IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a pretty big drop in price btw
If the first winner didn't pay, then the correct price is the price paid by the winner the second time around.

That is not a drop in price,

Jmho.

•••
Average sale prices on eBay continue to fall. Here's an analysis of trends over the past seven months. I've excluded domains selling for more than $100 as I consider them outliers on eBay. All averages below are based on trendlines calculated from weekly figures, so smoothing out irregularities.

Mean prices have fallen over the last 7 months at an average rate of about $1.46 a month, a total of $10.20 over the period. The trend was a drop from $23.55 to $13.35, which is a drop of 55% based on the midpoint.

The average drop over the last 3 months was about $1.57 a month.

The best week of the period was November week 2 with a mean price of $28.47, while the worst week was May week 2 with a mean price of $12.82.

Monthly means were -

November $23.25
December $20.14
January $21.41
February $20.13
March $17.47
April $14.83
May $13.39

So apart from a temporary recovery in January, it's been downhill all the way since November.

Average remaining registration continued to fall. The overall November-March average was about 7.7 months, April's was about 4.3 months and May's was about 4.0 months. This fall accounts for about 41 cents of the monthly price drop, bringing the effective price drop down to $1.05 a month.

Monthly sales volume has increased considerably over the period, by an average 55 domains a month, against a monthly average of 519 for the whole period. However, it's debatable whether sales volume has a direct influence on mean prices. The data I have so far are inconclusive on this.

My thanks again to Nem0 (Daniel) for gathering and posting the sales figures on which this analysis was based.

•••
Mean prices have fallen over the last 7 months at an average rate of about $1.46 a month
Unless its the exact same domains which are sold every month, your entire statistical analysis has one major error - domain quality.

Also, its been proved time and again that the venue, timing and obviously quality of domain make a major difference to the sale price.

One letter different creates an entirely new domain set, tough to qualify your 'price fall' with that. In fact I'll add to this - as we get closer to Dec, the quality of drops will also decrease as these were the last to be registered in any case.

•••
Unless its the exact same domains which are sold every month, your entire statistical analysis has one major error - domain quality.

Also, its been proved time and again that the venue, timing and obviously quality of domain make a major difference to the sale price.

One letter different creates an entirely new domain set, tough to qualify your 'price fall' with that. In fact I'll add to this - as we get closer to Dec, the quality of drops will also decrease as these were the last to be registered in any case.

Before posting I did a detailed check on average domain quality over the 7 month period and, apart from the decrease in remaining registration, average quality has been pretty static over the period. Therefore I didn't mention that in my post.

The venue was eBay throughout so that can be ignored. My figures only apply to eBay sales, not LLLL price trends as a whole.

I agree that timing is an issue, but only for individual sales. Since my analysis was based on several hundred sales a month, I think we can assume that factor has been averaged out.

These figures show a steady fall over the past 7 months, not just a few minor variations.

•••
Today on TDNX:

wfkz $25
vtbu $25
ivur $111
iqyi $20
ijxi $20
govq $35
renewals have been added

•••
Thanks for that. Might help explain the price level.

Wahe Guruji ka khalsa, wahe guruji ki fateh.

;)

Everything has a meaning.

•••
Glabnet has a tool on LLLY.net which I use to get exact details on the quality of LLLL.coms -- it makes it much easier to compare different periods of time, as it breaks every single domain down into different categories based on how many premium letters there are - it even breaks down how many domains have semi-premium or bad letters, so you can run some interesting comparisons, such as LLLL.coms with 2 premium and 2 semi-premium versus LLLL.coms with 3 premium and 1 bad.

Prices at the minimum are certainly down on eBay -- I experienced that when some of mine didn't even get $0.99 bids. I just closed a $1500 escrow on 238 "bad" ones today, as well as selling another 112 later today for $500. On both occasions, the buyers were Chinese domainers and all the domains they bought would be consider good LLLL.coms for them. All of them expired within 2 months.

I honestly think the minimum is still around $4 if you know the right people. It's very obvious the minimum isn't $4 on eBay, nor is it here on Namepros, however there are plenty of Chinese domainers out there perfectly happy to pay $4-$6 for LLLL.coms us English domainers consider bad.

Before posting I did a detailed check on average domain quality over the 7 month period and, apart from the decrease in remaining registration, average quality has been pretty static over the period. Therefore I didn't mention that in my post.

The venue was eBay throughout so that can be ignored. My figures only apply to eBay sales, not LLLL price trends as a whole.

I agree that timing is an issue, but only for individual sales. Since my analysis was based on several hundred sales a month, I think we can assume that factor has been averaged out.

These figures show a steady fall over the past 7 months, not just a few minor variations.

•••
All LLLL.com sales (eBay) today:

PZTZ $22.01
YDFO $28.00
ZQTE $4.50
YRPG $26.00
VNGL $16.50
NXEQ $15.00

~

•••
common people.. think.

WAHE is ONLY getting high bids because its a typo of WAVE.
Google's new wave platform is going to be huge.

•••
•••
So its a coincidence that the week google reveals waVe the domain waHe starts to receive massive bids. I dont think so.

•••
So its a coincidence that the week google reveals waVe the domain waHe starts to receive massive bids. I dont think so.

How do you suppose WAHE.com is a typo of WAVE.com? IMHO, you must have real clumsy fingers to mix up the H and the V. As well, WAVE is entirely on the left side of the keyboard, so I don't understand why someone would reach to the right side all of a sudden for the H...

•••
Agreed !! No typo here. You would have to be drunk to hit the "V" on that name.

How do you suppose WAHE.com is a typo of WAVE.com? IMHO, you must have real clumsy fingers to mix up the H and the V. As well, WAVE is entirely on the left side of the keyboard, so I don't understand why someone would reach to the right side all of a sudden for the H...

Today on TDNX:

zodp $35
xtay $46 - nice typo
wjbi $20
obqy $20
mglo $139
kxfr $20
jbur $20
hhum $80
gkah $35
renewals have been added

Last edited:
•••
maybe not a typo but im sure it has to do with the wave thing, maybe just because its similar to it.

$19k for a badly pronouncable cvcv doesnt make sense

•••
Yesterday Sales @ NJ

ocld.com - $165
mpre.com - $2,916 ?
mbpd.com - $175
octh.com - $142

•••
•••
•••
•••
Today on TDNX:

xdsu $25
xusx $68
wahe $21,126 -----------this is no typo
umeg $765
tiyq $20
tijq $20
rhku $25
prvq $20
prwj $20
prwq $20
psgq $20
psjv $20
psqb $20
psuz $20
psvu $50
prqf $20
prqw $20
piqg $25
pijq $20
pbzo $20
pgbq $20
pgkv $20
pgpq $20
pgqg $20
pgxo $20
pbjq $20
opyz $25
ksyd $20
jvur $20
hphh $1,515
ekzn $25
renewals have been added

•••
•••
idya $370 (NJ)
imup $326 (SN)
egti $270 (NJ)
cadb $260 (Sedo)
pddt $149 (Sedo)

•••
•••
Today on TDNX:

uzrs $60
vahd $56
vbde $26
msiq $20
bbwf $52
renewals have been added

•••
Yesterday was amazed when received more than seven offers for my several TDNAM listed LLLL.COMs,
all are lowball offers from the same person, looks like trying to got them cheap. And today again another one.

•••
Yesterday was amazed when received more than seven offers for my several TDNAM listed LLLL.COMs,
all are lowball offers from the same person, looks like trying to got them cheap. And today again another one.

Well, somebody is interested in your names :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back