Dynadot

The "i" Domains Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
iDomains
Little Investment. Big Return.

And the "I" domain revolution begins.

First, it was iReport and then iPod and then iPhone, and NOW..... iPad (I wonder who owned this one?). (Preview iPad here)
It seems that more and more media technology companies are investing in these type of names.

What is your perspective on registering these type of names?..... Or just showcase your iDomains!!!

Here's some recent sales:
iAuction.com - $50,000 11/2009
iRent.com - $20,000 09/2009
iPal.com - $59,000 08/2009

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ijobs.com
ianimations.com
ifonts.com
imarketing.com

•••
All .com
i W e e d
i L i n e u p
i M o o l a

•••
What do you guys think in general about i+GEO.com's? My only 'i-domain' is iVienna.com and I'd like to have an opinion about its value (though roughly, as I perfectly realize it's impossible to toss a number on brandable domains).

Develop or die.
99% of them have little to no resale value (at this time) and they don't earn parked. I will say that of all the 'different types' of names out there, I've never encountered a wider disparity between asking prices and reality than I have with iGeos. "Domainers" seem to think they're worth thousands- or tens of thousands- yet one can regularly purchase major cities in i(geo).com format for peanuts, or for reg when dropped. Domainers are pretty bad about this in general, but there seems to be a real disconnect between 'domainer perception' and what e/iGeos actually sell for (on the rare occasions they do sell)

Domainers are thrilled to acquire them, then, eventually let them drop once reality sets in and they realize that they're not much more than an annual $8 liability.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
IUFO.com
images

•••
•••
Most of mine:

.COM
iDils
iNominated

.NET
iWizard

.ORG
iDiamond
iRecycling
iTab

.IN
iBarter
iBengaluru
iBrand
iBroker
iBuddy
iBuzz
iCapital
iChennai
iConsult
iCourse
iDevelop
iDiamond
iDilli
iFurniture
iGifts
iHub
iHyderabad
iKolkata
iLet
iLoans
iMobile
iMumbai
iParty
iPromotion
iPune
iRealty
iSeed
iStars
iVibe
iWebsite
iWireless

Safe to say 'i' like the 'i' prefix. ;)

•••
example valuations
streetfights.com is valuated at 391,000 on valuate.com
so how much should iStreetFights.com be worth? i think it should be the same if not more going forward. what do you think of this?

jeff
iBrainStorms.com

If only!

Don't take valuate.com's appraised values seriously. Regardless of it having "i" in front or not. Its running of estibot.com which is useful for getting some insight into the domain, keyword searches etc.

Adding an "i" at the front of any keyword will generally be worth less than the keyword itself. iDomains are nice when they suit... not always. Brandability in made-up words doesn't have to make sense, but for these kinda "i" type names they work a lot better if they do make sense.

Answer to your question... no.

Thats my opinion. I own iJanet.com, is it worth the same or close to Janet.com - not by a long shot! Is it worth a tenth of it? Probably not. Its not worthless, but it can't be compared in terms of price.

The popularity of iDomains is largely due to iPod/iPhone - APPLE in general. imo. They'll always be brandable if its nice short one-worders which make at least a bit of sense. Anyway, at least you sound like you have a plan for yours, development will bring value - but the names alone aren't that great.

P.S. try posting your names in the appraisals section of the forum and see what response you get.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
ijobs.com
ianimations.com
ifonts.com
imarketing.com
Very nice (y)

iweather (.) com

Had a deal on another one but it fell through :xf.frown:

•••
any here get offrs or sales on noncom i names?

•••
Last edited:
•••
i M e d i C a r e * O R G , test out the waters on non com.

•••
•••
Personally I like i prefix. :)

The only one I have at the moment is iWWW.com which isn't the perfect i type name though. But it did received high $x,xxx offer from the company that runs business with another *www .com

•••
i too like "i" very much, its better then "e".. I presently own

iCricket.co.in - Getting slow but regular traffic,
iArticle.net - Which i just sold before few days here...

I am looking forward for more "i" registration...

•••
iArticle.net (wow!)

i too like "i" very much, its better then "e".. I presently own

iCricket.co.in - Getting slow but regular traffic,
iArticle.net - Which i just sold before few days here...

I am looking forward for more "i" registration...

Man... I wish I knew you were selling iArticle.net... That's a pretty nice domain!

•••
Man... I wish I knew you were selling iArticle.net... That's a pretty nice domain!

So what you think, how much worth is iArticle.net or what you would have paid for it ??? Can i know your views....

•••
Considering the new market trends.... probably about $500

Steve Jobs of Apple just announced iBooks... So IMO Digital Content is starting to become more and more important as they are looking to monetize it on the new iPAD

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back