Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The Government of Montenegro recognized the potential worldwide appeal that .ME could have and decided it should be operated as a generic name space to gain the maximum benefit for Montenegro. The Government issued a public RFP in November 2007. The goal of the RFP was to find a Registration Agent that could operate an international registry, provide world class backend registry services, and provide the marketing and promotional muscle needed to make .ME a worldwide success. Ultimately, we believe they made an excellent choice!

The contract was awarded to doMEn, d.o.o., a Montenegro based joint venture (doing business as .ME Registry) whose partners are Afilias Limited, GoDaddy.com, Inc., and ME-net d.o.o.

Landrush will start June 6 till June 26, domain names with more than 2 applications will go into Auction.

Go Live on July 17.

SO, what do you all think about the coming .me?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It didn't meet reserve at auction and from checking, afterwards, they put those domains up at Sedo at Make Offer.

Good luck, hope you get it!

•••
Good luck, hope you get it!

I didn't, just went past the 7 days. Made a few offers a week ago, no reply. The 2 that I won at the auction, got those last week sometime, went pretty fast. I know my offer is binding for 7 days, I guess they can always come back and make a counter offer or something, but doesn't like they've been doing that.

•••
Have any of you that won .me names in the last premium SEDO .ME auction, which concluded on Feb 9, received your domains.

I won and paid and still have not received mine, and I wish to start developing immediately.

thank you

•••
Have any of you that won .me names in the last premium SEDO .ME auction, which concluded on Feb 9, received your domains.

I won and paid and still have not received mine, and I wish to start developing immediately.

thank you

Yep, received both of mine within a week of payment.

•••
Picked up Rode.me and woken.me hand-regs

•••

thank you

I also received mine last week. What registar did you request the transfer to? That may be your problem.

•••
I also received mine last week. What registar did you request the transfer to? That may be your problem.

Actually, SEDO has contacted the .me registry 2 times to initiate the transfer.

I have no idea why there's a delay.

•••
Actually, SEDO has contacted the .me registry 2 times to initiate the transfer.

I have no idea why there's a delay.

Its possible that the auction has caused a feeding frenzy of hand reg and account transfers for .me domains. They might just be backed up. I feel your pain though. I recently had to wait a month to get Sedo to finish a transfer. And they are so easy to get in touch with....NOT

•••
•••
wedding.me 1,050 USD
software.me 1,850 USD
usa.me 9,xxx USD
bag.me 1,451 USD
who.me 8,277 USD
venture.me 2,550 USD
stocks.me 6,399 USD
forex.me 16,099 USD

today at sedo

•••
Bitly buys a .Me

Aha, well, a godaddy domain agent broker purchased one of my .Me on behalf of an anonymous client. It had to go through escrow.com, and they did reveal a name, only it turns out, no_url_shorteners bought it!

•••
So far this year I've only picked up three:

Sex Life
Clipping
Free Sample

Getting tougher to find good .me drops :(

•••
Aha, well, a godaddy domain agent broker purchased one of my .Me on behalf of an anonymous client. It had to go through escrow.com, and they did reveal a name, only it turns out, no_url_shorteners bought it!

Can you tell us which name they bought?

•••
•••

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

wondering the same thing. thanks for asking :)

awes.me

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

good to see another big end user buy .me

•••
•••
Does it means that .me registry now buying back some of the key domains they forget to reserve?????

No, these were all reserved in the first place and the .ME registry recently sold them. The current whois info on these haven't changed on most, cause as states previously in this Thread, transfer takes a bit longer as usual.

•••
how about Romantics.me ?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
No, these were all reserved in the first place and the .ME registry recently sold them. The current whois info on these haven't changed on most, cause as states previously in this Thread, transfer takes a bit longer as usual.

Buyers didn't change whois info.

•••
•••
Wow, thanks a lot defaultuser!! godaddymobile.com works perfectly!

•••
Refinancing.me sold for $1439 @ Bido.

•••
Just registered TheBigApple.me

•••
•••
What inspired you to register this name?

Do you grow apples?

Guess he's thinking along the lines of New York City AKA "The Big Apple". Not a name I'd consider for a .ME domain, but best of luck with whatever you try to do with it ^^

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back