new gtlds The future will be good...

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
1,403
New gTLD sales: Sex.Live: $160.000 / Porn.Live: $120.000
The future will be good for good new gTLDs.
 
5
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hey Waas,

The constant emoji spam is rather obnoxious.

Brad
Yes yes, I know...
I do not use emoji with everyone...
I use emoji only with "the new gTLDs haters"...
 
1
•••
but I have a question for you: what is your goal here if you don't invest in new gTLDs????
You lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions... Why???:?::?::?::?:
Let me return the question back to you. What are you trying to achieve ?
You are arguing with domainers who have different opinions, but they have a track record of sales, because they know what sells. I bet you have yet to make a sale. My suggestion would be to try making some sales of your own in order to validate your own hype.
 
1
•••
Let me return the question back to you. What are you trying to achieve ?
You are arguing with domainers who have different opinions, but they have a track record of sales, because they know what sells. I bet you have yet to make a sale. My suggestion would be to try making some sales of your own in order to validate your own hype.
The question is:
Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

No answers
Haha
 
0
•••
haha
 
0
•••
I thought NP was a discussion forum, maybe that's why ?
Why are you wasting your own time praising new TLDs ? If the future is so bright you should keep silent, not alert us about the opportunity.
 
0
•••
I thought NP was a discussion forum, maybe that's why ?
Why are you wasting your own time praising new TLDs ? If the future is so bright you should keep silent, not alert us about the opportunity.
the question is:
Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose months and months in new gTLD discussions???
 
0
•••
I am not accusing any specific registry but I do know that fake sales or hyped sales have always happened in domaining and there is no reason to believe that they don't happen

I disagree that the registry sales are fake with the exception of the few unpaid actions that happen in China. XYZ confirmed one or two, I forget but they didn't hide anything. No need to provide links, I've read through most of them, didn't join yesterday.


Define many sales?

There's around 23.3 million gTLD domains registered as of today compared to around 125 million registered .com domains.

And while the "it will take time" argument may have been a decent argument 2.5 years ago it's starting to lose credibility now.

You can Google the definition of "many".

Your calculations will never add up due to the age and superiority of .com. I agree that .com is the king and nGTLDs are alternatives. 2.5 years was .xyz and then a progression over time with many different release dates and some have been just a few months. So again I disagree in the fact it will not take time to see how this all pans out, its not an excuse on my part.

The new G are dead because no one wanted or needed them in the first place.

Now we have an oversupply of a product that no one wants.

Again I don't think they're dead but it's just the beginning. They're needed do to overcrowding within the .com space, or startups not being able to afford .com premium sale prices I do agree that they need to slow down but there is a demand and you'll see as time move forward even more so than now. How long this will take is anyone's guess.

Now let me see if I can wade back out of this thread...
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I disagree that the registry sales are fake with the exception of the few unpaid actions that happen in China. XYZ confirmed one or two, I forget but they didn't hide anything. No need to provide links, I've read through most of them, didn't join yesterday.

Wow. Just wow. Reality isn't important, isn't it. Why care about it when you can make up your own?
 
0
•••
Wow. Just wow. Reality isn't important, isn't it. Why care about it when you can make up your own?

Look if you have a proven case of fraud and deceitful action, other than speculation show it.

If not move along as you're not proving a thing.

This isn't reality and the definition is clear: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Now when you can actually prove registries are lying and creating fake sales please post it here and we can all start a class action suit and make a few bucks!

On a side note there's a process before DNJournal, or NameBio will consider listing sales, guess you have never went through that process but not sure?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
On a side note there's a process before DNJournal, or NameBio will consider listing sales, guess you have never went through that process but not sure?

as if the examples given would not get around that.

Fact is most investors know about these dodgy sales. A few choose to ignore it for their own reasons.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
A few choose to ignore it for their own reasons.

The links you provided saying autism.rocks didn't sale and then a debate about xyz which I was involved in doesn't prove anything. i didn't ignore anything I was in the debate and no one could prove a thing.

Quote/reply me when you have validation of cheating, that would be more interesting.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The links you provided saying autism.rocks didn't sale and then a debate about xyz which I was involved in doesn't prove anything. i didn't ignore anything I was in the debate and know one could prove a thing

Quote/reply me when you have validation of cheating, that would be more interesting.

I would guess that 95% of readers of the threads were able to parse out the necessary information. If you choose to ignore reality that's not my problem.
 
0
•••
I would guess that 95% of readers of the threads were able to parse out the necessary information. If you choose to ignore reality that's not my problem.

Now you're becoming a troll, you should stop to save face.
 
1
•••
As someone else mentioned in another thread I actually started to agree that this constantly going back and forth seems to have little effect on people who already invested in one or the other (or both). It may however have an effect on newbies, who didn't decide yet what to invest in, reading this thread. It's up to them to make their own logical conclusions in terms of wise investment.

In the end .com investors willl keep investing in .com because it makes them money (so no gTLD hype will ever make them change their mind) and exclusive gTLD investors will likely remain holding their domains hoping that one day true end-user acceptance will come and a real aftermarket will arise. Hype threads like these have no reason to exist since they don't have any real power to change the outcome of anything in the first place. If you like gTLDs just make a gTLD post saying you like them. Why is there a need to hype them with irrelevant registry sales if you're confident the future will be good?
 
1
•••
Now you're becoming a troll, you should stop to save face.

You have an interesting definition of "troll".

Why is there a need to hype them with irrelevant registry sales if you're confident the future will be good?

If they were confident they would be busy buying them up instead of creating threads to hype them.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
0
•••
Who are you??? God???

No, not god. Just someone who has considerable professional experience in this area.

Fake sales would be a criminal offense, considered lying which could be prosecuted within a court of law. Do you actually think they would jeopardize their reputation, investment for this? I don't.

Would it? Under what jurisdiction? Under what law? If the "sale" is for "valuable consideration" other than money (PR value and assignment of a "valuable" name) is that something that could be prosecuted? I think if it pushes forward the business of the registry the investors would not give two hoots. And as far as reputation goes - most registries are operated by faceless holding companies. They have little or no reputation outside the domain industry, which is hardly known for being squeaky clean. To bring in the overused analogy of real estate: the domain industry is the real estate business - but before real estate brokers had to clean up their act and get honest.

You lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions... Why???

Honestly, I check in for maybe 15 or 20 minutes a day at the most. I cannot speak for other people but to skim a few new posts on topics I follow and tap out a quick reply doesn't take me much time or much brain power.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Ok I'll change that to you're just being a pest.. :-P

Unfortunately pest.control is not available yet. :) How are the nTLDs ever going to replace .com if many much needed combos are not available? As far as I know a 409.mad doesn't exist either ;)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Would it? Under what jurisdiction? Under what law?

U.S., try reading up on Consumer Protection laws. If a registry was to report a sale that didn't happen, which deceives consumers in to buying their product, this is a big no no. And this is why there are no proven cases to date but rather speculation.

Deceptive Advertising
Under both federal and state law, an ad is unlawful if it tends to mislead or deceive, even if it doesn't actually fool anyone. If your ad is deceptive, you'll face legal problems whether you intended to mislead the customer or not. What counts is the overall impression created by the ad -- not the technical truthfulness of the individual parts.

FTC Enforcement of Deceptive Advertising Laws
Over the years, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has taken action against many businesses accused of engaging in false and deceptive advertising. If FTC investigators are convinced that an ad violates the law.

Consumers often have the right to sue advertisers under state consumer protection laws. For example, someone who buys a product relying on a deceptive ad might sue in small claims court for a refund or join others (sometimes tens of thousands of others) to sue for a huge sum in another court.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back