IT.COM

question The great VR drop!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
For the new year I dropped and plan to drop a number of VR domains.

Who is with me on this one?

Any one else dropping some VR domains in 2018?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think I made this clear already in my first reply....did I not?

If it was not clear then, it certainly is now (y)

Crystal

Picture0011.png

•••
If it was not clear then, it certainly is now (y)

Crystal

Show attachment 76892

And no I didn't pay "big bucks" for those domains.

And why the fuck would you think I would even consider selling these domains to you?...I never offered :xf.laugh:

Given that you think VRStick has lots of potential, I wouldn't expect you to see the value in those domains anyway, especially as a reseller lol. You are apparently unaware of past sales history (Stick VS Games) and what words mean to end users in reference to revenue generating potential.

•••
And no I didn't pay "big bucks" for those domains.

And why the f*ck would you think I would even consider selling these domains to you?...I never offered :xf.laugh:

Given that you think VRStick has lots of potential, I wouldn't expect you to see the value in those domains anyway, especially as a reseller lol. You are apparently unaware of past sales history (Stick VS Games) and what words mean to end users in reference to revenue generating potential.

Not knocking you guy, trust me I'm rooting for you. I'm just worried with all the vr, crypto, pot, 420 and similar domains being bought up by the hundreds. You just happened to respond and I am not using you in particular as an example. I am mostly putting some caution out their for guys that are buying hundreds and even thousands of these domains. You sound like you have yours under control but I know a number of domainers who have made grave mistakes and hopefully they will learn when topics like this are brought up.

If I have offended you please let me assure you this was the furthest thing from my intention.

I just hope that anyone looking to register hundreds of them thinks long and hard before doing that.

By the way...

What is the shortest thing between two dots???

Renewal Time :xf.smile: :xf.smile: :xf.smile:

Newbies forget that and that is my main point.

•••
VR is relatively new and the technology is still expensive enough for it to be limited to a small group of users worldwide. I myself have yet to experience any VR content, for a good experience you need pretty powerful machines with 4k resolution or more. In 10 years, entry-level VR will make for a much more enjoyable experience at an affordable price.

When 3D TV came out, I knew it would never really catch on, it felt like unfinished tech. The enhancement over regular HD was negligible plus it always strained my eyes. 3D, in it's current form, is a gimmick that doesn't bring anything new to the table.
VR on the other hand has some game-changing applications but the base tech for standard experience needs to be affordable for everyone just like base smartphone functionality is today.

A simple example off the top of my head: shopping for a new house is currently an exhausting affair, having to drive around, having to wait for people, etc. Imagine how much simpler it would be if you could look at 10 different houses you're interested in in one evening from the comfort of your home. But of course, like I said, the base VR experience should be of a very good standard and I believe that 10 years from now even the lowest end computer will be able to handle this easily.

I, myself, am holding on to VRtrekker.com. I really like the idea of being able to explore remote regions without needing to spend thousands of dollars. Nothing beats the real thing but a solid VR experience would definitely be the next best thing IMO.

•••
I have one domain name left, which I do not think, I am going to renew it.
vrartificial.com

•••
I am looking to sell V R 4 K G A M E . COM if anyone is intrested?

•••
VR & 4K - very interesting combination

•••
VR is relatively new and the technology is still expensive enough for it to be limited to a small group of users worldwide. I myself have yet to experience any VR content, for a good experience you need pretty powerful machines with 4k resolution or more. In 10 years, entry-level VR will make for a much more enjoyable experience at an affordable price.

When 3D TV came out, I knew it would never really catch on, it felt like unfinished tech. The enhancement over regular HD was negligible plus it always strained my eyes. 3D, in it's current form, is a gimmick that doesn't bring anything new to the table.
VR on the other hand has some game-changing applications but the base tech for standard experience needs to be affordable for everyone just like base smartphone functionality is today.

A simple example off the top of my head: shopping for a new house is currently an exhausting affair, having to drive around, having to wait for people, etc. Imagine how much simpler it would be if you could look at 10 different houses you're interested in in one evening from the comfort of your home. But of course, like I said, the base VR experience should be of a very good standard and I believe that 10 years from now even the lowest end computer will be able to handle this easily.

I, myself, am holding on to VRtrekker.com. I really like the idea of being able to explore remote regions without needing to spend thousands of dollars. Nothing beats the real thing but a solid VR experience would definitely be the next best thing IMO.

Nice post. For sure virtual tech is the next step, why? Because there's nothing else.

