Discount any domain registrations
Coupon Code: TUDOBEM

:music:

###########################################
http://www.name.com/treasure-hunt.php
###########################################

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spandex still rocks for renewals.

•••
Name.com is great if you're not a domain hoarder and you're actually utilizing Google Apps for your business. The customer service is good and I have been overpaying for each domain name for years just to stick with name.com.

They have FREEWHOIS with the code PRIVACYPLEASE that you can add at anytime regardless of purchase date. FOR FREE! It comes out to be roughly the same than what you pay with Godaddy except Name's checkout is simplified and 100% less overwhelming.

Work smarter, not harder and stop buying domains if you have no money. $7.99 at name.com is a steal and a small price to pay for less of a headache. SWITCHEROO still works as of today as well as SPANDEX. Thanks!

•••
Name.com is great if you're not a domain hoarder and you're actually utilizing Google Apps for your business. The customer service is good and I have been overpaying for each domain name for years just to stick with name.com.

They have FREEWHOIS with the code PRIVACYPLEASE that you can add at anytime regardless of purchase date. FOR FREE! It comes out to be roughly the same than what you pay with Godaddy except Name's checkout is simplified and 100% less overwhelming.

Work smarter, not harder and stop buying domains if you have no money. $7.99 at name.com is a steal and a small price to pay for less of a headache. SWITCHEROO still works as of today as well as SPANDEX. Thanks!

I agree, Name.com is a very good registrar but it's not for the domain amassers. I handregister most of my names at Netfirms, they have a $4.95 promotion that has been going on for years and free whois privacy. Personally, I've never had any negative experience with them.

•••
I agree, Name.com is a very good registrar but it's not for the domain amassers.
Their employee emailed me once, telling me that if you have more than 25 domains in your account with them, then you can become a member of their Domain Investor Club, similar to Godaddy's. Anyone had experience with this club with Name? Does it make your renewal costs much cheaper ???

By the way, that 4.95 deal at Namefirms used to work with domain transfers also. But now it doesn't work anymore (since they become Tucows). So you mean it still works with new regs?

•••
By the way, that 4.95 deal at Namefirms used to work with domain transfers also. But now it doesn't work anymore (since they become Tucows). So you mean it still works with new regs?

It doesn't work with domain transfers, but yes, I confirm it works perfectly with handregs. When I need to register a new name, I usually check the GD thread for a $2.95 or lower coupon. If none is available, I go to Netfirms. Also, unlike GoDaddy, you can use Paypal with them.

•••
Their employee emailed me once, telling me that if you have more than 25 domains in your account with them, then you can become a member of their Domain Investor Club, similar to Godaddy's. Anyone had experience with this club with Name? Does it make your renewal costs much cheaper ???

As a member of their investor club, you get an e-mail at the beginning of each month with coupon codes you can use. I'm a member.

•••
As a member of their investor club, you get an e-mail at the beginning of each month with coupon codes you can use. I'm a member.
Thanks for the info. But how is the pricing reflected on the coupons? Are they competitive? Non-Club Renewal pricing at Godaddy, is about 8 bucks.

•••
I agree, Name.com is a very good registrar but it's not for the domain amassers. I handregister most of my names at Netfirms, they have a $4.95 promotion that has been going on for years and free whois privacy. Personally, I've never had any negative experience with them.

Second year is $11.99 so unless it is easy to transfer out, name would be cheaper. How easy is netfirms to transfer out?

BTW, it is showing $5.99 for privacy for me, so if I want that, no deal, even with $4.95 reg.

•••
How easy is netfirms to transfer out?
I had close to 100 domains with Netfirms in the past. They all transferred out fine with me, no issues. I had that many domains there before, because the 4.95 used to apply for transfer-in, but not anymore so i left.

•••
Second year is $11.99 so unless it is easy to transfer out, name would be cheaper. How easy is netfirms to transfer out?

BTW, it is showing $5.99 for privacy for me, so if I want that, no deal, even with $4.95 reg.

Transferring away is easy. As for the privacy, remove it from the cart and proceed with the domain alone. When the name is registered, you can add the free privacy from the domain manager.

•••
November's code is UNITY

$10.25 .com/.net registrations/renewals

•••
I had close to 100 domains with Netfirms in the past. They all transferred out fine with me, no issues. I had that many domains there before, because the 4.95 used to apply for transfer-in, but not anymore so i left.

Registered a couple at NF OK but email forwarding not working and when I contacted support they wanted to sell me some add-on for $30/year.

Anyway will see if they can resolve the email issue. It NC, it's only slightly more for reg and [email protected] already forwards without any work on my part.

BTW, I transferred in a few of my 1and1 names to name.com using NEWBIE but not the limit 10 and now it seems to have expired. Any new codes?

•••
BTW, I transferred in a few of my 1and1 names to name.com using NEWBIE but not the limit 10 and now it seems to have expired. Any new codes?

The NEWBIE code could only be used once.

Try SWITCHEROO for unlimied $7.99 transfers.

•••
Hey, this is ashley (I do marketing for name.com) just wanted to let you all know that "NEWBIE" and "SWITCHEROO" have been extended :)

•••
PRIVACYPLEASE not working anymore!

•••
PRIVACYPLEASE not working anymore!

Okay, calm down :)

It worked for me 12hrs ago. Make certain to choose 1 year and not multi year private Whois

•••
Hey, this is ashley (I do marketing for name.com) just wanted to let you all know that "NEWBIE" and "SWITCHEROO" have been extended :)

I know that you've probably got 3 degrees in Marketing and are on $100,000/year but..... instead of making videos that are not funny and boring ads and blog posts why not just issue renewal coupons and codes that are on par or cheaper than GoDaddy and you'll get more customers than you can imagine....but then again I'm just a simple domainer without any Marketing degree...what do I know?

Last edited:
•••
Okay, calm down :)

It worked for me 12hrs ago. Make certain to choose 1 year and not multi year private Whois

Well, you're wrong ;) No more free privacy.

•••
Well, you're wrong ;) No more free privacy.

I don't have my security keyfob with me so I can't login to verify. But I really doubt they discontinued free whois privacy.

•••
Yes, it is working. Just renewed my privacy another year for zero dollars.

•••
$7.99 .COM Transfer
Code: SWITCHEROO

•••
Yes, it is working. Just renewed my privacy another year for zero dollars.
I tried earlier today and I couldn't get it to work. It's OK now, I just tried it :)

•••
Glad to know. Next time, don't scare us like that, buddy. You nearly gave me a heart attack. lol

•••
Not my fault. Tried from two different accounts and without logging in. Maybe they've tested a new coupon system, where you can't get free whois beyond the expiration date of your domain name - multiple renews (lucky guess). I couldn't get it to work even with newly registered domain :)

•••
I have totally given up any hope for any possible Cybermonday Jaw-Dropper Transfers for Name. Looks like they are not going to match Namecheap this time around. So sad. Setting the locks back to ON in my domains now.

Next kindle of hope: CHRISTMAS TRANSFERS! (Renewals are good as well) :santa:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back