Dominion.Domains

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Discussion in '"Short" Domain Discussion' started by italiandragon, Feb 8, 2008.

Replies:
Views:

1. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. offthehandle

offthehandle . Gold Account VIP

Yea, I stand corrected, erased the post, thanks as "UX" is also this relatively new User Experience thing too in tech. Good price for someone.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. Grilled

Grilled Be the change you want to see in the world VIP

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. Embrand

Embrand Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

5. Grilled

IXA.com has sold at least three times in the last 2.5 years.
    upload_2017-11-29_1-25-25.png

I don't know which NJ alias won it for for $42,000 in December/2015, but an assumption is bidder first based on the WHOIS updating to Hu Weisheng in December 2015. http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3742622

upload_2017-11-29_1-11-33.png upload_2017-11-29_1-19-33.png http://www.namejet.com/featuredauctions/ab1205th

The reserve is between $25k and $50k. So anything that hits reserve appears to be profit if the seller is the one who bought it from @BoothDomains

6. tonecas

tonecas Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

IXA.com sales on NameJet:

upload_2017-11-29_17-34-24.png

first auction sold to "first". last one didn't met reserve

7. Embrand

Embrand Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Well, ixa.com ended at $18,000 and did not meet reserve. It does indeed seem like the trend is downwards.

Although this one is not a Chinese premium, it should command more than this as witnessed by the previous times it has sold.

8. Grilled

There were several $69 bids placed years before your $69 bid in this past auction. The earliest being a $69 bid by yiming October 5th, 2009.
    The previous auction NameJet auction winners for this domain were First and TwoTwo. I did not see either of them in this last IXA.com auction. Is it common for them to miss a LLL.com auction at NJ?

upload_2017-11-29_20-15-54.png http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=4003286

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  9. tonecas

it is not usual but happens, maybe because they become tired of repeated auctions of the same domains...

10. Grilled

CUH.com will end in less than 18 hours at NameJet | Current High Bid: $11,211 by finlead. First and TwoTwo have yet to bid above $69.

The earliest $69 bid was placed on October 4th, 2009 by alias Yiming
    http://www.namejet.com/pages/auctions/standarddetails.aspx?auctionid=4003779 | Featured Auction 1eeq2wcr On April 25th, 2017 it looks like it was parked using as-drid-2959215220667262

Attached Files:

11. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

someone is trying to sell a 29 domain portfolio of LLL.com's for $700K, maybe see weakening in pricing, as the reseller market was really holding up the price, and people are taking a step back, and letting it fall a bit, looking to get better deals which is the right move.

It is supply, and demand, and the names investors were hoping to cash in on, are actually costing them money say if they had put it into BTC, they maybe looking to make other moves, causing more supply, in a

12. tonecas

i see this as the unwinding of positions after the bubble pop at the end of 2015. however, the puzzling thing is that this is happening in counter-cycle with the economy. it has gone way to low to not mean that a substantial top has been put in place but the length of it without a major pullback it's really a rare thing.

i am justifying with with two things:
    1) money been diverted to the sink hole of ngTLDs
    2) money being diverted to crypto market that has become a huge bubble. we only need to look at so many domainers talking about investments in cryptos to make the connection.

13. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

The stock market is on fire also like Home Depot Tesla amazon Apple Microsoft like they just keep going higher and higher. The P/E ratios are getting a bit wacky, and have a lot of the new admins scenarios in play, it is going to be big Xmas bonuses on Wall Street this year, hopefully this December there is a lot of excess spending in play that needs to be done, and domainers get a bit of that capital in their direction.

14. Grilled

CUH.com finished at $14,133. Winner: Defendor01 upload_2017-12-1_0-7-26.png

This is the new lowest CVC.com sale since XUG.com in 2015.

15. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

First, TwoTwo and ThreeThreeThree have yet to bid ))))

16. Grilled

Nice observation! Though...
    They both placed $69 bids.
    Who? Who? Who?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  17. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

RTK.com $24,101
    QRF.com $21,211
    IVM.com $18,375
    TIQ.com $17,977
    NTU.com $17,500
    CUH.com $14,133
    VQD.com $12,600
    CIF.com $100,000

Apologies if any of these have been posted already

18. offthehandle

offthehandle . Gold Account VIP

CIF makes sense at that price for some large corp etc. as it is really the only one that make sense in common usage. (For shipping/trade company)

19. Grilled

CIF is also the acronym for Central Issue Facility.

I haven't seen this sale recorded in NameBio yet, though it was mentioned in today's DNJournal.com article.

upload_2017-12-13_17-2-21.png

Personally, I have a hard time believing all sales reported to DNJ, so I take it with a grain of salt.

20. tonecas

call me naive but DNJ is one of the few sources that I trust

21. Grilled

Well, maybe I am the naive one. Because I trust your opinion.

Can you say why you trust DNJ? Would you say you trust them more than places like ShortNames.com or NameBio.com?

I haven't seen DNJournal.com provide any coverage to the bidding on your own names at NameJet debacle. Maybe I'm wrong? What I do see is DNJournal.com constantly publicizing sales from those who were directly implicated in that scandal. @Ron Jackson is not the only person doing this, but for some reason, I expected more from DNJournal.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  22. tonecas

because he has been on the market for long, doing due diligence on his reports AFAIK. and he doesn't enter in the "intricacies" of this market. he is there to inspire and to spread the reported sales.

23. Grilled

Maybe I'm misreading their verification of reported sales, but it appears there is a clause that doesn't require well known parties to send in sales documentation. I don't know if that means both buyer and seller, or...? I'm not sure if other sales reporting venues have similar clauses / standards.

https://www.dnjournal.com/sales-verification.htm

upload_2017-12-13_17-54-56.png

24. tonecas

no other venue does better than this. yes, it could have a flaw by the trust issue as we have seen several well know persons behave very dubiously.

25. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Cif is also a household cleaning product brand owned by Unilever - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cif

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!