IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold Insure.pro for $4,700 at Sedo.

I took insures.pro today.

Not taking plurals is all very fine, but not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford the singular keyword. ;)

That brings my .pro portfolio up to 34, 16 more before I'm done. :D

•••
I took insures.pro today. ;)Not taking plurals is all very fine, but not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford the singular keyword.

It doesn't take a lot of money. You just have to use a variety of search methods. I have 185 pros ... way too many. All are hand regged at EnCirca. 120 or more are singular nouns, most regged within the past six months, i.e. Sauce.pro. A self-respecting Wizard should know these things. ;)

We need as many Pros as possible to be registered. If you discourage potential buyers from even looking for them you're just slowing down the entire process.

8^X

Last edited:
•••

Animal.pro - blows them all away with over 2,000,000 exact searches.

Building.pro - I think that "building" has a thousand applications and is a great name.

Moscow.pro - I think that the jury is still out on geos but that's definitely one of the good ones. Don't give it away.

Risk.pro - insurance companies

Mens.pro - is close to being in my top group.

And now ... let the beatings begin.

8^X

Thanks )

have PM offer 1000$ for Building.pro 2 day's ago.
is it low price for this one?

•••
building.pro is worth more than 1K certainly and I agree it has much larger applications as Big Jelly suggested. I would think its worth at least 4 to 6k as minimum offer.

•••
building.pro is worth more than 1K certainly and I agree it has much larger applications as Big Jelly suggested. I would think its worth at least 4 to 6k as minimum offer.

And if you're good at haggling, consider that $1000 was their opening offer so they're surely prepared to go higher. How high you can get them to go would in part depend on how well you negotiate. Unfortunately I have no negotiating skills at all and would end up with $1022.

Also keep in mind, IMO, building-pro is a really strong name. I can't emphasize that enough. I'd take $4,000 for it now and tomorrow morning I would regret selling it.

Check out some of the sale prices on AK's site.

http://www.total.pro/pro_domain_sale_prices.php

8^X

Last edited:
•••
Reporting a sale

I sold large.pro for $2.500 at Sedo. :)

•••
nice sale! good to see so many 1K+ sales! 2k even better.
Just hand registered genuine.pro! Just when I thought all the good ones were taken.

•••
That's a large sale, congrats!

Care to share details if at all possible, as in whether they made the offer and for how much, etc.

Cheers!

•••
•••
Ok..going to venture into uncharted territory here and ask what the current prerequisites are for registering a dot pro and where is the cheapest place to land one?

It's a long thread and I can't be arsed searching through it...sorry.:red:

Last edited:
•••
ff, for complete info on .pro including requirements / sales etc - www.total.pro

.Pro can be registered if you have a business license (registered business) or a professional license, just use your license info to authenticate.

Only get top of the line .pro, what would sell for six/seven figures in .com - anything else is a waste of time.

I have some amazing .pro like author / gift / group / herbal / page / television etc and don't get too many offers at all.

Get one name for 5 years instead of 5 domains for one year would be my advice. :)

•••
Ok Samit..read a bit.

I have a trade certificate in one industry and a diploma in another one, and I am studying to for a double degree. Not sure how to employ any of them to this.

Is it simply a matter of quoting, say, the trade certificate number or title to get clearance?

•••
.pro brand

Ok, on a broad note. A friend of mine directed me to this article on thedomain.com
regarding right of the dot incoming domains.

Of course, I had to make comment on the part about .pro registry being a success but mentioned few domainers own a .pro.

I had a few typos but hopefully made a decent reply in support of .pro

There is alot to think about in this article, but on the same token I really think that .pro is undervalued as an extension as to me there seems to be too many solid positives to buy them. Just don't understand why few others outside of this board are able to see that.

It takes time to grow a registry with a solid base. These flash in a pan domains such as .co haven't yet stood the test of time yet. I predict a strong sell off in many of these extensions that have grown so rapidly.

.pro at this point represents solid steady growth.

•••
webdomain, I think your filmmaker.pro is fantastic and fits the extension so well that it appears to be even better than the same .com or .org

The only thing is it doesn't really suggest a movie store. A movie store makes it appear petty, which is quite opposite to what the extension suggests. If you develop it focusing on information and discussion of aspects of filmmaking, all of them technical, equipment, art and so on, possibly with its own forum - this could be a resource number one in the web, a real winner.

•••
ThankYou, we spend alot of time in bringing in 40+ films onto the site and now that the site has launched we are evaluating how to take it up a notch. Will take a look at the movie store with the partners involved as I kind of agree with you there. Really appreciate your evaluation and comment.

•••
•••
That's a large sale, congrats!

Care to share details if at all possible, as in whether they made the offer and for how much, etc.

Cheers!

Thanks for your congratulations! Initially the buyer bid for $ 160, which did not take seriously. I made a counteroffer of $ 3,500 until after several days of offers and counteroffers, we reached an agreement for $ 2,500. The buyer is from Japan and the deal closed on 10 March. I thought it would not be trading by the terrible events of March 11 (earthquake and tsunami). But the buyer is healthy, is a man of honor and all ended well.:D

•••
There are couple new guys buying the heck out of .pros in the past week or so. It's fun to watch this feed every once in a while.

http://www.encirca.com/feed/domains-pro-created.xml

to keep posted on the quantity of .pros being added. I've seen it heat up pretty good in the last 6 months. About a year and 1/2 ago it would take almost a week to get what we now see in the average day.

This may just be what is being registered at encirca as with the numbers coming out each month vs. the drops, I'd say there would have to be even more being registered somewhere else.

•••
Picked up Smart.pro at auction not too long ago. Lots of potential imho.

Last edited:
•••
There's something wrong with your pdf, it asks you to 'upgrade' adobe reader - this is a known virus / trojan / whatever. Be very careful with this file.

Please post in plain text if you can or attach a notepad file.

Also, six / seven figures in .com does not necessarily indicate intrinsic value in .pro - specially for plurals / two word domains, though there are some good ones in your list for sure.

•••
I want to go out on a limb and say $12K but that's why I lose the ranch when I gamble. Fashion is a super strong name but like you said I don't know whose bidding.

But I'm going to take Over on $5,000.

And I just realized that we've been talking about SnapNames (not sedo) ... but I'll stay with $5K and a prayer.

Thanks for your estimation! It ended at $2155, to be exact. B-)

•••
There's something wrong with your pdf, it asks you to 'upgrade' adobe reader - this is a known virus / trojan / whatever. Be very careful with this file.

Please post in plain text if you can or attach a notepad file.

I removed the PDF and posted as plain text. My PDF file had a security protocol in place and that may have caused the problem. I also have anti-virus software installed on my Mac. Since my first 128k ram (!) Mac purchased in 1984, none of my Apple Computers have ever been virus infected, but I appreciate erring on the side of caution.

•••
Thanks for your estimation! It ended at $2155, to be exact.

Did you pick it up Kuli? Thanks for posting I was wondering how it had gone.

•••
Out of curiosity, I substituted .COM for .PRO in my portfolio and ran the domains through Estibot....

You can directly appraise .pro using DomainAppraisal.net

•••
Did you pick it up Kuli? Thanks for posting I was wondering how it had gone.

Yes, I did. For curiosity, one of the high bidders at around $2,000 was a gentleman whom I sold a domain last year. To my own luck, he didn't bid more.

I work for a fashion retail company, so I know how much money is invested here. I would have bid up to $4,000, because I know that the domain is worth more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back