IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Andrew and Rick ...

If you listed Books.pro on sedo, or anything similar, how would you (or do you) set up your pricing options ... ???

- Make Offer

- Make Offer with a minimum offer listed

- Fixed Price (XX)

... and you're killing me with that avatar Rick.

8^X

•••
I think Books.pro went for Blinds.pro's price and Blinds.pro went for Books.pro's price..

•••
Hi Jay

Are these the types of mini sites that you develop? If so, which would be your first choice? Would like to talk about having a few put together. Thanks. Charles.

8^X

Last edited:
•••
Hi Jay

Are these the types of mini sites that you develop? If so, which would be your first choice? Would like to talk about having a few put together. Thanks. Charles.

BESTPRINTERS.INFO
BIGANDTALL.INFO
CORDLESSTOOLS.INFO
STORAGEBOXES.INFO
STORAGECABINET.INFO
STORAGECABINETS.INFO
TENNISRACQUET.INFO
TENNISRACQUETS.INFO
TOOLCHEST.INFO

8^X

Chas, I do mainly static sites, when we talk about minisites.. however those domains are pretty much parked pages of sedo with feed pulled out from google's parking service (maybe because sedo has google adsense as a parking partner).

Not a big deal and can be done as well, but who are you going to partner with the ad link feed? If we tried playing around wit google's feed, you might get dinged an dor they might just block kyour adsense account for tampering with it. You know what I'm talking about, right!?

Jay

•••
If you listed Books.pro on sedo, or anything similar, how would you (or do you) set up your pricing options ... ???8^X

I always use make an offer. That way you get bid history from lowballers and you have control over the price you sell at. If .pro restrictions were ever removed, I would want to reconsider my sale prices and if you have fixed prices you can't do that.

Interesting that Book.pro, Books.pro, eBook.pro, eBooks.pro, and Booking.pro have also sold.

I'm not completely surprised by the price Blinds.pro sold for in relation to Books.pro. If somebody is fitting blinds you want them to be a Pro but if somebody sells you a book, you don't have the same expectations about their Pro status, therefore it's less useful for branding purposes. The more people are hung up about Pro status or wowed by it, the better the branding angle is with .pro.

•••
I was showing 40-50 visits a day on one of my pro's through Sedo. I added google analytics and it's showing 0-1 visits a day.

•••
Andrew and Rick ...

If you listed Books.pro on sedo, or anything similar, how would you (or do you) set up your pricing options ... ???

- Make Offer

- Make Offer with a minimum offer listed

- Fixed Price (XX)

... and you're killing me with that avatar Rick.

8^X

I have set all my .pro at "make offer" for the last year. Mostly I've received low ball offers, but also some $XXXX offers.

This year I might change a few to a "fixed price" whereas they can still offer as well.

Now about my avatar, I'm willing to lease her out per hour if you're interested :laugh:.
She has turned quite a few heads here on NP....:hehe:

•••
Now about my avatar, I'm willing to lease her out per hour if you're interested :laugh:.
She has turned quite a few heads here on NP....:hehe:

Wish that image was reality behind your account :lol:

•••
I saw a very clever use for a .pro recently.

Keyword.Pro for Keyword Production Co.

Another sales slant, there are a LOT of production companies of all types worldwide.

•••
I saw a very clever use for a .pro recently.

Keyword.Pro for Keyword Production Co.

Another sales slant, there are a LOT of production companies of all types worldwide.

I like that. Thanks Samit. Need to do a lot of research to find the right ones. There are thousands and thousands of them in film, video, commercials and three or four other categories. But I bought one anyway.

8^X

•••
I haven't been here for a long time now, but since I still havent done anything with my .pros I'm wondering what I could get for ex. advertise(dot)pro? Just some numbers to aim for...

•••
•••
Advertise.info sold for $1,500. There are 41 bids for Advertise.co.uk on Sedo. If you auctioned it on NP, I doubt you would cover cumulative registration fees from March 05. End user might be low $X,XXX but there is probably a 100-1 chance of achieving that each year unless you market it direct.

I see you own Sudoku.pro. I got a $500 bid for Puzzle.pro last week, the buyer said he "couldn't justify a penny more". Puzzle.com is for sale on Sedo for $2.75m and the guy likes the Puzzle Pro branding angle so much he has registered and is planning to develop Puzzlep.ro. He had been quoted $2,300 for PuzzlePro.com but that was "way more" than he was willing to spend. I did some research on the bidder, he is the CTO of an internet security company but has been working on a voluntary basis since the company ran out of money in May 2009.

I thought this was an interesting snapshot of the .pro aftermarket. Even when the equivalent .com is for sale at 7 figures and a potential buyer is so smitten with Pro branding they are prepared to develop a Romanian ccTLD, they still won't pay more than $500.

•••
Advertise.info sold for $1,500. There are 41 bids for Advertise.co.uk on Sedo. If you auctioned it on NP, I doubt you would cover cumulative registration fees from March 05. End user might be low $X,XXX but there is probably a 100-1 chance of achieving that each year unless you market it direct.

