NameSilo

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is an interesting development it looked like the market had rebounded and then this. I've been of the view for a while that anything could happen with this market at the moment, it is a complete gamble. I think a major risk potentially is long term holders taking money out of the next 12 months. Prices have more than halved but I don't think they are cheap either.
Three days earlier QXZ.COM went for $3,500 but because it indicated the market is on the way up 'that wasn't interesting'! YOU only find it interesting on the way down, like a grim reaper.
- See it at an auction near you WJV.COM. Name jet's format means fewer people get to see the availability of names. Would do better at SEDO. WJV are good letters in German.

•••
Here's what I was able to dig up:

WJV com$3,100 Jun 09 NameJet
YSE com $7,600 Jun 09 NameJet
JJT com $4,422 May 09 NameJet
KPH com $5,316 May 09 NameJet
NFR com $12,322 Apr 09 NameJet
BSA com $17,850 Apr 09 NameJet
VNZ com $5,500 Apr 09 NameJet
OFJ com $3,777 Apr 09 NameJet
JUW com $4,077 Apr 09 NameJet
JZA com $3,100 Mar 09 NameJet
YDI com $5,950 Mar 09 NameJet
FHK com $4,900 Feb 09 NameJet
GGK com $5,100 Feb 09 NameJet
PJY com $5,190 Feb 09 NameJet

I see very little in there which would suggest to me that Sedo has higher selling prices than NameJet.

Three days earlier QXZ.COM went for $3,500 but because it indicated the market is on the way up 'that wasn't interesting'! YOU only find it interesting on the way down, like a grim reaper.
- See it at an auction near you WJV.COM. Name jet's format means fewer people get to see the availability of names. Would do better at SEDO. WJV are good letters in German.

•••

$3500 was in line with what was previously the minimum so there wasn't anything to discuss, the minimum has been around that level for about 2 months. When the market did move up from around $3000 to $3500 months ago I made several comments on it and stated that the market had bounced.

It is time to end the pollyanna rountinue and see that I am simply talking about the market as I see it, you think it can only go up, cool, I disagree. Anything could happen, the market for these names is one big gamble.

•••
Here's what I was able to dig up:

WJV com$3,100 Jun 09 NameJet
YSE com $7,600 Jun 09 NameJet
JJT com $4,422 May 09 NameJet
KPH com $5,316 May 09 NameJet
NFR com $12,322 Apr 09 NameJet
BSA com $17,850 Apr 09 NameJet
VNZ com $5,500 Apr 09 NameJet
OFJ com $3,777 Apr 09 NameJet
JUW com $4,077 Apr 09 NameJet
JZA com $3,100 Mar 09 NameJet
YDI com $5,950 Mar 09 NameJet
FHK com $4,900 Feb 09 NameJet
GGK com $5,100 Feb 09 NameJet
PJY com $5,190 Feb 09 NameJet

I see very little in there which would suggest to me that Sedo has higher selling prices than NameJet.

Just a simple point giving that sedo has more exposure, has a greater reach of people (even I missed this one, didn't check namejet on the one day it will show on their front page), that if the same name went on sedo it would have a better chance. I believe it could be flipped tomorrow for a higher price that's why I think its likely to be seen on an auction site in the near future. Still amazing these names get dropped 'BSA' top old brand in the UK for motorbikes and firearms.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

$3500 was in line with what was previously the minimum so there wasn't anything to discuss, the minimum has been around that level for about 2 months. When the market did move up from around $3000 to $3500 months ago I made several comments on it and stated that the market had bounced.

It is time to end the pollyanna rountinue and see that I am simply talking about the market as I see it, you think it can only go up, cool, I disagree. Anything could happen, the market for these names is one big gamble.

I cant remember any one writing the minimum has moved up to $3,500 just that it bottomed out at $3,000 and was on the rebound (or $2999 depending on how desperate you was to see it fall below $3,000). Even when QXZ went for $3,500 no one was saying this is now the minimum or even $3,400 or $3,300 is. We seem to be all taking a wait and see attitude, its to early to tell how sustainable the bounce is. Only when it appeared there was something that supported a drop do we get you on here, normally you reserve your doomsaying for the LLLL.com thread. Of course anything can happen, everythings a gamble, thats stating the obvious.
If that name went on a market place with a bigger reach, it would go for more than $3,100. Thats a flaw in the namejet system that snapnames addressed sometime ago. Snapnames have better lists, they allow you to enter the auction during the auction phase. Namejet auctions are much more closed and much less exposure time for these types of names, this will have a negative effect sometimes. But I'm not saying minimums are $3,500 or $3,000; we need more time. Whats the opposite of pollyanna, Im quiet happy being on the polyanna side of the fence if the alternative is on yours.:D

Last edited:
•••
I cant remember any one writing the minimum has moved up to $3,500 just that it bottomed out at $3,000 and was on the rebound (or $2999 depending on how desperate you was to see it fall below $3,000).

