IT.COM

The Bash, Harass, Troll & Posterize Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Recently there has been some vocal and engaging members in the domain industry who has had trouble having their threads staying on topic. The threads tend to garner a lot of unnecessary "bashing, harassing, trolling & posterizing" behavior. With behavior as such, professional engagement and sincere conversation can become burdensome. Threads go completely off topic and it isn't fair for those engaged and those listening.

To assist in stopping conversations from going off topic, I am creating this thread. This thread is not just a repository for those that bash, harrass and troll, but a place where one can engage a rebuttal. There is no off topic comment in this thread, but hateful comments are strongly discouraged.

In the spirit of community, I hope we can remain, just that, a community.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All @Rob Monster does is take valuable time out of his day to post here, real posts, content, and yet most posters 99% tune out; “promo”

I salute Rob Monster, let’s see if next time hear from new GD CEO; NC 2021 or shareholders.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I cordially invite @JB Lions to this thread.

•••
I cordially invite @JB Lions to this thread.

I invite you to stop spamming threads. When you do it too much, it just becomes kind of obvious.

I know @Samer is young. I hope one day you became less of a follower and less gullible. It comes with age and experience. Every time you dislike a post, I just feel bad for you.

Last edited:
•••
All @Rob Monster does is take valuable time out of his day to post here, real posts, content, and yet most posters 99% tune out; “promo”

i salute Rob Monster, let’s see if next time hear from new GD CEO; NC 2021 or shareholders

Samer
Yes, the engagement he brings is honorable. I wish we saw that same engagement from other companies. There probably is some who would engage, but they see the a abuse he takes and opt out. We all lose as a result.

Last edited:
•••
I invite you to stop spamming threads. When you do it too much, it just becomes kind of obvious.

I know @Samer is young. I hope one day you became less of a follower and less gullible. It comes with age and experience. Every time you dislike a post, I just feel bad for you.

feel bad all you want JB, i told you before;
disliking a post is my way of “disagree”

i commented and told NP consider “disagree”
the two are interchangeable so no hurt feeling

26! old enough kicked parent heath care plan,

now on my own. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Yes, the engagement he brings is honorable. I wish we saw that same engagement from oth companies. There probably is some who would engage, but they see the a abuse he takes and opt out. We all lose as a result.

Exactly. This point always gets lost in wayside.

Other than the ballyhooed new Gd CEO,
who his credit no one dislikes Aman Bhutani!
Truly looks like GD picked the right guy! but
same level engagement NP as predecessors,
speaking of.. still dont know any other registrar CEO looks like, and doubt ever will.

That’s why @Rob Monster gets my loyalty JB.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@ the OP - you’re a relatively new member here. Like the weather, the conversation at NP has a tendency to repeat itself.

This isn’t fake news, it’s just plain old convo that’s been run through the mill over the years.

•••
The Official Samer and Internet.Domains Fan Club Thread

@Internet.Domains

You should also learn to start posting threads in the right forum. This isn't General Domain Discussion, it's Break Room. You just make the mods do unnecessary work.

•••
The Official Samer and Internet.Domains Fan Club Thread

@Internet.Domains

You should also learn to start posting threads in the right forum. This isn't General Domain Discussion, it's Break Room. You just make the mods do unnecessary work.

Come on JB!! this is so unlike you

thread barely 10 min old, contribute no troll

•••
you’re a relatively new member here.
I prefer to be judged more on wisdom, experience and knowledge than age, but it's your choice, obviously.

•••
Come on JB!! this is so unlike you

thread barely 10 min old, contribute no trolling

You literally have a Monster's Inc avatar. I get it, you guys are fans. So I'm glad you now have a fan club thread. How dare people discuss topics on a discussion forum. You guys feel the need to rush in and try to take threads off topic and dislike posts. So now you 2 guys have a place to hang out together. It's nice. I won't interrupt you.

Last edited:
•••
You literally have a Monster's Inc avatar. I get it, you guys are fans. So I'm glad you now have a fan club thread.
Let it out!

•••
People should be able to question posts, threads and the OP that creates them no matter who they are or what they do without being accused of trolling.....

