IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That being said it still boggles the mind that Epik let itself get to this point (which just goes to prove how BADLY it was being run).
The bigger picture is that the domain name market changed and the best that a lot of people and companies made on many more businesses going online in a post-Covid world turned out to be wrong. Shopify, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Facebook even Godaddy have all had problems. The valuation of Epik in a rising market might have been somewhat optimistic given the state of the current market.

There was a mention of other compliance issues ("ICANN conducted compliance check to determine other
areas of noncompliance.") in the breach notice. If ICANN proceeds with termination after 22nd June 2023, then this will be a disaster for Epik (old and new) and for those victims still owed money.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The bigger picture is that the domain name market changed and the best that a lot of people and companies made on many more businesses going online in a post-Covid world turned out to be wrong. Shopify, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Facebook even Godaddy have all had problems. The valuation of Epik in a rising market might have been somewhat optimistic given the state of the current market.

There was a mention of other compliance issues ("ICANN conducted compliance check to determine other
areas of noncompliance.") in the breach notice. If ICANN proceeds with termination after 22nd June 2023, then this will be a disaster for Epik (old and new) and for those victims still owed money.

Regards...jmcc
Fair enough. The market changed.

But, how did other registrars make it without scamming customers for most of the last year?

Other registrars were able to take money and actually process renewals and registrations.

Somehow all the other companies in the field that offer escrow or "escrow" like services were able to either complete transactions or refund the money.

If ICANN proceeds with termination after 22nd June 2023, then this will be a disaster for Epik (old and new) and for those victims still owed money.
If they continue to operate, they have left the customer liabilities (Masterbucks) behind.

So, either way it is a disaster for those victims.

That is, unless you expect a company to voluntarily pay debts when they believe they have no obligation to do so. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
So, ICANN may disallow accreditation transfer.
What would it mean?
Imo, if new guys are actively willing to run a registrar under Epik brand serving at least current customers, then they would have no choice but to somehow maintain old Epik (IANA #617) in good standing (active, not dissolved, no bankruptcy, etc.). In particular, they would need to provide all the paperwork to "cure" ICANN breach notice dated 1 June 2023. Is it possible? Maybe. At least, ICANN already received the $$$ owed - a good start.

You could certainly have a provision under which the old Epik provides services to the new Epik in order to support ongoing registrar operations until such time as ICANN approves the accreditation transfer.
... or keep doing this forever?

I may be overoptimistic, but in this scenario new guys also would have no choice but to pay masterbucks debts. As the result, this thread will naturally die (!) and there would be active registrar epik.com run by "Epik LLC" using ICANN-accredited "Epik Inc"/old Epik [let it so be, why not, more choices in a competitive market...].

If, however, new guys are not willing to pay masterbucks debts and to deal with / maintain "Epik Inc", then the outcome of ICANN disallowing accreditation transfer would be... what? Termination or non-renewal of Epik ICANN accreditation? The time will tell...

Last edited:
•••
Fair enough. The market changed.

But, how did other registrars make it without scamming customers for most of the last year?
By being better run, better funded and relying less on discounting offers that would not make much of a profit until the first renewal, if they renewed.

Somehow all the other companies in the field that offer escrow or "escrow" like services were able to either complete transactions or refund the money.
It was like Epik saw others doing various things like escrow and thought that it couldn't be difficult. It then proceeded to make a complete mess of its efforts.

If they continue to operate, they have left the customer liabilities (Masterbucks) behind.

So, either way it is a disaster for those victims.
Yep. Epik should not be allowed to get away with this.

That is, unless you expect a company to voluntarily pay debts when they believe they have no obligation to do so. :ROFL:
This should cause a lot of discussion in ICANN Compliance. Epik is not out of the woods yet.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Termination or non-renewal of Epik ICANN accreditation?
This is the important quote from the breach notice:
"If by 22 June 2023 Epik fails to take the action and provide the information described in items 1
through 4 above and cure the breach, ICANN shall commence the RAA termination process."

The new Epik may try to get more time to cure the issues but I don't know if ICANN will grant an extension.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Yep. Epik should not be allowed to get away with this.

This should cause a lot of discussion in ICANN Compliance. Epik is not out of the woods yet.
Epik essentially pushed much of their debt to customers into Masterbucks, then blocked the ability to withdraw the funds in late 2022. Then these debts were specifically excluded from the asset transfer.

