IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CM Capture 87.jpg

•••
China Cutting Tariffs after Visit by President Trump
http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/08/china-cutting-tariffs-just-weeks-trumps-asia-trip/

"China has released a long list of dramatic tariff cuts on a range of imported consumer goods. In fact, over 200 different products will see an average reduction of approximately 10 percent."

..."China’s unilateral decision to cut tariffs, however modest, should prove beneficial for its major trading partners, including the United States. The cuts will also benefit the people of China, allowing them greater access to a variety of products at more competitive costs."

Thanks Obama.

•••
Based on your own links, there is some interesting insight:
Because of high tariff rates on many foreign goods, many middle and upper class Chinese consumers would often fly overseas to combine holidays with shopping sprees. The high tariffs also contributed to the rise of grey market sellers peddling foreign goods at lower rates. Individuals known as daigou travel overseas to purchase foreign products, bring them back into China without paying import tariffs, and sell them at lower rates than branded stores.
By reducing tariffs, the Chinese government hopes to encourage more consumption within China’s borders, rather than watching wealthy Chinese spend their money abroad. And China’s thriving e-commerce sector might be one of the biggest beneficiaries of this development.
So I doubt the Chinese intention was to appease the US, it is an opportunistic move that will help them collect import duties that otherwise were lost. I would also guess that they are allowing foreign imports to the extent that national output cannot cope with internal demand.
Hopefully this will be win-win trade for all.

Last edited:
•••
Based on your own links, there is some interesting insight:

So I doubt the Chinese intention was to appease the US, it is an opportunistic move that will help them collect import duties that otherwise were lost. I would also guess that they are allowing foreign imports to the extent that national output cannot cope with internal demand.
Hopefully this will be win-win trade for all.

China was tired of rich / middle class Chinese traveling to buy dairy products from other countries.
https://www.usdec.org/newsroom/news-releases/news-releases/news-release-11/27/2017

Nothing to do with negotiations or diplomacy

Last edited:
•••
A lot of local people, including native Americans, wanted the land returned to state also.

I hear they want to take land away from Cascade-Siskiyou also ... for timber harvesting, logging... what's the local sentiment on that?

If I lived in China and could afford to go out of the country to buy dairy products, I'd continue to do so regardless of lower local prices. China has a less-than-stellar record on food safety, to say the least.

Last edited:
•••
p.s. would like to see the sources for your quotes.
I used the link under "10 percent" in your own quote.

•••
I hear they want to take land away from Cascade-Siskiyou also ... for timber harvesting, logging... what's the local sentiment on that?

The Gov has too much control. They are our forest and should be managed locally by state and county Government.

Fed's spend too much time listening to hippies and not people who actually manage forest.

Last edited:
•••

If I lived in China and could afford to go out of the country to buy dairy products, I'd continue to do so regardless of lower local prices. China has a less-than-stellar record on food safety, to say the least.

A fire-fighter friend posted a picture on facebook with acres of trees blown over in a storm. Not really unusual because softwood trees have shallow roots.

Local's want to harvest the wood. Feds', Environmentalist want to let it lay. It will all burn when the next lightening storm comes.

We have lightening without rain EVERY year.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...IDYAhUTwWMKHVRdCBoQvwUIJigA&biw=2048&bih=1030

http://kpic.com/news/local/7-small-fires-started-by-lightning-storm-in-southern-oregon

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20170726/lightning-fades-but-fire-threat-remains-high

https://www.wfas.net/index.php/dry-lightning-experimental-products-97

Not dry but you get the idea.

Last edited:
•••

Probably more about Chinese not being able to meet demand than luxury dairy products. It's not a coincidence that US Gov has been negotiating / pressuring them to lower tariffs.

•••
Local's want to harvest the wood. Feds', Environmentalist want to let it lay. It will all burn when the next lightening storm comes.

So in this case the Feds taking land back for timber harvesting and logging is a good thing? Or are there concerns that the fed taking the land back will have negative implications for the locals? (i.e. Giving the rights to non local businesses.)

•••
So in this case the Feds taking land back for timber harvesting and logging is a good thing? Or are there concerns that the fed taking the land back will have negative implications for the locals? (i.e. Giving the rights to non local businesses.)

If you're referring to this: https://www.opb.org/news/article/cascade-siskiyou-monument-would-be-reduced-under-zinke-proposal/

"Several Oregon counties have sued the federal government, saying the expansion violates their legal right to continue collecting revenues through the logging of those O&C lands."

