NameSilo

The HugeDomains bot and GoDaddy Auctions

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by HappyW, Nov 9, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

How to verify the bidder during the auction process?

1. Set their public homepage to show the domains that have been won and are being bid.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Non-robot verification for each bid

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Limit the number of simultaneous bids

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Total: 2 vote(s)
  1. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account

Auctions are an important way, and my experience tells me that this is not just happening in GD. Everyone here will benefit as a seller. But I know very well that the presence of robots will limit the number of sales in this industry (obviously, the average transaction price of a cheap domain will be higher than its market value).
    Is there a mechanism similar to WHOIS protection to provide a perfect solution for the auction?

Read the original

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. whenpillarsfall

whenpillarsfall Top Member VIP

I'm somewhat relaxed about robots. At the end of the day, no one is forced to pay more than they want to. If you know your max price, whether you're bidding against people or robots makes no real difference in my mind.

I mean, if I set my max bid as xxx and rely on the platform to increase my bids for me, there's not much difference between that and a robot anyway.

3. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account

Your approach is correct.
    There are few cases where it is based on love, not budget. Because there are many valuable domain names underestimated by GDV.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice