IT.COM

The new Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Am I the only one longing for the previous Moniker's control panel? I bet not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When is this upgrade supposed to be done? All I keep seeing is the homepage with a message on it with no ability to access my account.

•••
Can't even get logged into Moniker, some blurb page
about a failed release and no access...

•••
Can't even get logged into Moniker, some blurb page
about a failed release and no access...

Yes, that is what I have seen all this time. This pisses me off as my developmental domains are there. So if I need to make any nameserver changes & such, I am unable to do so. This is completely unacceptable!

•••
Custerf**k of epic proportions.

Some developer(s) somewhere is in a world of trouble right now.

•••
I'd rather they are offline than not working correctly. It's more frustrating and imho they are a huge security risk until this is fixed. Personally I think security wise they just reached a trust factor of ZERO.

•••
Moniker now offline. All operations will be resumed at 9:00 am (EDT)

•••
Moniker now offline. All operations will be resumed at 9:00 am (EDT)

9:00am on which day - I still have that excuse page.

•••
Apparently Moniker's unveiling of their all new "Moniker Experience" website last weekend didn't work out so well. Their site is now down completely as they try to fix it. There is no contact information on the page.

I found out there were problems when a couple of whois results showed my domains with another owner. If you have domains registered at Moniker, you'd better check them. All of my .com and .net domains were okay, but .info, .org and .biz showed up as all belonging to the same person, someone named Bonnie Wittenburg, who must work for Moniker since she has a moniker corp e-mail address (that I'm about to use).

•••
•••
look like some maintenance there. right!

•••
What the $!@#

Really getting out of my mind. First they mess up with the domain name and it ends up on snapnames and now cannot even contact them.

Really BS.

Even a newbie can just revert it back to the old system until they fix the issues out.

•••
•••
What the $!@#

Really getting out of my mind. First they mess up with the domain name and it ends up on snapnames and now cannot even contact them.

Really BS.

Even a newbie can just revert it back to the old system until they fix the issues out.
easier to put back old site than to build that apology page

•••
I've received no reply to my e-mail. Not surprised. Does anyone have a phone number for Moniker support?

•••
As the new moniker isn't visible anymore for a while, I don't see their phonenumber.
But i found this in a 2 year old thread on Namepros=>

Contact us by phone any day of the week.
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: +1 800-688-6311
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 954-607-1294

Monday through Friday
7:00am to 8:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
4:00am to 5:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
11:00am to 12:00 Midnight UTC

Saturday and Sunday
8:00am to 6:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
5:00am to 3:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
Noon to 10:00pm UTC

•••
Yeah, Moniker screwed up big time by migrating over to the Key-Systems platform (June 1st). They are going to loose a lot of customers because of this. Although the site platform and features were nice, not being able to access domains is costing a lot of loss in revenue for the customers.

•••
Not to mention domainnames that go into redemption period while this all happens, and people being unable to renew. Will Moniker when they're back on track PAY redemptionfees themselves to get domains out of Redemption ?

ANYHOW I LOOKED FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HERE AN ADVICE=> LOOK TO THIS ARTICLE => IT HAS 110 (!) COMMENTS in 2 days (so scroll DOWN to se the comments) =>
http://domainnamewire.com/2014/06/02/the-new-moniker-love-it-or-hate-it/

•••
What about domainnames that go into redemption period while this all happens, and people being unable to renew. Will Moniker when they're back on track PAY redemptionfees themselves to get domains out of Redemption ?

ANYHOW I LOOKED FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HERE AN ADVICE=> LOOK TO THIS ARTICLE => IT HAS 110 (!) COMMENTS in 2 days (so scroll DOWN there to see the comments) =>
http://domainnamewire.com/2014/06/02/the-new-moniker-love-it-or-hate-it/

•••
And for those who don't have phonenumber anymore of Moniker =>
As the new moniker isn't visible anymore for a while, I don't see their phonenumber either.
But i found this in a 2 year old thread on Namepros=>

Contact us by phone any day of the week.
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: +1 800-688-6311
Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 954-607-1294

Monday through Friday
7:00am to 8:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
4:00am to 5:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
11:00am to 12:00 Midnight UTC

Saturday and Sunday
8:00am to 6:00pm US Eastern Standard Time
5:00am to 3:00pm US Pacific Standard Time
Noon to 10:00pm UTC

But in the phone 2 days ago they told me that they now are there 24/24 because they are getting so much calls....

•••
that blog is horrible, they wouldn't plublish my comments. Probably because I swore. I guess they don't want to offend any 8 years olds reading and blog about the domain name business.

•••
My newest problem I'm finding with moniker to add to the 10 other more important problems is that their privacy emails no longer work. They don't forward, they just bounce. They changed them to some extremely long format that give a new email every refresh.

•••
Being a customer with 16 domains at Moniker. . yeah, they lost a LOT of customers, including us, not just because we've been down since last week, they have had HORRIBLE handling of the whole situation. Our problems started weeks ago when for some odd reason, our email forwarding was "undone" and we lost a good day or two's worth of email before we discovered the problem. Then, we were given incorrect information on changing some settings and it took two or three days to get that straightened out (and several levels of tech support to figure out WHY those settings weren't working).

Now, since last Friday, we again lost our email forwarding and our domain direction, so basically, all of my business email for several days has been rejected by Moniker as invalid email addresses, my website goes nowhere, I can't log in and make the changes myself, I finally was able to get some of my emails forwarded before they went down totally, but who knows HOW many vendor invoices and quotes I lost, how many customer emails and bids I lost, much less who knows what other important emails we don't even know had attempted to come in. I sat on hold for 1/2 hr or more at a time, numerous times since last Friday, to finally receive a message that no one was available to answer my call, and this morning when, for the first time, I actually had a live person come on, she informed me that the site was down since yesterday (liar, we've had problems since last Friday) and that there simply was nothing anyone could do about ANY of this. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I know 16 domains is a pittance to many people, but a couple of them are important for active running businesses and it has created a real nightmare for us. I need to find someplace to register my domains where I can direct the domain in one direction and all email to that domain in another, that will not continually lose our emails.

•••
I just got logged in, it's all different and please note YOUR CUSTOMER number has changed :(

•••
They are online again but their security stinks. The portfolio maxlock is not in place. I can change DNS and password on the account without my additional security options. Unacceptable.

•••
I just got logged in, it's all different and please note YOUR CUSTOMER number has changed :(
Woah. This just gets worse and worse. The inadequacy is almost unfathomable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back