1) Our faux-queer Governor and Sen. Ron Wyden represent Portland's interest.

2) Expansion of park included private land.

3) Reduction of park would free that land for commercial use.

Generally Portland voters and people moving here from California like trees. Farmers, Ranchers, loggers and land owners like to sell trees.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ranchers-loggers-cascade-siskiyou-monument-expansion/

Harvesting trees is part of fire suppression. Letting them lay on the ground causes bigger fires.
http://www.hcn.org/issues/49.21/wildfire-oregonians-experiment-with-a-new-model-to-prevent-megafire

Last edited:
•••
"Zinke also said the enlarged protected area now encompasses 52,485 acres of private land; he wants Trump to revise the Cascade-Siskiyous protected area to “address impacts on private lands.”

Shorter: Landowners want back the land Feds and Portland environmentalist took.

“Secretary Zinke falsely claims the Interior Department is listening to the voices of Oregonians when it comes to the agency’s damaging, vague recommendation to close off public access to the Cascade-Siskiyou monument,” Wyden said."

Shorter: Environmentalist want to limit commercial use of private land and make it public.

•••
So Zinke is proposing in this case to cut back the protected area to give the land back to the private owners, correct? Or do locals fear it will make its way into the hands of other interests instead of reverting back to them?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Obama.

From your link:

"However, China has issued four rounds of tariff reductions on consumer goods since 2015."

Yep, thanks Obama

•••
So Zinke is proposing in this case to cut back the protected area to give the land back to the private owners, correct? Or do locals fear it will make its way into the hands of other interests instead of reverting back to them?

Private owned land won't change owners. The rules about how the land can be used will change.

I apologize for my poor writing. Want back, give back, etc.

What happens is the Border of the park changes and the rules governing land use revert back to rules used prior to the park's expansion.

Last edited:
•••
From your link:

"However, China has issued four rounds of tariff reductions on consumer goods since 2015."

Yep, thanks Obama

I admit it. Barack Obama's leadership made it possible for China to lower tariffs AND lift the DOW past 24,000 in 2017.

The day we learned Obama was leaving office, the DOW moved 250 points ( higher ). The only thing he couldn't do was help get Hillary elected.

Last edited:
•••
Here we go again...
Sailor staged racist vandalism, Navy says
A sailor who claimed someone scrawled racial slurs on his bed aboard an aircraft carrier —sparking a viral Facebook post in the process — staged the incident himself, the Navy said Friday.

Marquie Little, a 27-year-old African American seaman, posted photos to Facebook on Nov. 15 under an alias that showed his rack on the carrier George H.W. Bush covered in trash and racial slurs.

“I proudly serve the Navy and this is what I’m receiving in return,” he wrote in the post.
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/12/08/sailor-staged-racist-vandalism-navy-says/

If a white guy had done this, he would be kicked out of the Navy. This guy however will remain, according to the Navy.

Someday every time some black person cries "racism" no one will believe them

•••
What happens is the Border of the park changes and the rules governing land use revert back to rules used prior to the park's expansion.

Got it. So in that case, the locals will be happy.

For someone who just studied it a bit when he was at West Point (how many years ago??) Moore speaks damned good Russian. Maybe he made some new friends hanging out with the white supremacist groups on VK.

It's still appalling that AL is even considering electing that pedo. I think I mentioned earlier, a friend of mine knows a long-time friend of the family of the one girl - the one he displayed his junk to when she was a teenager. She's known about the incident for a long time, though it wasn't her place to say anything. She knows the family from their church, they're long time republican voters. No political axe to grind. There's every reason to believe the girl's (now woman's) story.

•••
•••
https://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/minor-refugees-a-problem-in-europe/

"So you show up in a nation without papers, and get a sort of instant citizenship by virtue of the fact that they don’t know where to deport you to. This is the stupid downside to civilization. if you abide by rules too closely, and never deviate, there are all sorts of opportunities for the rules to be exploited."

"Age assessment tests on asylum seekers in Sweden show that thousands of migrants are older than they claimed. The national forensic medicine agency started testing migrants in March after authorities expressed doubts over several applicants. Immigration agencies have since made 5,700 decisions based on the tests and relabeled 79 percent of those applicants as adults rather than children, newspaper Svenska Dagbladet reports."

•••
•••
-somebody edited their post-

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back