You must be reading a different forum to the rest of us, there has been a ton of discussion about it over the last couple of months in this very thread,

I'm always hesitant to say a market has appreciated or depreciated based on sales which occur in a very limited window of time, however this auction was certainly a welcomed treat for short domain owners who haven't had much to be positive about these past few months and LLL.coms certainly performed better in this auction than they have in any recent ones.

The next few weeks should be very interesting...

Yeah, they certainly look to have bounced a bit since last month, I guess the question is whether this is just a blip or the start of a true recovery. I kind of think these names are still not well priced though I really have no idea which way it is likely to go.

Agree with you that the lower quality LLL.coms get far more speculator than enduser interest, however I also have to agree with SDX in saying I'd much rather have QZX than a so-so (if even that) keyword.com which is about all that can be had for 3500 these days -- I'd never form a business around a keyword.com myself unless it was something absolutely stellar which is both outside my budget and that of pretty much every business out there.

Minimum is now $3.5k IMO.

Now's a great time to invest if you think the market's headed up.
The past 5-6 weeks have been pretty good to the LLL.com market :)

Hi Jeremiah,

I think we're back at a minimum of $3500 or so now -- seems to be the case based on recent auctions. We'll probably have a better idea of where the market's at after the May 21-28 GreatDomains auction.

Bit of a gamble really. You'd probably expect so and the category has already bounced a bit, then again it has come down from very inflated levels.

LLL.com - those people would have paid $7600 say and now that name is worth $3500, it is 55% loss.

•••
I still stick by my original statement that I doubt it would have sold for more elsewhere. These are "domainer domains" -- if the minimum was higher, surely one domainer would have bid it up. There's been a ton of discussion about minimums in this market for as long as I can remember and the general sentiment lately has largely been that the market was moving up.. I couldn't care less one way or the other to be honest -- I'm just sitting on the sidelines observing how things play out. This thread is honestly starting to remind me of the .mobi section with all it's cheerleading.

•••
Minimum is now $3.5k IMO.

Hi Jeremiah,

I think we're back at a minimum of $3500 or so now -- seems to be the case based on recent auctions. We'll probably have a better idea of where the market's at after the May 21-28 GreatDomains auction.

You must be reading a different forum to the rest of us, there has been a ton of discussion about it over the last couple of months in this very thread,
Well done for trawling that and you managed to find one person who said its $3,500 and the Reece one is the general point of waiting and seeing. Im not going to do the same to support my general feeling, giving if you have only found one most then have not pronounced any claim about mins.

I did feel that everyone was being much more reserved about how the market has rebounded and by how much. Lot less Cheerleading as you like to put it. Thats why after the QXZ sale no one cheer lead to say it was the new minimum. We only get the opposite of cheer leading when we see one at $3,100. But you win Snoop. I think we have beaten this to death

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I still stick by my original statement that I doubt it would have sold for more elsewhere. These are "domainer domains" -- if the minimum was higher, surely one domainer would have bid it up. There's been a ton of discussion about minimums in this market for as long as I can remember and the general sentiment lately has largely been that the market was moving up.. I couldn't care less one way or the other to be honest -- I'm just sitting on the sidelines observing how things play out. This thread is honestly starting to remind me of the .mobi section with all it's cheerleading.
Reece it sold for $3,100 just enough margin for a domainer. Next incremental bid would be 3,200 then if you flipped it into another auction house and added in the commission you need to get over $3,500 - so I can understand a domainer going $3,100 in the current market and not $3,200.
But lets just wait and see be enough auctions coming up to add weight to one side or the other. And your cheerleading point is just not true. Unless you think my point on auction houses and formats is cheerleading, then Im guilty.

Last edited:
•••
Well done for trawling that and you managed to find one person who said its $3,500 and the Reece one is the general point of waiting and seeing. Im not going to do the same to support my general feeling, giving if you have only found one most then have not pronounced any claim about mins.

This is what you asked for,

"I cant remember any one writing the minimum has moved up to $3,500 just that it bottomed out at $3,000 and was on the rebound "

My reply above contain quoted 8 seperate posts which refute all three of your claims. People did state that the market had bottomed, they did state that it was rebounding, and they did state that the minimum had risen to $3500. You even replied to some of these posts at the time so your current line of argument is rather lame in my view.

Last edited:
•••
Yep. The only conclusion we can really draw is what Snoop mentioned earlier. Clearly the market is rather turbulent at present.

"I cant remember any one writing the minimum has moved up to $3,500 just that it bottomed out at $3,000 and was on the rebound "

My reply above contain quoted 8 seperate posts which refute all three of your claims. People did state that the market had bottomed, they did state that it was rebounding, and they did state that the minimum had risen to $3500. You even replied to some of these posts at the time so your current line of argument is rather lame in my view.

•••

All three claims of mine refuted. I said that it bottomed we agreed on that - I said it rebounded we agreed on that - I said I can not remember anyone said the minimum was $3,500, yet you found one.
Quiet how you can interpret that as being all three of my claims are refuted when we agree on two baffles me. Even then you take one sentence for forensic dissemination when my central point was about Namejet auctions and that its flawed compared to Snapnames or sedo.
Your argument is not only lame but also warped

Last edited:
•••
I sold YLA.com for $5000 yesterday and YLA.org for $1000, took a loss on the lot but that's how it goes.

