Domain Empire

The new Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Am I the only one longing for the previous Moniker's control panel? I bet not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Christy, real nightmare sums it up well. It's shocking to me how Moniker appears to be downplaying the magnitude of this current failure and the seriousness of its impact on businesses like yours. It's sad to see, and as you say unacceptable by today's standards of internet business.

•••
I spared myself the agony of trying to deal with things during their migration. I just logged in for the first time since the change over, some features I like and others not so much but my list appears to be intact, will be going over things in full detail throughout this week. But the security issues many of you are having is completely unacceptable. Can't help but think of looking elsewhere now.

•••
I predicted something like this someday - under the old system. Because they never fixed or even acknowledged reported bugs that were causing problems... and a lot of staff left - so sooner or later they would not be able to manage their old systems as they wouldn't even understand them.

I have almost no domains there but I need to get them all out.

•••
Any good alternative to Moniker for handling ~400 domains? Need support for DNS templates.

•••
Does anyone know how to renew domains? I am trying to add them to my shopping cart but to no avail. They really shouldn't send out emails saying they fixed the problem and that you need to renew your domains if the problem ain't fixed. Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance

•••
Does anyone know how to renew domains? I am trying to add them to my shopping cart but to no avail. They really shouldn't send out emails saying they fixed the problem and that you need to renew your domains if the problem ain't fixed. Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance
After doing as in the video I waited for about 5-10 minutes until I got confirmation mails that the domains were renewed (and they actually were).

•••
Any good alternative to Moniker for handling ~400 domains? Need support for DNS templates.

I'm not sure what you mean by DNS templates, but I like Dynadot a lot. Dynadot allows you to create folders which you can define as using specific name servers.

•••
Looks like Moniker's website is functional again. Are any of you able to log in and do something?

•••
Not to mention domainnames that go into redemption period while this all happens, and people being unable to renew. Will Moniker when they're back on track PAY redemptionfees themselves to get domains out of Redemption ?
Most likely. For sure, their (remaining) customers won't.

•••
Yep. I logged in and unlocked/requested auth codes for all of my domains :) The requests still remain pending after 1hr. I wasn't able to change the nameservers back to what they were under the old moniker. (They all got changed back to Moniker under the new moniker, except for 1 domain). After I press save changes I just get a blank screen, and nothing is changed.

•••
Looks like they are back up. My domains now how me as the owner again.

•••
I am not able to log into my account, shows the following error:-
The username and password combination you entered is incorrect. Please try again.

Also, when i click forgot password link, and key in my email + customer id, it shows the following msg:-
Please enter a valid email address and a valid customer id.

•••
time to transfer ……..fast !!

•••
Is it just me or is this new Moniker much slower than the old?

•••
•••
Yep. I logged in and unlocked/requested auth codes for all of my domains :) The requests still remain pending after 1hr.
Don't hold your breath. From my last experience, once you finally DO get the auth code and submit it to your receiving registrar, it will take no less than 7 days for the transfer to take place, during which time you will get no confirmation/update from Moniker co. whatsoever.

•••
That's what the old Moniker was like. You are only supposing the new Moniker will be the same. But either way, I can live with that provided the domains do transfer at some point.

Is it just me being dumb. I couldn't seem to make ANY bulk updates? Everything had to be done on a domain-by-domain basis.

Last edited:
•••
That transfer won't be so fast. 24 of my 26 Auth Code requests failed for no apparent reason.

•••
Never liked Moniker, but now... it looks like complete disaster.
So glad I only have one recent Snapnames drop with them.

I cant imagine how people with whole portfolios are frustrated right now...

Goodbye Moniker...

•••
i am getting very angry about this whole situation. i have wasted hours every day since this change trying to sort it out. i am still missing domains, can't unlock certain domains. so many domains have the wrong whois info, other emails or even other peoples names in it...invaild authoraztion codes given like no codes even exist for some reason. if the domain is mydomain.com, the authcode is MYDOMAIN.COM ...uh what? i am so sick of it. i just want to scream at them.

•••
After doing as in the video I waited for about 5-10 minutes until I got confirmation mails that the domains were renewed (and they actually were).

Thanks. My issue was with the lag time. It took almost a whole day for some of my renewals to go through. Ugh

•••
Is it just me being dumb. I couldn't seem to make ANY bulk updates? Everything had to be done on a domain-by-domain basis.
Some comments in Domain Name Wire indicate the same thing.

This Moniker is a far cry from the one some of us knew. SMH.

•••
Which was also terrible. But nothing like this disaster.

•••
I am not able to log into my account, shows the following error:-

Also, when i click forgot password link, and key in my email + customer id, it shows the following msg:-

Same here, anyone know why?

•••
And I thought the default view not showing expiry dates was bad enough - some of you guys are having a rough ride.

Cudos to NamePros - because this type of screw up is all to common when tech companies decide to change an interface that was working just fine. Cudos to NameCheap, they pulled it off as well.

BTW, 99% of Moniker's customers won't have a clue what is happening - they just renew their single domain every year or two.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back