Even the holodeck on Star Trek is a 'Virtual Reality' - Elon Musk thinks we live a virtual simulation (Virtual Reality) right now.

Mobile phones was around in the 80's, wasn't until early 00's everyone started to get one (so that took a good 15 years) and look how mobile phones are today, people feel like they've lost a limb without 1.

When VR becomes glasses form, that's when it will become a standard must own household entertainment item like the TV/radio/computer today, as you say people will shop in VR along with work/chat/travel/attend events and have new experiences general.

Billion question is what will it all be called.

Last edited:
•••
Oh, c'mon.

It's been the same with 3D.
It is the same with VR, FX, 4K.
It will eventually be the same with crypto, ai, etc.

•••
Im afraid just about everyone on the VR thread except maybe 4 or 5 people will let names drop this year especially those that went reg-crazy in the early 2016/mid 2017 period when the thread was at its busiest and people were warned to slow down with the registrations but chose to ignore the advice. You should never own more than say 50 names in any niche as you will never sell them. The best thing to do now is to be brutal with all your cuts and narrow down your names to only your best names, get rid of the average, bad and terrible names now so you dont waste tbose renewal fees again. You will be happy you did come 2019.

Happy new year everyone..lets all have a fantastic 2018 and hopefully we see some great VR/AR sales this year 😊

•••
VRpleasure dot net in auction on Sedo

•••
I recently purchased VRQueer .com to keep my VRQR.com company. Time will tell how my bold regfee investment fairs...

•••
Weed and Crypto ,killed the VR STORE

•••
Weed and Crypto ,killed the VR STORE

Not bad sales recently for something that's been killed off:

Battle VR (.com) $5,500 - 17/12/2017

Mass VR (.com) $15,000 - 27/11/2017

Babe VR (.com) $4,800 - 09/11/2017

Only picked these 3 sales because they were sold by active members of this forum within the last couple of months.

Still very early days in the development of VR tech. Difference with crypto is its reached pretty much its potential in 2017 -2018. VR has got a very long way to go until it gets anywhere near max potential.

•••
I've sold enough last year to cover my renewals for a long time, but I'll drop the odd one. With over 500 domains, it's inevitable. I think we are still a year or two out before VR really takes off though. A lot of people haven't had the chance to try VR yet. As it becomes more affordable and easier to setup/use, it will explode with popularity. Not just for consumers, but for developers as well. When the Vive Pro is launched, more companies will develop VR content/hardware because right now, cables are a pain. A few years from now, VR and AR will be everywhere - as will the content. The demand for VR domains will be there. It's just a matter of time.

•••
I've sold enough last year to cover my renewals for a long time, but I'll drop the odd one. With over 500 domains, it's inevitable. I think we are still a year or two out before VR really takes off though. A lot of people haven't had the chance to try VR yet. As it becomes more affordable and easier to setup/use, it will explode with popularity. Not just for consumers, but for developers as well. When the Vive Pro is launched, more companies will develop VR content/hardware because right now, cables are a pain. A few years from now, VR and AR will be everywhere - as will the content. The demand for VR domains will be there. It's just a matter of time.

I used to disagree with @gilescoley that mentioned it once but there is no good reason to keep more than 50 names in a niche unless u were first and all u got are great super keywords.
Renewals will kill u otherwise.

•••
I think if you own a bunch of average to good keywords, you might get lucky and have a domain someone really wants, for example i wouldn’t consider ‘mass’ a fantastic keyword, it’s something i would have personally dropped, but previous owner managed to get $15k for it, same with ‘battle’.

I decided around this time last year i just wanted to concentrate on small portfolio but really good names (on paper), but everyone has their own strategies at the end of the day, look at Mike Mann.

•••
•••
I think if you own a bunch of average to good keywords, you might get lucky and have a domain someone really wants, for example i wouldn’t consider ‘mass’ a fantastic keyword, it’s something i would have personally dropped, but previous owner managed to get $15k for it, same with ‘battle’.

I decided around this time last year i just wanted to concentrate on small portfolio but really good names (on paper), but everyone has their own strategies at the end of the day, look at Mike Mann.

VRmass for $15K? I’ve got a lot better keywords. Can’t wait to make a few sales.

•••
I owned a small bunch of vr names. Dropped a few, sold a few for $XX.

Only one name left in my portfolio but I may become the enduser myself since my studio is also developing VR content now.

Very difficult to predict what the used terminology will be, perhaps VR will be the descriptive name for all AR, MR etc technology. Who knows, the general public seems to favor simplicity over technical justification often.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back