IT.COM

The new Moniker

NameSilo
Watch
Am I the only one longing for the previous Moniker's control panel? I bet not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WTF! All my Moniker domains are now showing up in the NetSol Control Panel. REALLY. These were all domains won at SnapNames and registered at Resellers. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire!@#$ They are now showing in both Moniker & Netsol Control Panels.

I guess this new Reseller Control Panel just doesn't work for Resellers?
lucky you. i have a couple hundred domains that are in limbo, sure they show up in monikers control panel but they aren't with moniker or are manageable by moniker (all actions fail) but they aren't in my netsol control panel...sucks.

•••
•••
I've just sold a domain that's registered at Moniker and the buyer wishes to transfer out. The domain is more than 60 days old. I've unlocked the domain and provided the auth. code. The buyer started the transfer to their GoDaddy account. I've just received an email from the buyer:

transfer was rejected. Dear,

Your request to transfer the domain name xxxx.com has failed for the following reason(s):

The registry rejected the transfer request due to an ineligible domain status.

The domain is showing as unlocked in my control panel but is showing as ClientTransferProhibited when I just checked in the whois. I don't even know if a push will work based on some of the other comments in this thread.

Edit: I locked the domain in my control panel and then unlocked it again and it's now showing as 'ok' when checking the whois. Hopefully the domain will now transfer successfully.

Last edited:
•••
I've just sold a domain that's registered at Moniker and the buyer wishes to transfer out. The domain is more than 60 days old. I've unlocked the domain and provided the auth. code. The buyer started the transfer to their GoDaddy account. I've just received an email from the buyer:

transfer was rejected. Dear,

Your request to transfer the domain name xxxx.com has failed for the following reason(s):

The registry rejected the transfer request due to an ineligible domain status.

The domain is showing as unlocked in my control panel but is showing as ClientTransferProhibited when I just checked in the whois. I don't even know if a push will work based on some of the other comments in this thread.
here is what you should do. in your control panel, check the box beside the domain, and then in the drop down box near the top left area select unlock. and then submit to confirm it. you might have to do this a couple of times before it actually works. even if the domain shows as unlocked in your control panel, this seems to mean nothing but doing what i suggested worked for me and others.

•••
I cant find my domain in the Moniker panel.
I had won that domain in snapnames auction which landed in moniker 4 months back.
Now its not in moniker.
have raised ticket with moniker.
God what a mess.

•••
I am not able to login at Moniker with my old data.
Also the "forgot password" module doesn't work.
Any idea?

•••
@yogiDomain - Do you have a NetSol Account. If you won this domain SnapNames, you might check NetSol out. I found all but one of my domains in both NetSol and Moniker Control Panels. At Netsol, I can unlock these domains and request an auth code. The domains are at Resellers. So it'll take 5 days before I know if I'll get the Auth Code or a blank code.

•••
I am not able to login at Moniker with my old data.
Also the "forgot password" module doesn't work.
Any idea?
Hello, you have to call Moniker and ask them your new ID giving some information => your emailaddress, domains that you registerred and the phonenumber attached to your old accountprofile. Then you can ask to send you a"reset password" email to your emailaddress. You better call with the phone that's in the whois, so they know for certain that it's you

And in case you haven't phonenumber anymore of Moniker =>
As the new moniker isn't visible anymore for a while, I don't see their phonenumber either.
But i found this in a 2 year old thread on Namepros=>

Contact us by phone any day of the week.
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: +1 800-688-6311
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 954-607-1294

Monday through Friday
7:00am to 8:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
4:00am to 5:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
11:00am to 12:00 Midnight UTC

Saturday and Sunday
8:00am to 6:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
5:00am to 3:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
Noon to 10:00pm UTC

But in the phone 6 days ago they told me that they now are there 24/24 because they are getting so much calls....

Last edited:
•••
8 days later and I have NOT been refunded for renewals that were charged on the 2nd. 2 days ago, my entire domain list changed to renew at expiration despite more than half of my domains being set to delete at expiration (So I can control what gets renewed). And I cannot change it.

I have 2 transfers that are failing as these domains are locked despite showing unlocked in my account. The domains were not snapnames acquisitions. I have done all of the suggested "tricks" and still the domains are locked and fail. I have at least 2 domains in my account that I let expire years ago.

I have had only 2 support tickets answered out of many. And support does not include the original message in their reply. So it is next to impossible to figure out what is going on. And right now, cannot even login to network solutions:

We're sorry but we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again or select from the options below.