People like Kathleen signed up for a normal escrow transaction, and were delivered worthless Masterbucks instead.

It took a RICO lawsuit and TRO motion for Adkisson to finally get his "escrow" funds returned, after a year.

The entire thing is so scummy.

It is obvious this plan has been in the works for some time.

mastersucks.jpg

Epik has probably just spent the last however many months selling off other assets. I am aware of (2) large domain portfolios that were sold, among other assets.

Where did this money go? It certainly was not used to pay back the debt to customers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The even bigger picture is that Rob Monster started buying up all sorts of companies in a short period of time, which has cost an awful lot of money.

•••
This is the important quote from the breach notice:
"If by 22 June 2023 Epik fails to take the action and provide the information described in items 1
through 4 above and cure the breach, ICANN shall commence the RAA termination process."

The new Epik may try to get more time to cure the issues but I don't know if ICANN will grant an extension.
If Epik didn't get ICANN permission AHEAD of time to complete the sale, they should be shut down, PERIOD end of story. Otherwise, ICANN is admitting the end justifies the means, in which case registrars can do whatever they want.

More to the point, what REAL PROOF do we have ANYTHING has changed, like do we have ANY proof ANY bills were paid??? And if you are trusting a non-proven forum poster (or a domain news site getting info from it)...no wonder people get away with so much. Remember Epik claimed support was SUPPOSED to work fine today (and manpower wouldn't be an issue), however there are multiple complaints that support is still seemingly incommunicado combined with NO reports of anyone even getting support to work / resolve issues yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Update:

All ICANN breach requirements have been met and we will work with ICANN to properly comply by June 22. All underlying registries have been paid and funded and all batched domains have been processed that were hung up for lack of funding. Luckily all domains were saved in time. It would appear that all registrations and renewals are working properly. There may be a few stragglers still resolving through mid morning Tuesday the 6th. But all domain functions should be working at this point.

We are hoping all customer support emails and phones will be back fully operational this week.

We will start working through the long list of in store credits the week of June 12th, 2023. There's a lot of problems Epik Holdings Inc made for themselves and a lot of fraud from customers that Epik Holdings Inc didn't have the sophistication to deal with. People trying to pay with Alt coins, the software not knowing what to do, creating masterbucks/credit, and then saying Epik robbed them when they were trying to pay with worthless crypto. The story isn't nearly as bad as many posts here make it seem. There's a lot to work through, and we're not minimizing the pain some of you have had to go through. Many people did normal transactions and just got caught in a cash crunch that Epik Holdings Inc had. It might take some time, but we will try to do right for as many people as possible. Everyone would have gotten zero if Epik had done bankruptcy so it might not be as fast of a resolution as you all would like, but we're making progress and already doing better than the alternative.

We're sorry that so many of you have been so inconvenienced over the past year, but the future is bright. Thank you to those that have stuck with us during this tough time.

Also, FYI, the asset purchase agreement that was leaked was not the asset purchase agreement Epik LLC used to acquire certain assets from Epik Holdings Inc. That deal was ruined by a temporary restraining order. We did not purchase Masterbucks or any crypto alternative resilient ecosystem stuff. Just domain software and clients. We will not be offering aftermarket, escrow, crypto, or any of the alternative resilient ecosystem ideas. Just domain registration and management.

When acquiring assets it is very common to form a new surviving LLC, use a registered agent service in a state with friendly laws, and use Independent Director services to facilitate a special purpose entity when there are a lot of logistics. This was a complicated deal. We hope to serve and help as many people that will let us. There were a lot of mistakes made and a lot to work through. Thank you for your patience as we do our best to help as many people as possible.

Will try to update again by end of the week June 16 on the progress made towards making things right for customers with in store credit. Maybe it will be an epik couple weeks. You stay epik naming professionals. We'll keep trying to fix things.

Epik LLC

•••
We're sorry that so many of you have been so inconvenienced over the past year, but the future is bright. Thank you to those that have stuck with us during this tough time.
🖕

•••
We'll keep trying to fix things.
Your impact score on this forum will serve as an indicator of how successful you are in doing so.

Have you already had your account verified by the mods?

