Domain Empire

question .ai hand registration failed, reserved by the Registry!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Columbus13

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I’m new to domaining. I’ve been reading threads here for a few months now. I learnt a lot and I'm happy to have found this community. I was hoping I’ll be able to start contributing with some positive and helpful posts soon. Unfortunately, I’ll have to start off with a strange incident which happened to me today.

So, I found sportsbetting.ai to be available, put it in the Cart and proceeded with the payment. It did not work so I talked to the Live chat. I was informed that the Registry reserved the domain?! As advised I checked Whois Lookup and the domain status was "Prohibited string - object cannot be registered". The domain is still in my Cart.

I will not mention the Registrar, it seems to me it’s not their fault. I already hand registered a few domains with them with the intention of testing how parking, auctioning, selling and everything works. So, I know how to do it, it’s pretty easy and straightforward process.

Has anyone of you experience something like this. Is this normal?

What would you advise me to do? I already sent an e-mail to a Technical Contact from Anguilla.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registrar has nothing to do with this. Whois (which comes from the registry) shows the domain as 'cannot be registered'.
I'm afraid, the only thing now is to move on and find something else to register.

•••
Registrar has nothing to do with this. Whois (which comes from the registry) shows the domain as 'cannot be registered'.
I'm afraid, the only thing now is to move on and find something else to register.

You are right.
Thank you for your response.

•••
You are right.
Thank you for your response.

Glad I helped.

One word of advice,
when you deal with cctlds, be very careful and make sure you read any ToS and ToA.
Cctld registries, very often, have their own rules and regulations. Don't just 'assume' or you'll find yourself often frustrated.

Good luck :)

•••
Yep some registrars will allow restricted ccTLD domains to be added to cart, but it's only after an attempted payment process that flags the domain which prevents it to be registered.

A good registrar will check the availability right from the registry beforehand, save some grief. Have had it happen on several occasions. Good idea to check with a reputable whois service outside the registrar first, eg. gwhois, which will give you the domain status.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back