IT.COM

The new Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Am I the only one longing for the previous Moniker's control panel? I bet not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not able to log into my account, shows the following error
Same here, anyone know why?

I have this problem, too. I don't know my Customer ID and can not restore the pass. Please, inform how to decide this problem, when find decition.

P.S. Sorry for my English. I am from Russia:)

Last edited:
•••
I have this problem, too. I don't know my Customer ID and can not restore the pass. Please, inform how to decide this problem, when find decition.

P.S. Sorry for my English. I am from Russia:)

Hello there,

I have found a solution to the problem.
Actually, i had one name with moniker, that i won on snapnames via backorder.

And, some days back snapnames had sent us all an email regarding the account management being shifted from Moniker to NetworkSolutions.

When I weren't able to log into my Moniker account, I gave it a try to log into the NetworkSolutions account, by first retrieving my UserId, by keying in my Email.

And then, after receiving the user id(it was same as the one i had at moniker) on my mail, i used the forget password option to proceed further.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
•••
Hello there,

I have found a solution to the problem.
Actually, i had one name with moniker, that i won on snapnames via backorder.

And, some days back snapnames had sent us all an email regarding the account management being shifted from Moniker to NetworkSolutions.

When I weren't able to log into my Moniker account, I gave it a try to log into the NetworkSolutions account, by first retrieving my UserId, by keying in my Email.

And then, after receiving the user id(it was same as the one i had at moniker) on my mail, i used the forget password option to proceed further.

Hope it helps.

Hello. Thanks for the answer.
I try to retrieve User ID on https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/forget-login.jsp, but my account was not found. Perhaps this is because I was registed account at Moniker, and not Snapnames.
Tell me please, how long is responsible from support Moniker?

•••
Hello. Thanks for the answer.
I try to retrieve User ID on https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/forget-login.jsp, but my account was not found. Perhaps this is because I was registed account at Moniker, and not Snapnames.
Tell me please, how long is responsible from support Moniker?

If you dint have a backordered name on moniker, via snapnames, this method won't work for you.

You must thoroughly search your email, to try and find out the Customer id, as moniker sends us the customer id, when we register for an account.

If you still can't find it, email them.

•••
If you dint have a backordered name on moniker, via snapnames, this method won't work for you.

You must thoroughly search your email, to try and find out the Customer id, as moniker sends us the customer id, when we register for an account.

If you still can't find it, email them.
This mail has been deleted because it got into the spam at Gmail account...

•••
This mail has been deleted because it got into the spam at Gmail account...

The only way for you then, is to contact their support team.

•••
•••
So no date on when they expect to get all this fixed I guess? Just have 1 domain missing. Won at Snap a couple of weeks ago, email said it was at Moniker, another one said those domains will be managed at NetSol. Not in my account at Netsol yet.

•••
Can someone please tell me HOW to request an Auth code at Moniker? I thought I saw it here somewhere but cannot find it.

•••
Can someone please tell me HOW to request an Auth code at Moniker? I thought I saw it here somewhere but cannot find it.
click into the domain name, check the 'advanced settings' box and you'll see it there. good luck unlocking the domain though.

•••
click into the domain name, check the 'advanced settings' box and you'll see it there. good luck unlocking the domain though.
Thanks, I mean "No kidding", that is, I hear ya. I did the unlock request already, but it keeps skipping along making me believe it's "in process". Alrighty then.

•••
Thanks, I mean "No kidding", that is, I hear ya. I did the unlock request already, but it keeps skipping along making me believe it's "in process". Alrighty then.
you can check the 'jobs' link on the lower left to see what is successful, pending or failed.

•••
I'm also having all kinds of problems renewing my domains. I used to praised Moniker before they downgrade their system. Now I just want to get all my domains out of there.

That's all I can say about this newly downgraded system.

•••
I'll add a brief snippet of my experience with the "New Moniker" : my experience thus far has been terrible.

I've been on/off here for some time now, some know why :). I am still active, just for those who may wonder.

A company I own purchased a domain name recently and had to use escrow.com because of the purchase price. The transfer "completed" according to the losing registrar, and also according to moniker (At least "old moniker"), the acquiring registrar. The problem: the domain name isn't in my account, and Moniker's customer support is telling me I have to redo the transfer, despite whois showing that the domain name is now with Moniker. Ever tried to reattempt a transfer without any info and the admin contact whois privacy that goes into the ether? They have also assured me that the problem has been fixed multiple times, but each time I've known the "fix" was merely a way to end a discussion.

Multiple unanswered support tickets, phone calls with no help and broken assurances, and I'm left over a week later with nothing to show for it. The "old Moniker" was always quick to help, and competent when doing so. The "new Moniker" has been disappointing thus far, and more than a little alarming.

•••
All my domains failed (again) on retrieving the auth codes and I'm still waiting 3 days for my support request to be answered.

•••
All my domains failed (again) on retrieving the auth codes and I'm still waiting 3 days for my support request to be answered.
strange, I just got 3 no problem

•••
Were these 3 domains won at SnapNames by any chance. All mine were won at SnapNames,

•••
Were these 3 domains won at SnapNames by any chance. All mine were won at SnapNames,
No. I figured there had to be a reason. Hmm. I know I had some there from SnapNames, but from auctions back to 2008. These were not, however. Would the older ones be affected? (I wonder)

•••
I think if you have gone through 1 renewal at Moniker, these might not have been affected by failed retrieval of Auth Codes. But I'm only guessing.

•••
then chances are they aren't really with moniker at all. look at the whois. if it references another registrar besides moniker online services and [email protected]...your domains aren't actually with moniker.

•••

Were these recent snapnames acquisitions? If so you may be stuck until the usual waiting period. Perhaps they don't provide an auth code until that time has passed. If that is the case they should be prompting you with the info so you're not left wondering.

•••
These domains are all more than 60 days old. So they are all past the usual waiting period.

•••
then chances are they aren't really with moniker at all. look at the whois. if it references another registrar besides moniker online services and [email protected]...your domains aren't actually with moniker.

This is true. But they all use the Moniker Control Panel. So this should allow me to get the Auth Codes.

•••

I'd rather this be my problem... instead, my transfer "succeeded," but not into my account. Someone at Moniker has the name, but that someone isn't me.

•••
WTF! All my Moniker domains are now showing up in the NetSol Control Panel. REALLY. These were all domains won at SnapNames and registered at Resellers. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire!@#$ They are now showing in both Moniker & Netsol Control Panels.

I guess this new Reseller Control Panel just doesn't work for Resellers?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back