•••
8 days later and I have NOT been refunded for renewals that were charged on the 2nd. 2 days ago, my entire domain list changed to renew at expiration despite more than half of my domains being set to delete at expiration (So I can control what gets renewed). And I cannot change it.

I have 2 transfers that are failing as these domains are locked despite showing unlocked in my account. The domains were not snapnames acquisitions. I have done all of the suggested "tricks" and still the domains are locked and fail. I have at least 2 domains in my account that I let expire years ago.

I have had only 2 support tickets answered out of many. And support does not include the original message in their reply. So it is next to impossible to figure out what is going on. And right now, cannot even login to network solutions:

We're sorry but we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again or select from the options below.

About the domains that aren't refunded => I can't adivse you, probably you must have had a creditcard on file of Moniker.
I didn't. I always payed by paypal.
Now I do the same. However, when I add 25 USD it isn't "immediately" on my accountbalance there.

About your problem about "renew at expiration" => They won't renew at expiration if there isn't a creditcard attached to your account. So change this. Change the option for payment to "pay by bank wire transfer" or something, and delete all creditcards on file. Then no domain will be renewed automatically.
You will stay able to renew by paypal.(it can take 24 hours processing untill money is on your Monikerbalance).

About your domains that you can't transfer for the moment and maybe risk loosing : Pay 25 USD with paypal and renew them.(use "renew immediately.with each name...it will take 24 hours or less and they will be renewed).

•••

About the domains that aren't refunded => I can't adivse you, probably you must have had a creditcard on file of Moniker.
I didn't. I always payed by paypal.
Now I do the same. However, when I add 25 USD it isn't "immediately" on my accountbalance there.

About your problem about "renew at expiration" => They won't renew at expiration if there isn't a creditcard attached to your account. So change this. Change the option for payment to "pay by bank wire transfer" or something, and delete all creditcards on file. Then no domain will be renewed automatically.
You will stay able to renew by paypal.(it can take 24 hours processing untill money is on your Monikerbalance) , manually.

•••
No response to my support ticket and it's been almost 48 hours. I've unlocked the domain (and the whois does actually show the domain is unlocked this time, unlike the first time when it showed as unlocked in my control panel but actually was still locked) and provided the auth. code to the buyer. I've received no email though from Moniker to accept/decline the transfer request. I receive this email from all other registrars (even those that also don't allow expedited transfers). Does anyone happen to know if this is the norm at the new Moniker, i.e. they don't send this email and transfer automatically completes after 6 days?

•••
No. I figured there had to be a reason. Hmm. I know I had some there from SnapNames, but from auctions back to 2008. These were not, however. Would the older ones be affected? (I wonder)

This was the official email that i had received from snapnames, quoting the first para here:-

We are pleased to announce that starting today domain names acquired at SnapNames® after February 28th through a SnapNames registrar credential, will now be managed through the Network Solutions interface (our sister company, also owned by Web.com).

•••
No response to my support ticket and it's been almost 48 hours. I've unlocked the domain (and the whois does actually show the domain is unlocked this time, unlike the first time when it showed as unlocked in my control panel but actually was still locked) and provided the auth. code to the buyer. I've received no email though from Moniker to accept/decline the transfer request. I receive this email from all other registrars (even those that also don't allow expedited transfers). Does anyone happen to know if this is the norm at the new Moniker, i.e. they don't send this email and transfer automatically completes after 6 days?
All I know is this was the norm with the OLD Moniker -- sit and wait it out. Can you tell me, for your unlocked domain, in Whois does it show as "Ok" or instead as "Client delete prohibited." ?

•••
This was the official email that i had received from snapnames, quoting the first para here:-

We are pleased to announce that starting today domain names acquired at SnapNames® after February 28th through a SnapNames registrar credential, will now be managed through the Network Solutions interface (our sister company, also owned by Web.com).
what they failed to mention is that ALL domains caught via snapname registrars are being moved. i have access to the ones acquired after that date at my netsol account but the hundreds i acquired months, years before, not there and no answers from snapnames as to when they will be. they say they don't know yet...

•••
All I know is this was the norm with the OLD Moniker -- sit and wait it out. Can you tell me, for your unlocked domain, in Whois does it show as "Ok" or instead as "Client delete prohibited." ?
Thanks for your help. It's showing as 'ok' this time, unlike the first time when it was showing ClientTransferProhibited' despite being unlocked in my control panel.

•••
I seem to be the only one here where domains won at SnapNames which first went to Moniker but are now showing up at both Moniker and NetSol. The whois is showing them at the Reseller (at NetSol). These are all domains which should have been, and were, at Moniker, before the SnapNames changeover cutoff, to NetSol.