G'day to all the guys, realy miss all the arguments i used to have around here! Anyway im very busy ATM trading the markets and at work.

Just thought i would drop in to report my sale/s and keep the number (price) crunchers happy .*\0/* Cheers *\0/*

•••
I sold YLA.com for $5000 yesterday and YLA.org for $1000, took a loss on the lot but that's how it goes.

G'day to all the guys, realy miss all the arguments i used to have around here! Anyway im very busy ATM trading the markets and at work.

Just thought i would drop in to report my sale/s and keep the number (price) crunchers happy .*\0/* Cheers *\0/*

I saw both of your sales in Afternic recent sales .. I noticed that same buyer also bought rosary.com for $78,088

•••
sedo recent sales:
ego.com $75,000

•••
UIX.com
$12,900
Snapnames

XGR.com
$9,995
Snapnames

GJV.com
$4,499
Sedo

WXA.com
$3,669
Sedo

•••
I saw both of your sales in Afternic recent sales .. I noticed that same buyer also bought rosary.com for $78,088

Sameh - You are at all the places all the time. Good work mate. :gl:

•••
UIX.com
$12,900
Snapnames

Not quite. I sold that domain via a BIN sale at Snap, got notified it had sold when Moniker transferred it out...
4 days later Snapnames reversed the payment - didn't even notify me about it - and now I have neither domain or money.
Although, after a lot of messing around, they *claim* I will get the domain back - but I have yet to see that.

Anyway, that sale didn't occur, apparently...
I just wonder how they would have handled it if I've already spent the money on other domains when they reversed it?

-G

•••
That's really messed up... I honestly don't understand how they can claim the domain is sold, send you payment, and then reverse it -- I thought Snap only accepted checks and wires for transactions over 10k. If the buyer paid by check, surely Snap wouldn't say it was sold until the money cleared their account (?). Bank wires are irreversible...

Really have no idea what's going on. :(

Not quite. I sold that domain via a BIN sale at Snap, got notified it had sold when Moniker transferred it out...
4 days later Snapnames reversed the payment - didn't even notify me about it - and now I have neither domain or money.
Although, after a lot of messing around, they *claim* I will get the domain back - but I have yet to see that.

Anyway, that sale didn't occur, apparently...
I just wonder how they would have handled it if I've already spent the money on other domains when they reversed it?

-G

•••
That's really messed up... I honestly don't understand how they can claim the domain is sold, send you payment, and then reverse it -- I thought Snap only accepted checks and wires for transactions over 10k. If the buyer paid by check, surely Snap wouldn't say it was sold until the money cleared their account (?). Bank wires are irreversible...

Really have no idea what's going on. :(

Well, things get better an better...

XGR.com
$9,995
Snapnames

Today I was told this was reversed too! Different buyer, three days after UIX.com, but (claims Snapnames), same story... I don't know what to believe any more, except I believe it's the first and last time I try to sell domains via Snapnames. I usually don't sell at all, and 2 for 2 is a bit too much. :(
I'm just waiting for them to tell me that 2 other domains, which has been "pending payment" for over a week now, were invalid sales too.

-G

•••
Had a similar problem with snapnames- I bought a domain through their system, paid for it, received it in my moniker account and changed nameservers etc, then they reversed it (also never told me, I figured it out when I saw it for sale on the forums and it was missing from my account).

I stopped using them after that. At best, they are terribly disorganised, at worst they are dishonest crooks.

•••
Sameh - You are at all the places all the time. Good work mate. :gl:

lol .. thanks Kumaran! :)

Well, things get better an better...

Today I was told this was reversed too! Different buyer, three days after UIX.com, but (claims Snapnames), same story... I don't know what to believe any more, except I believe it's the first and last time I try to sell domains via Snapnames. I usually don't sell at all, and 2 for 2 is a bit too much. :(
I'm just waiting for them to tell me that 2 other domains, which has been "pending payment" for over a week now, were invalid sales too.

-G

:o

Had a similar problem with snapnames- I bought a domain through their system, paid for it, received it in my moniker account and changed nameservers etc, then they reversed it (also never told me, I figured it out when I saw it for sale on the forums and it was missing from my account).

I stopped using them after that. At best, they are terribly disorganised, at worst they are dishonest crooks.

Yours was a funny story. I remember the seller was a domainer who claimed he listed the domain on SnapNames by mistake! :blink:

•••
•••
•••
At Namejet:

YSE.com $5,100

•••
At Namejet:

YSE.com $5,100

down from $7,600 that seems that did not get through the payment.

the number of payment failures seems to me that is getting bigger and bigger every week now.

•••
Good to see some domains such as ITH.COM returned to their rightful owners... looks like Richard Sorensen has finally bitten the dust...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back