Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think cruise.me went for more than $25k. Has anyone got the full results?

•••
Cruise.me went out on top at $28.5k!

The rest of the bunch:

air.me 10099
malta.me 8100
legal.me 8100
restaurant.me 6618
files.me 5500
japan.me 5269
oil.me 5000
sydney.me 3109
777.me 2900
magazine.me 2459
singles.me 2350
trucks.me 2213
camera.me 2160
lottery.me 2150
cab.me 1900
florist.me 1650
wireless.me 1610
apartments.me 1550
mall.me 1550
melbourne.me 1509
jokes.me 1450
cricket.me 1400
airlines.me 1301
dates.me 1200
electronics.me 1103
losangeles.me 1100
tool.me 1060
boats.me 1000
graduate.me 995
police.me 949
creditcheck.me 901
truck.me 900
luck.me 900
999.me 875
traveling.me 870
private.me 860
traffic.me 859
wines.me 859
dvd.me 800
debt.me 800
commerce.me 759
contactlenses.me 749
wifi.me 709
body.me 700
venturecapital.me 700
culture.me 695
telephone.me 650
personals.me 650
brisbane.me 609
websitehosting.me 600
karaoke.me 600
444.me 575
sap.me 559
rugby.me 559
blue.me 555
555.me 549
datarecovery.me 510
camp.me 509
adoptions.me 499
cellphones.me 499
mathematics.me 499
searchengine.me 499
tunes.me 499
parents.me 499
steel.me 499
yearbook.me 499
dsl.me 499
ratings.me 499
tours.me 499
celeb.me 499
scientist.me 499
ant.me 499
computers.me 499
sofa.me 499
wrestling.me 499
rap.me 499
can.me 499
computer.me 499
webhost.me 499
houses.me 499
skin.me 499
laptop.me 499
camping.me 499
fall.me 499
airline.me 499
trees.me 499
greeting.me 499
way.me 499
winter.me 499
language.me 499
table.me 499
chatroom.me 499
continue.me 499
medication.me 499
seniors.me 499

Courtesy: ElliotsBlog

•••
"Cruise.me went out on top at $28.5k!"

Nice sale, looking forward to see what gets put up.

"japan.me 5269"

That's the one I was looking at last auction. There were too many going on at the same time and I missed it and you could have it it for $650 last auction. Remember this auction were all the leftovers, domains that didn't sell during the previous .me registry auctions at Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Cruise.me

Interesting to note that the top selling name in this auction, Cruise.me, was re-auctioned after the deal apparently fell through after the December auction when it only sold for $7,076.

Source= NameTalent.com

•••
According to this website, Air.me sold for $999 in last years auction. Did the deal fall through?

•••
It's interesting to see some domains what they went for previous auctions and not sold and what they went for today.

legal.me went unsold for $800, sold today for $8,100
restaurant.me went unsold for $700, sold today for $6,618
japan.me went unsold for $650, sold today for $5,269
999.me went unsold for $100, sold today for $875

etc

Interesting to note that the top selling name in this auction, Cruise.me, was re-auctioned after the deal apparently fell through after the December auction when it only sold for $7,076.

Source= NameTalent.com

Yeah, see some other ones like that, like Cricket.me, which that one site says sold for cricket.me ($2,550, 36) but then went for $1,400 today. I like that one.

Last edited:
•••
I sense some very big sales in the near future with this extension.

Everything is lining up for a profitable future for the .me investor. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

IMHO

•••
I sense some very big sales in the near future with this extension.

Everything is lining up for a profitable future for the .me investor. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

IMHO

Overall, I see these results as marginal. Premium keywords in some cases but not necessarily good fits for .me IMO nad the prices reflect that.

•••
Overall, I see these results as marginal. Premium keywords in some cases but not necessarily good fits for .me IMO nad the prices reflect that.

These percentage increases are marginal?

The extension has been around for a few years now so I think it has passed the initiation phase.

I would say these results are not marginal.

IMO

•••
I purchased Parents.me in yesterdays auction. I think at $499 it is a good investment.

By the way, if there are any sports fans and .me fans out there I'm the co-founder of a fully developed and rocking .me site. SportsFan.me

Check it out!

•••
I won 8 names

Commerce.me
Files.me
Luck.me
Magazine.me
Personals.me
Singles.me
Private.me
Traveling.me

•••
The word is that Interest.me just recently sold for $80,000.

If this is true, it's another amazing sale for the extension.