It's weird, IMHO.

•••
I have one SnapNames domain that's not in my Moniker account or any of my NetworkSolutions accounts. I'm still waiting for a reply to my previous ticket so don't see any point of opening another.

This is not only weird, but massively inconvenient. I already have one domain that I've sold that I'm crossing my fingers for a successful transfer to the buyer. This one I'm going to have to withdraw from sale completely until I'm able to track it down.

I won't be purchasing from Moniker again any time soon.

•••
I already have one domain that I've sold that I'm crossing my fingers for a successful transfer to the buyer. This one I'm going to have to withdraw from sale completely until I'm able to track it down.

I won't be purchasing from Moniker again any time soon.
I have one domain transferring out that Moniker claims will process by June 12. Let's compare notes?

•••
•••
OK. 2 of my Moniker (not reseller) domains transferred fine after 6 days. I have 1 other Moniker domain with a transfer in progress. All the remaining domains are with Resellers, which I cannot retrieve the Auth Codes for, which I'm hoping I can deal with using the NetSol interface, but I'm waiting for them to unlock my account after a name correction. But NetSol themselves are also a pain to deal with when transferring a domain away. But will keep you informed.

•••
Did everyone else that still uses Sedo get the email from Sedo to say domains on Sedo's MLS do not appear at Moniker and Moniker domains do not appear on MLS until further notice?

It says this:

Dear Customer,

Moniker, one of our SedoMLS Premium registrars, upgraded their systems recently
which causes SedoMLS to be temporarily unavailable. This change will affect both
listing Moniker registered domains on the SedoMLS network and SedoMLS domains
sold at Moniker.

We will notify you again when they are back online. Thank you for your
understanding.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
I appreciate the reply. Am leery to delete the payment option. Because at any moment, Moniker can decide to reset passwords, lock you out of your account, make funding it impossible and take your domains. Which is what happened last year. Could not remember the security question after their reset, so they had to send it by mail. The address was not up to date (as they demanded faxed documents and it was not worth the time). Stayed locked out for 3 months, the funds in the account ran out, they auctioned off 6 domains at snapnames and there was not a thing to be done about it.

Regarding my transfers, finally after many days and literally about 30 times unlocking, I managed to get them unlocked. My goal is to move domains away from Moniker. Domains are not safe there. It does not matter the cost of renewal if names disappear, appear to be in your account but really aren't, are there but you cannot manage them, cannot get codes for transfer out if sold, etc.

I can literally manage over 1000 names at godaddy at the same time in less than a minute. It takes days at moniker.

Support not replying to 9 day old tickets. I was watching a few auctions the other day and did not participate as the domains were located at moniker. No normal human wants to deal with this mess. So the sooner moved the better.

•••
The thing with declining institutions is that everyone who remembers 'the good old days' hangs around until the floor finally breaks out from underneath them, too. Writing has been on the wall with this company for quite some time. I popped smoke on them a couple years ago and why?

Because that writing on the wall, I'd seen before with Registerfly. Whether they ultimately get their shit together or not, I don't know, I still have a tiny handful of names in there for whatever reason but this is precisely why when the 'parent company' scandals hit and the ex CEO flees to Israel, I'm not entrusting anything to whatever wreckage is left over.

•••
I am here also very sad to the New Moniker...

I initiated to transfer my domain. 50usd.com, to moniker on May 29th, few days before they shut down the old moniker and launch the terrible new one.

As expected, Godaddy soon send me a mail to confirm that the domain has been transferred to moniker successfully.

However, the domain is NOT in my moniker account till today after 12 days! Whois search says it with Moniker, but NO registrant registration. https://whois.domaintools.com/50usd.com

I tried to contact moniker to fix this when the new site be online through it is online support ticket system. Now I have submitted 3 tickets already but NONE of moniker guy contact me give any response or fix this issue, except got 3 auto send mails from moniker to tell me that they have created a ticket number for this.

My 3 tickets No. are: 2014060310009814, 2014060510009132, 2014061010006385

I don't want to call their support number because of it cost me about $2 per minute for a international distant call (I am from China and the IDD call is stupid expensive), and I am sure I need to listen music in the telephone for 5 - 6 minutes before can speak to some live person.

Do anybody know is there a rep from Moniker in the forum? Or what else workable way I can try to find somebody from moniker to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

————————————————————————————————————

Updates on June 16th:

My transfer domain now is in my account.

Hope moniker would really go smoothly from now

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back