The Official ccTLD Sales Report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gazzip

First Time Poster !VIP Member
Impact
Mod note - This is now The Official ccTLD Sales Report

Please post ALL ccTLD Sales here

I'll update this post with ccTLD sales over $5000.

--------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

If you have any .eu sales or see any sold can you please list them here :)

A few on sedo right now

Interleasing.eu – 850 euros
Klsmartin.eu – 550 euros
Nessus.eu – 320 euros
Graphia.eu – 2,000 euros
Medicalpicture.eu – 750 euros
Schneeketten.eu - 3,000 euros

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
weblord said:
whoa congratulations your .cn investment finally paid off.
i also invest in quite a few .cn myself.

Thank you and may you have a good investments.

•••
congratulations!
that brings a bright future for .CN investors.

the electric products or the branded car?

•••
Recent SALES: gmx.ca - 20,000 EUR

just saw this on sedo and couldn't believe my eyes

what do you guys think? great sale or what?

•••
gmx.ca sells for 20,000 euros

Just saw this on sedo homepage, reported sales
shows how high even 'non-premiums' :blink: can get sometimes. not sure if we'll see a lll.ca this big for a looooong time, but good for the industry. has to be

gmx.ca 20,000 euros

seller must have balls of steel and buyer must have a wheelbarrow of cash
what i find strange is how a seller on sedo ( a domainer you would have to imagine) would hold out for this much on a lll.ca
also that a buyer would pay. i'm pretty amazed. also as was sedo, seller couldn't have known who the buyer was!!! :-/
a headscratcher , but an amazing sale

Last edited:
•••
Around $30K USD. Great sale, as you said, makes us realize, that all the money is not simply in premiums. :sold:

•••
•••
•••
Wow! That's really an amazing sale for that name :blink:

•••
Thats pretty good for the seller... Wondering if its GMX . Com buying it up or a speculator buying it up hoping to sell it to these guys
Stands for Global Mail Xchange the co.uk .com .us all go this email provider.
I use them and its a great service Pop3 and IMAP4 compatible so you can use it like push email. I can see more and more users going to them.

•••
•••
GOOD development of .CA .

•••
That is a superb sale for the seller! wow

•••
great sale, it was a wow moment wen i saw it on sedo

•••
Have a look at gmx.com, gmx.net, gmx.org, gmx.info, gmx.biz, gmx.us ........ i'd guess these people are the buyer ............................ thought the name looked familiar, as I had an email account with them many years ago......

•••
idnman said:
is .cn tld good or not?
good or not? it is a difficult question to answer.it's not you or me could decide it.let the facts say that in the longer run!

•••
Top 100 .ca Domain Sales

If you Sold ALL of the Top 100 reported .ca domain names,

You would be 1.5 Million richer !!! Yippy

If you sold All of the top 100 except the Top 1st, that wouldn't even bring you a Full One Million Dollars.

Here is a full list Top 100 .ca Domains

So this begs the question, is it really worth the risk investing in the .ca brand if the returns are so low ???

•••
•••
true, soldnames is not really up to date, and therefore not a reliable source (for .ca's at least) just look at the dates, not even one sale from 2008? where is Jobs.ca sale?

namebio seems to be best of them all, althought it also doesn't catch all of the .ca's

•••
800ml said:
So this begs the question, is it really worth the risk investing in the .ca brand if the returns are so low ???

Unless you can afford the cash for the .com's
then yes, I would say it's definetly worth the risk.
It's only going to go up...and up!

Soon you won't be able to buy those "gems" for reg fee
(cause I'll have them all :p )

:imho:

•••
Many of the largest .ca sales have never been reported due to ND agreements. I have one that would be on that list but... and another I've been in talks with for months now that will be in the top 50, and that one will also never see the actual light of day as per the buyers request. Get a group of .ca'ers together and many will report the same thing.

There was also the purchase of 389 domain names from the emall guys - I never saw a breakdown of the $2.5 million spent per domain.

EDIT - checking the bottom ones on the list again- I sold a .ca on this very forum that would be in 80's.

Last edited:
•••
well that's great that theses are not the only sales, however we have to treat them like they never happened for the purpose of any credible sales discussion, what percentage of the total sales do you think these ND sales account for?

•••
I think right now a lot of the big spenders are keeping things quite, they are getting deals and if things were to be reported then it would drive up future sales. That being said I have 4 of the sales in the top 100 on that list and another 2 that are in that range that aren't on the list. To date I've only had 2 ND sales...

I'm a big supporter of .ca and think it will only get better for those who got in heavy and early...

•••
Exactly as WhiteBark said.... many sales are not reported because of NDA .... (including several that we've been involved in)... that being said, the ratio of NDA vs. open transactions isn't necessarily higher in the ccTLD space so I think the published sales are still relevant and indicative. Keep an eye on the transaction values over time - they will go up. We're aggressively (but selectively) increasing our .ca portfolio.

Rob

•••
champagne.me $11,938

Just saw this listed at DNSaleprice..

champagne.me $11,938 Aug 08 Sedo

I bet someone is pouring the champagne and celebrating right now :o

It's nice to see a great sale away from the ongoing auctions. I'm already in the black with my .me's :)

•••
Jingles said:
Just saw this listed at DNSaleprice..

champagne.me $11,938 Aug 08 Sedo

I bet someone is pouring the champagne and celebrating right now :o

It's nice to see a great sale away from the ongoing auctions. I'm already in the black with my .me's :)

damn thats nice. i was trying for alcohol.me and liquor.me but was beat to the punch by another dynadot user i believe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back