IT.COM

The "i" Domains Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
iDomains
Little Investment. Big Return.

And the "I" domain revolution begins.

First, it was iReport and then iPod and then iPhone, and NOW..... iPad (I wonder who owned this one?). (Preview iPad here)
It seems that more and more media technology companies are investing in these type of names.

What is your perspective on registering these type of names?..... Or just showcase your iDomains!!!

Here's some recent sales:
iAuction.com - $50,000 11/2009
iRent.com - $20,000 09/2009
iPal.com - $59,000 08/2009

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i names that I have are not many. The one that people have shown their interests in is iDespatch.co.uk/ iDispatch.co.uk

I also have iThermometer.com; uk version is owned by a multinational corporation.

I've also got iSongs.net.

•••
•••
We have several "i" name.com -- I think one of our best ones is:
iVirtual.com ( also a site that has a PR-4, and iVirtual registered and pending USPTO trademarks in social networking, dating, software and computer services) --

the new site and new product (software) will be available soon

right now iVirtual® – Your Magical World for Social Connections - - software to be released soon

Nice name.

I only have a few:
iConcealer com
iClinic org

plus a few i hyphens

•••
I used to get a few of these but let them drop a couple years back as they weren't going anywhere. Now I only have iChipcard.com (and eChipcard.com) since chipcards look like they'll be the next wave in payment cards. Fingers crossed.

•••
I really like "i" domains, don't have many but have bought and sold a few for a small profit in the past. Right now I probably have no more than 10 in my entire collection - here's a few off the top of my head...

iTaxi.org
iCyprus.net
iBidd.com
iJott.com

I've had a few offers on them (except for the .org, which I just registered) - but obviously nothing that really made me wanna let any of them go.

I do only prefer the "i" domains in .com - but occasionally they work out in other extensions (depending on a few factors). Anyway, the name below is available to register if anyone wants it...

iShuffle.net
iShuffle.org

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I've been a fan of "i" words for years. In the future, I believe they will only grow in popularity.

Attachments

• iWords.jpg
    iWords.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
•••
The only i prefix name i have is this;

IFRANCE.INFO

Any value?

•••
My favorite type of iWord domains are "i" followed by a Verb.

I have sold many in that format and they are perfect for branding.

Brad

•••
I have only one "I" domain: iSanMarino.com, but I don't think it is worth much :)

•••
i own a few:

iSaintPaul.com
i-Repent.com
i-Skateboard.com
iWestEnd.com
iEritrea.com
iVenezia.com
iStoneMountain.com
iNagsHead.com

•••
I've got a few 'i' domains...

iKiss.com
iSofa.com
iDoors.com
iAgeing.com
iFlyDrive.com
iCartoonists.com
iCardiologist.com
iGynaecologist.com
iHairdressers.com
iSupermarkets.com
iWaterfronts.com

iSexy.net

iPlasmaTVs.com
iHotelJobs.com
iAgedCare.com
iCardPlayer.com
iFashionDesigners.com

...and a few more.

•••
isportreport.com

igameapps.com

i3dchat.com

•••
iComplain.com
i-Complain.com
iDomainer.com
i-domainer.com
i-webmaster.com
i-blogger.com
i-gambling.com
i-beauty.com
i-atm.com

•••
•••
My latest entry - iLawyer.in

Any thoughts on its value...

•••
I'm a big fan of 'i' domains and, even though the 'e' prefix branding is older and there are more 'e' names, I like 'i' MUCH more. I own the following:

[com]
1) iVienna
2) iWien (Vienna in German/Austrian language)
3) iStuttgart
4) iWichitaFalls

[in]
5) iBlackjack (take a look at how much 'Poker.in', 'Blackjack.in', 'iPoker.in' and other prefix domains have sold for)

I'm also looking for offers on 2) 4) 5), if you're interested, just send a PM ;)

•••
I own these

sold

Last edited:
•••
i/stockmarket/net

my one and only, good keyword.

andy.

•••
I've got a few 'i' domains...

Some really nice ones in there DT

I like yesonline's iDomainer as well. Actually quite a few nice names in general from a few others too.

:)

•••
•••
•••
Btw., according to Dnjournal iStay.com sold for $15,250 last week (AfternicDLS)

•••
I sold iBackgammon.com for $2500 in Jan. Bought here for $146

I own
iSwimsuitmodel.com
iVillanova.com

iPhilosophy.net the .com sold for $1900
iboxing.net the .com sold for $2750

iteen.org
iarchitecture.org

ipets.us

ibeauty.tv
iwomen.tv

Other ikeyword.com sales that all happened the same week as iPal.com, ipooltables.com sold for $7000,irebel.com sold for $2050,iStockBroker.com $2,750,iDoors.com and iTurn.com $2,000.

May I ask how you sold iBackgammon ? Did you actively seek buyers, or did they find you ?

Thanks !

•••
Hewlett Packard just announced the iSlate, which is to compete with the iPad. (watch preview here)

Hmmm.. I wonder who owns iSlate.com?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back