I see you own Sudoku.pro. I got a $500 bid for Puzzle.pro last week, the buyer said he "couldn't justify a penny more". Puzzle.com is for sale on Sedo for $2.75m and the guy likes the Puzzle Pro branding angle so much he has registered and is planning to develop Puzzlep.ro. He had been quoted $2,300 for PuzzlePro.com but that was "way more" than he was willing to spend. I did some research on the bidder, he is the CTO of an internet security company but has been working on a voluntary basis since the company ran out of money in May 2009.

I thought this was an interesting snapshot of the .pro aftermarket. Even when the equivalent .com is for sale at 7 figures and a potential buyer is so smitten with Pro branding they are prepared to develop a Romanian ccTLD, they still won't pay more than $500.

Yeah, I got an offer for 1000 GBP in 2006 for Sudoku. I didnt sell then but I regret it now. I still havent done anything with it. Thats my biggest problem, my tumb up my a**.

Sound crazy to develop anything with a domainhack, especially when it ends with p.ro, most of the visitors will be visiting puzzle.ro and your domain.

•••
It's not at all hard to pick up .pro names if you are planning any sort of business. I make enough advertising income on my websites that I have to claim a modest income at the end of each year, so I went to my local county courthouse and registered myself, Dustie Meads, as a business.

That was enough to allow me to purchase some .pro names last year.

Renewals are coming due though, and I'm short of pocket, so I'm going to try to sell one of my names, graphicarts.pro, to help pay to keep my others. Anyone have any ideas on where and how to sell it or what to even ask so it? Or is it even worth trying?

(sorry for anyone who might have read this post earlier before I corrected my graphicarts domain from .com to .pro. Darn, we are just so brainwashed to type .com even when we know better!)

Dustie

Last edited:
•••
The key phrase Graphic Arts hasn't sold in any extension according to dnsaleprice.com. There are no bids for Graphic Arts in any extension on Sedo. GraphicArts.mobi is for sale for a fixed price of $199 on Sedo. All of that doesn't bode well for selling the .pro. It has a nice fit with .pro so you would need to direct market it to graphic artists but would a graphic artist be eligible to register it?

•••
Anybody see DomainPeople's "new" interface? Its same as hostway!!!

Blinds.pro is a great sale, congrats to the seller!

•••
Oh, my business is listed as Graphic Arts, Photographer and Web Site Developer. Being a website developer should be able to cover about any .pro domain name, since web sites are unlimited in their ability to disperse all sorts of professional information.

D

•••
Oh, my business is listed as Graphic Arts, Photographer and Web Site Developer. Being a website developer should be able to cover about any .pro domain name, since web sites are unlimited in their ability to disperse all sorts of professional information.D

Dispersing professional information is not one of the requirments for .pro eligibility. You need to have a professional qualification with a license number issued by a government approved issuing authority. When you submitted license information to RegistryPro, what did you give them?

•••
I gave them my "doing business as" license I registered at the county courthouse. I just went down the courthouse to the business administration office, told them I needed a business liscense, paid the required 20.00, filled out the form and they gave me a certified license. I scanned it, sent it to the registry, registered 7 .pro names and had no problems. The business is listed as a sole propritorship under my name. I didn't have to incorportate at all. i'm guessing most states have a similiar program for small businesses. Check with your local county courthouse.

I bought graphicarts.pro and pixels.pro, since those cover my fields of graphic artist and photographer. But they also let me buy witches.pro, spells.pro, fairies.pro, as I was thinking of developing them into websites.

I bought witches.pro and spells.pro, thinking it would be fun to develop some websites for Halloween out of them. I'm no pro in either of those fields, but then I'm guessing that, except for those who have done extensive research and written books about the subject, I'm as much a pro as as any. This idea about you have to be a member of a professional organization to get a .pro just doesn't apply to domain names such as these. Unless membership into a local Wicca organzation might count?

Thanks for looking all that info up for me. Is sedo allowing .pros to be listed?

•••
Guys, I'm quiting domaining and put on auction my best .pro starting $1.00

•••
I gave them my "doing business as" license I registered at the county courthouse. I just went down the courthouse to the business administration office, told them I needed a business liscense, paid the required 20.00, filled out the form and they gave me a certified license. I scanned it, sent it to the registry, registered 7 .pro names and had no problems. The business is listed as a sole propritorship under my name. I didn't have to incorportate at all. i'm guessing most states have a similiar program for small businesses. Check with your local county courthouse.

In the UK you can incorporate a limited company for about £25, give your company registration number as your business license number, Companies House as the issuing authority, the date of incorporation as your license start date, your profession as Director, and companieshouse.co.uk as the issuing authority's web site.

•••
In the UK you can incorporate a limited company for about £25, give your company registration number as your business license number, Companies House as the issuing authority, the date of incorporation as your license start date, your profession as Director, and companieshouse.co.uk as the issuing authority's web site.

with a local presence?

•••
Total .pro registrations fell 5% to 41,549 in Oct 09 as the first week of Sep 08 landrush drops fed through. Network Solutions lost nearly 18% of their .pros, DomainPeople lost 9% but Encirca gained 7%. Encirca is now the biggest .pro registrar with 11,208 registrations.

Last edited:
•••
AKcampbell, how many total have been registered so farr??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back