Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It means that .ORG is the most SAFE among traditional gTLDs.

•••
•••
To compare with nTLDs (got 2xx such domains since 2014) my stats is: 0 sales and 2 low offers.

•••
To compare with nTLDs (got 2xx such domains since 2014) my stats is: 0 sales and 2 low offers.

Hmm, but I have more than fifty sales of ngTLDs.

We can sell BOTH. :P

Ps. I agree that Namebio only shows the tip of the iceberg.

•••
.xyz is avoided by me, so my stats is without .xyz

•••
Regarding of mentioned bailbonds for $3,500 in April - I still see OLD WHOIS and parking.
So I didn't understand such sale.

•••
The market for this .PRO sounds very small...I think so.
Then why so many Pheenix-backorders on .PRO (starting at $69)???

•••
Then why so many Pheenix-backorders on .PRO (starting at $69)???

I hope, and even think, that ten years from now our good one-word .PRO, .TOP, .ONE, .VIP, .XYZ and .CLUB will have a much higher value than today. I can not predict the future, but this is my believe.

•••
.PRO is still ignored by GoDaddy de facto... this is the only one barrier for regular public 4-figure sales and even 5-figure...

•••
I hope, and even think, that ten years from now our good one-word .PRO, .TOP, .ONE, .VIP, .XYZ and .CLUB will have a much higher value than today. I can not predict the future, but this is my believe.
Agree - that should be a domainer's realistic timeframe for his investions when speculating with good profit at those kind of domains.
I am confident that 10 years of patience will certainly be rewarded.

Last edited:
•••

Who knows if we will hold our 'good ones' till there.

•••
.info/.biz value didn't change even for 15 years...
I can say even more: it is significantly lowered since 2015...
And I don't see any strong arguments for higher values of nTLDs if they are not developed by serious endusers...
Instead in .PRO we see a lot of companies...

•••
.info/.biz value didn't change even for 15 years...
I can say even more: it is significantly lowered since 2015...
And I don't see any serious arguments for higher values of nTLDs if they are not developed by serious endusers...
Instead in .PRO we see a lot of companies...

Even when I have to admit that .pro is one of my favourite nTLD's, no one knows what will happen in near future.

Just think of .mobi, which is, from today's perspective, completely worthless.

•••
.mobi was dead from the beginning...
.tel also.

•••
I don't have any favourites... this is just an analytics... WHOIS, sales, own experience etc.

•••
.mobi was dead from the beginning...
.tel also.

I would not say that regarding .mobi, otherwise how can you explain me all that 6 figures sales?

•••
Why to compare .PRO vs .mobi???
100% natural domain against pseudodomain (for mobiles only)???

•••
Why to compare .PRO vs .mobi???
100% natural domain against pseudodomain (for mobiles only)???

I did not compared them literally, I just said that every nTLD can end up like that mentioned extension.

•••
.guru, .rocks, .email, .sexy, .link etc. - are already ended up.

•••
Instead .PRO is alive since 2004 and only grows each year...

•••
•••
Any success depends on endusers only...
No endusers - no growth.

•••
From a personal experience .pro sales have been very small along the lines with ws, .mobi, and .cc. Years ago at NP there use to be pro auctions that went from $$$ - $$$$ for what appeared to be good keywords; today you almost have to give them away.

As for the future, I see an overall decrease in interest with the occasional trend. Waiting 10 years for a payout for this particular extension means 10 years renewals and an assumption you're going to feel the same way about it. There are also going to be many more extensions, some of which may have proven themselves through mass use/acceptance.

I currently have three remaining: two of which are defensive and one that I'm practically giving away even though it's market grows daily.

•••
No problems... drop them... more opportunities for me and other domainers...

•••
Yesterday I have caught the one of .PRO-drops...
The same day it has been sold for $1K (passive sale as always for me, Bodis-form)
Just want to add that this is just a normal/standard keyword... no something special or MEGA...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back