•••
Also, FYI, the asset purchase agreement that was leaked was not the asset purchase agreement Epik LLC used to acquire certain assets from Epik Holdings Inc. That deal was ruined by a temporary restraining order. We did not purchase Masterbucks or any crypto alternative resilient ecosystem stuff. Just domain software and clients. We will not be offering aftermarket, escrow, crypto, or any of the alternative resilient ecosystem ideas. Just domain registration and management.
First of all it was not "leaked". It was an exhibit from a public court record. You are more than welcome to post a copy of the asset purchase agreement here.

Man, the guy Epik scammed $300k+ from in an "escrow" transaction from a year ago, almost ruined the deal. What an asshole he must be!

I am amazed how blatant and clumsy all this stuff has been.

You must be real confident that ICANN is going to just rubber stamp a transfer, to a week old entity, that leaves so many Epik victims holding the bag.

It also seems like you really enjoy being a douchebag to the people Epik screwed over, with your little condescending jabs.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
We have shifted 10 customer support reps to support Epik.com customers starting Monday. We provide backend domain registrar services currently and can flex to as many people as needed to provide better customer service than any other option out there. It will take us some time though to learn Epik.coms software and quirks and obvious business operational problems that aren't normal. Our goal by the end of the week is to have 95% of phone calls answered live. 5% going to voicemail with a call returned in 2 hours or less. All support emails answered within 2 hours.

We are hoping all customer support emails and phones will be back fully operational this week.

You originally stated that 10 customer support reps would be shifted to Epik.com customers STARTING Monday. Now you are saying you "hope" to have email/phones fully operational this week (that means there is NO guarantee they even will work this week). Sadly, seems like more of the same tactics the "previous" owner(s) used. :(

Last edited:
•••
You originally stated that 10 customer support reps would be shifted to Epik.com customers STARTING Monday. Now you are saying you "hope" to have email/phones fully operational this week (that means there is no guarantee they even will work this week). Sadly, seems like more of the same tactics the "previous" owner(s) used. :(
Maybe they can offload more liabilities before Epik 3.0.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
All ICANN breach requirements have been met and we will work with ICANN to properly comply by June 22.
You seemingly contradicted yourself.
EITHER "ALL ICANN breach requirements have been met" OR "we will work with ICANN to properly comply by June 22.

•••
You seemingly contradicted yourself.
EITHER "ALL ICANN breach requirements have been met" OR "we will work with ICANN to properly comply by June 22.
It sounds like Epik 2.0 is being run by some domain noob as well.

Brian Royce, is that you?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Before you post any more about the registrar, your plans, what happened previously, etc.
PROVE who you are and PROVE your relationship with Epik Domains & Epik LLC.
Also PROVE who the new owner(s) / investor(s) of Epik LLC is/are
so the domaining community knows it IS in fact NEW ownership & investor(s), rather than just a new corporation that kept any/some/all of the previous owner(s) / investor(s).
Until the foundation is secured, I don't see any reason to believe anything posted, especially from a Non-NP verified account, not to mention, while ICANN STILL has the registrar listed in "Breach".

Last edited:
•••
Before you post any more about the registrar, your plans, what happened previously, etc.
PROVE who you are and PROVE your relationship with Epik Domains & Epik LLC.
Until the foundation is secured, I don't see any reason to believe anything posted from a Non-NP verified account.
You, know normally I would think...Wow, it would be so stupid and inconsiderate to post this stuff on here.
There is no way this could be legitimate.

But, this is Epik we are talking about.

However, I agree that if some party wants to keep posting as "Epik LLC" the account needs to be verified as authentic.

@Bravo Mod Team

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Here's the screenshot:
1686023095048.png

Last edited:
•••
I can't view that tweet when I am logged in, because the "free speech" champions blocked me.
An "inconvenience" is me opening another browser to view it.

An "inconvenience" is not being scammed out of money.

So, now "Epik LLC" is using both Twitter accounts I guess.

Brad
Apparently Monster is running operations at new company. This trash fire will be glorious.

•••
So, now "Epik LLC" is using both Twitter accounts I guess.
"Old" Epik used both Twitter accounts now "New" Epik uses both Twitter accounts...why am I supposed to believe anything has really changed at Epik???

Last edited:
•••
"Old" Epik used both Twitter accounts now "New" Epik uses both Twitter accounts...why am I supposed to believe anything has really changed at Epik???
I'm not kidding. Rob Monster is working for new guys. Brian Royce might be but I don't think so. Just when you think the trash fire might go out someone goes and throws some tires on the pile. This has escalated from red hot dumpster fire to full on tire fire.

1686024927101.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back