Domain Empire

marketplace The new Afternic BIN lander chatbot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zomainhacks

Top Member
Impact
I have mixed feelings about it and I think it would be nice having the option of turning it off .

@GoDaddy do you have data showing it drives more sales?

1690170207480.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have mixed feelings about it and I think it would be nice having the option of turning it off .

Show attachment 243380

You should have mixed feelings about it.

I'm willing to bet it drives more sales away.

I was testing a few names tonight on mobile devices and that chat was relentless to the point I said to myself, "This is absurd, I feel sorry for anyone who uses these landers."

The chat seemed to be on "auto-load," and there wasn't anyway to close it out. (Not even after going through the questions.)

It glitched and froze up! Shocker, right?!

It's the truth. I had to force close the browser in order to close the chat.

I just wanted to see the domain and the price.

In the end I saw neither, which is how I assume the experience will be for any potential buyer.

If you ask me, it's a monumental fail.

•••
You should have mixed feelings about it.

I'm willing to bet it drives more sales away.

I was testing a few names tonight on mobile devices and that chat was relentless to the point I said to myself, "This is absurd, I feel sorry for anyone who uses these landers."

The chat seemed to be on "auto-load," and there wasn't anyway to close it out. (Not even after going through the questions.)

It glitched and froze up! Shocker, right?!

It's the truth. I had to force close the browser in order to close the chat.

I just wanted to see the domain and the price.

In the end I saw neither, which is how I assume the experience will be for any potential buyer.

If you ask me, it's a monumental fail.
it looks like an alpha version, also the bot is too much dumb for todays standards imo

•••

Show attachment 243380

Well spotted! Live chat is our latest test, something that has been deployed for a couple of weeks. It gives potential buyers the opportunity to talk directly to our Afternic brokers.

We can't share any data, but live chat on a landing page can be an impactful addition, providing an immediate connection for a potential buyer. We'll continue to test further iterations of live chat in the future!

•••
•••
•••
That’s not good. People don’t want to talk to a machine.

•••
We can't share any data, but live chat on a landing page can be an impactful addition, providing an immediate connection for a potential buyer. We'll continue to test further iterations of live chat in the future!
Did you A/B tested it and found out it drives a better conversion rate?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back