I still feel that this is all just the beginning to a very bright future for .me

•••
Interesting to note that the top selling name in this auction... was re-auctioned after the deal apparently fell through after the December auction when it only sold for...
I've seen this happen frequently and in certain cases auctions in which I participated and lost by a very small amount. I am certain many of these remain in the same "network or community" until the shilling is successful.

•••
These percentage increases are marginal?

The extension has been around for a few years now so I think it has passed the initiation phase.

I would say these results are not marginal.

IMO
IMO something is fishy here... I don't trust in 100% Sedo and just to add to the info you provided, I can tell that for example, lottery.me sold for 2150$ right? So how come it was there for everybody just to pick it up for 596$ in Sedo by the registrar itself? I checked before domaintools.com WHOIS and there it was, for sell for 596$. So why should someone pay more? MMMM.... Fishy. A conspiracy :). BTW I own a few .me as well so believe me that I want .me to become a super TLD.

•••
There was a report on BBC recently that Montenegro is a mafia state. I won't be surprised if there were some systematic shill biddings.

Unfortunately this is the case with almost all the extensions, especially .com. Sometimes the whole business of domaining appears sleazy to me.

•••
There was a report on BBC recently that Montenegro is a mafia state....

...I dunno where you been, Jawed, but it's just a fact of life that EVERY state has it's organized crime, some more than others but no state is free from their own version of the outfit.

Domaining to me is no "sleazier" than any other business...

•••
...I dunno where you been, Jawed, but it's just a fact of life that EVERY state has it's organized crime, some more than others but no state is free from their own version of the outfit.

Domaining to me is no "sleazier" than any other business...

Unfortunately "sleaze" oozes into all arenas. I've worked in education, healthcare, entertainment, bioinformatics, government, and sleaze is omnipresent. However, I think domaining has created that impression, based primarily on the actions of cybersquatters and individuals who create few products or none with their domains. I own a nice portfolio of names, yet I've launched only 12 well-coded sites for these domains (which is not really fair, I suppose)

As far as Montenegro, I highly recommend visiting this country, as the landscape is magical, the people quite congenial, and vibrant culture. One of its neighboring countries, Croatia has become a great expat retirement place and a hot spot for tourism.

I'm pleased with the rising prices of the .me names, and I wish that I would have participated, as there was one name that I wanted, for development purposes, legal.me, but I have so many names that I'm developing now or will be/

•••
IMO something is fishy here... I don't trust in 100% Sedo and just to add to the info you provided, I can tell that for example, lottery.me sold for 2150$ right? So how come it was there for everybody just to pick it up for 596$ in Sedo by the registrar itself? I checked before domaintools.com WHOIS and there it was, for sell for 596$. So why should someone pay more? MMMM.... Fishy. A conspiracy :). BTW I own a few .me as well so believe me that I want .me to become a super TLD.

Probably bad or old info. Those were registry domains and they didn't have any up for sale at Sedo. After the last auction someone mentioned they had them up for sale but not really, they were just taking offers and never replying to any of them. I tried on a couple, over reserve and never got a reply.

•••
Probably bad or old info. Those were registry domains and they didn't have any up for sale at Sedo. After the last auction someone mentioned they had them up for sale but not really, they were just taking offers and never replying to any of them. I tried on a couple, over reserve and never got a reply.

I bid on on of those a while ago between auctions and got no reply, but just before the latest auction I got a message telling me the name would be on auction again. So I guess they were just fishing for future bidders.

•••
Got mindfuck.me. I guess will develop it as a mindfucking site :) (pictures, videos, stories, etc).

And Montenegro is a small and beautiful country. Shill bids - they are from everywhere and are not specific to .ME domains.

•••

I have a question about premium .me domains (domains designated as "premium" by the registry).

When they expire, do they normally go back to the .me registry for resale?

If sold, do they then keep the premium designation?

What about renewal fees on premiums? Reg fee or premium fee?

This is not clear to me.

I just wonder if anyone has had any experience with this.

Thanks!

•••
I think the "Premium Marked" domains are those domains being auctioned in Premium Auctions - By the .me registry - and doesn't generally mean that they are of a better quality that other non-marked premium .me domains. In fact, many non-marked domains are currently better than those marked as premium.

Renewal fees are the same as of non-premium.

Thanks,
~Rami

•••
Remedy.me vs. Remedies.me

Does anyone have any thoughts / valuations on which has more use and is worth more?

remedy.me
remedies.me

thanks!!!

•••
•••
Looking to sell the domain hack LunchTi.me .. Any idea on value? Where I could find someone interested?
Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back