NameSilo

.tv The future of .TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm really curious about how .tv extention is going to evolve.What is everyones thoughts on .tv's future popularity?Have you seen any big .tv sales yet?
Greatdomains seem to have a lot of faith in them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi!

I am not sure about its future. But, by using common sense, .tv will be for televsion networks or television shows perhaps?

Only a few in our country use the .tv domains.

Anyone may wish to share.

:)

•••
piraulos0 said:
I'm really curious about how .tv extention is going to evolve.What is everyones thoughts on .tv's future popularity?Have you seen any big .tv sales yet?

piraulos0 When .TV opened, there was great excitement and speculation. Unfortunately, currently there isn’t a significant level of .TV sales. Most who speculated lost money, and I don’t see then coming back. In my opinion, .TV will just remain a CC like the others (not a bright future).

As far as “Greatdomains having faith”???? Verisign, who runs Greatdomains also runs the .TV registry. They purchased the entire registry from Tivalu, Papua New Guinea. Because many great .TV domians have enormous registration prices, they are unregistered. Greatdomains listing .TVs is self-promotion of registration prices NOT faith. Their TVs sales are also minimal as you alluded to.

I agree with what Castlemelody indicated, .TV is good for a television related domain. Better yet, you could very easily make several fortunes with a just a fair Tivalu airflight travel site->

as soon as Tivalu opens up a large commercial airport, which isn’t soon, as they are just building roads.

•••
I personally don't see a bright future either. There was initially a hype about .TV domains but it didn't last long as mentioned.

Plus, I think the registration prices are high, causing a smaller market for them, IMHO, because if you want to sell a .COM domain, you want the registration fee at least. Say $8.00. And when you want to sell a .TV domain, you want your registration fee also; which from what I know is near $40.00.

That's how I look at it! :D

True_Snake

•••
Well, .TV may have a small market, but that may be a good thing. If the .TV market was swamped with lots of domains, then it would dilute their value more than anything because of the extension only being much use for TV related things.

•••
I think that the future doesn't look as good as something like .co.in, but the extention will grow.

•••
William9 said:
piraulos0 said:

piraulos0 When .TV opened, there was great excitement and speculation. Unfortunately, currently there isn’t a significant level of .TV sales. Most who speculated lost money, and I don’t see then coming back. In my opinion, .TV will just remain a CC like the others (not a bright future).

As far as “Greatdomains having faith”???? Verisign, who runs Greatdomains also runs the .TV registry. They purchased the entire registry from Tivalu, Papua New Guinea. Because many great .TV domians have enormous registration prices, they are unregistered. Greatdomains listing .TVs is self-promotion of registration prices NOT faith. Their TVs sales are also minimal as you alluded to.

I agree with what Castlemelody indicated, .TV is good for a television related domain. Better yet, you could very easily make several fortunes with a just a fair Tivalu airflight travel site->

as soon as Tivalu opens up a large commercial airport, which isn’t soon, as they are just building roads.

:lol: :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back