Having an alternative opinion and sharing your thoughts on why you disagree with a point/post is NOT trolling

I personally think a lot of people have stuck their heads up certain peoples backsides and all they smell is the roses, they do not form their own opinion but have been swayed by job titles, perceived authority or a lack of understanding...he has good ideas (and imo bad ones), he over promotes, he is intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing and where the line is.

He does not have a free reign to post what he wants and not have to answer any questions that may arise from it. He can answer those questions himself without some minion jumping in for him .....to be fair he normally answers questions promptly and is not shy from having a good debate so there should be no need for people to blindly jump in with a perceived need to defend him....

All in all I am glad he is on Namepros, he is not perfect (no one is) but stop with the borderline cult mentality it is annoying......

•••
People should be able to question posts, threads and the OP that creates them no matter who they are or what they do without being accused of trolling.....

Having an alternative opinion and sharing your thoughts on why you disagree with a point/post is NOT trolling

I personally think a lot of people have stuck their heads up certain peoples backsides and all they smell is the roses, they do not form their own opinion but have been swayed by job titles, perceived authority or a lack of understanding...he has good ideas (and imo bad ones), he over promotes, he is intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing and where the line is.

He does not have a free reign to post what he wants and not have to answer any questions that may arise from it. He can answer those questions himself without some minion jumping in for him .....to be fair he normally answers questions promptly and is not shy from having a good debate so there should be no need for people to blindly jump in with a perceived need to defend him....

All in all I am glad he is on Namepros, he is not perfect (no one is) but stop with the borderline cult mentality it is annoying......

i know, JB does this once every blue moon
(“troll”)Halley’s Comet, i love debating wit him.
many times. He just chooses disengage here,
by disregarding OP, and saying move thread when thread is not even 10 min old at time.

Last edited:
•••
I completely agree. Although, there is a line that is often crossed.

•••
•••
I prefer to be judged more on wisdom, experience and knowledge than age, but it's your choice, obviously.
Sales equal wisdom in this biz. Tell us you’ve profited 5-6 figures from one of your domains. You’ll have some clout then.

•••
Sales equal wisdom in this biz. Tell us you’ve profited 5-6 figures from one of your domains. You’ll have some clout then.
I certainly am not going to say I am the biggest fish. However, I am certainly not the smallest. Most importantly I am satisfied with my profits and don't use a number to impress those that would only value me due to my sales.

•••
i know, JB does this once every blue moon
(“troll”)Halley’s Comet, i love debating wit him.
many times. He just chooses disengage here,
by disregarding OP, and saying move thread when thread is not even 10 min old at time.
My post was not directed at him.....

•••
My post was not directed at him.....

i was commenting as if it were directed at me...

Maybe if wasnt at JB, then wasnt at me :-P

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I certainly am not going to say I am the biggest fish. However, I am certainly not the smallest. Most importantly I am satisfied with my profits and don't use a number to impress those that would only value me due to my sales.
It’s not about impressing someone. It’s about backing up your words.

If you’re so knowledgeable about the domain industry, you should be killing it sales wise. That’s just my opinion :)

•••
It’s not about impressing someone. It’s about backing up your words.

If you’re so knowledgeable about the domain industry, you should be killing it sales wise. That’s just my opinion :)
Alright, I will bite. I hand registered my first domains in 1998. Sold my first in 2000. I haven't looked back since. Over the two decades I have sold six figures in profits. For many years I didn't engage in conversations with "domainers" as I was busy with development and ventures, while always selling domains when decent offers were made. I was silent, operated out of sight, just like many do.

Part of the reason many don't come out of the silence is exactly why I started this thread. They get harassed, bullied and censored. They get discredited for no other reason than they appear new. Sad, but true. You can help fix this by being more inviting and encouraging.

Cheers!

•••
I just want to formally announce I will start trolling myself...I've got several 'troll' based domains and may find that/them as my mode of attack and cause for attack upon me.

So here it is! I have officially given me notice. :xf.smile:

•••
Well this thread should be interesting to watch :watching:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back