a precursor to offering .pro registrations?

I can't imagine they would hold an auction and then move the .pro to another registrar. Looks like it's finally happening. This is great news for premium .pro holders IMO.

•••
I bet that GD will not become a .pro registrar any time soon.

•••
I bet that GD is going to offer .pro registration as DD24 (RRPProxy) reseller, like it offers now almost all ccTLDs from long time ago. :gl:

•••
Can they do that under the godaddy label. So, in other words if you buy a .me domain through the Godaddy website are you saying the they are somehow actually being registered through DD24? Just curious...having godaddy in anyway associated with .pro is big news.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Can they do that under the godaddy label. So, in other words if you buy a .me domain through the Godaddy website are you saying the they are somehow actually being registered through DD24?
If you check whois of bobparsons.me, you will see Godaddy as registrar, but if you, for example, check whois for bobparsons.co.uk, then Key-Systems GmbH is the registrar. Same happens for .es, .fr, etc.

This is not only for BobParsons' domains, if you go to Godaddy and register, for example, lalalala12456.tk, this will be at your GD control panel, but it will be registered by RRPProxy too... :gl:

GoDaddy is NOT accredited by Registry.pro at now.
I bet that GD is going to offer .pro registration as DD24 (RRPProxy) reseller, like it offers now almost all ccTLDs from long time ago.
:zzz:

Last edited:
•••
I'm talking about GD-label.

Last edited:
•••
I'm talking about GD-label.
Does GD-label matter for Bob selling .co.uk or .fr? :bah:

The important thing is that people could register .pro domains at Godaddy! :imho:

•••
•••
dotprofan.. style.pro is further down that list at $1,978
Nothing wrong with another .pro sale.

•••
•••
•••
Am I right to assume that the auction is going to consist solely of three-letter Pros?

Looks like there are some N.pro, L.pro, LN.pro, LL.pro and others.

•••
You can certify yourself. Just your unis diploma number or driving lic. number.

Exactly !!! And like they say it's a SELF certification. If they were to start harassing people they would lose what little business they have ... and they can't afford to let that happen. In other words, all aboard.

•••
Exactly !!! And like they say it's a SELF certification. If they were to start harassing people they would lose what little business they have ... and they can't afford to let that happen. In other words, all aboard.

Then they need to update their website if they want to have any credibility whatsoever. IMO

"Step 2: The self-certified professional data provided by the registrant is randomly verified against an appropriate licensing or accreditation database."

http://www.nic.pro/professionals/why.shtml

•••
•••
For what is being offered in the auction I like these best as fitting well with the ext (the single characters I threw in because they are cool).
1.pro, 2.pro, x.pro, b.pro, ny.pro, 3d.pro, art.pro, fat.pro, ice.pro
What are your favs?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back