NameSilo

The Harder I work the Luckier I get☺

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by ThatNameGuy, Jul 15, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

I just registered my very first "one word" domain that I believe happens to be pretty good. And HosterStats say's it's never been registered before?

Here's how it happened, I was writing an email to Bari Weiss, the centrist writer who just lamblasted the NY Times for their obvious liberal bias. I used the description "lamblasted" that I hadn't used in a very long time, so I thought I'd look it up to see if I was spelling it right. Well, i was so then I checked to see if "lamblast" was a word, and damn if it wasn't. So then out of curiosity I thought I'd check if it was in use as a domain, and VOILA!

Ironically lamblast can be spelled lamblast(e).com so I registered that too.

Now for you old timers and my many critics here, how often has something like this happened to you? Any newbies have it happen?

How I know it's value is far greater than what I registered it for, I just checked synonyms like; berate, chide, condemn, scold and rebuke and they are each worth many thousands of dollars. And now that I own it, I plan to lamblast anyone everyone that doesn't agree with me:xf.wink: Just kidding, but I think it's pretty cool:xf.cool:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

Rich, I think what you were going for was "Lambaste" or "Lambast".

I don't believe "Lamblast" is a word... perhaps a slang term used by some?

3. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Correct spelling lambaste...lambast...lambasted.

You're overworked. :xf.wink:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  4. NickB

NickB Aka MrAcidic VIP

Your right it is not a word.....

according to the Urban Dictionary (I know :xf.rolleyes:).........

lamblast:

To severely scold through the use of exploding mutton.

"I lamblasted him for the terrible job he did last week. We used what was left to make lunch."

5. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I've done the same mistake in the past. Look at a name and register it on the spot, just to find out it was misspelled.
    Since it's reg fee, not much is lost.

6. ThatNameGuy

You are so right, it was my bad. I learned it before anyone here noticed it, but rationalized my mistake because even misspelled it's still a pretty good misspell in that it actually makes more sense misspelled than spelled correctly....see Nick's expanation above....thanks Nick.

Advice....don't be lamblasted:xf.eek:

7. Jimmysun

Jimmysun Established Member

How about mine’s, Synbotic.com
    Synbotic refer to artificial intelligence combining robotics and humanization in a form of synergism.
    I created, lol.

8. ThatNameGuy

not too bad, but someone in the tech world would have a better appreciation for it than I would. I do check with appraisers like Go Daddy quite often, and they just value Synbotic.com for $297 telling me they don't recognize the value like you do. My misspelled domain lamblast.com seems to have decent value despite it's misspelling. I guess it's more suitable as a "Brand" than a straight forward domain, and it may even be more valuable to the right party.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice