IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone know what happens to domains held at a registrar that folds up or files for bankruptcy?

•••
Does anyone know what happens to domains held at a registrar that folds up or files for bankruptcy?
A receiver would be appointed by the court. That could take months or years to get distributed. The court system in the United States is very slow.

•••
ICANN terminates them. ICANN will also ask them to determine a new registrar to transfer the domains to (subject to approval by ICANN), and to cooperate with this registrar. Registerfly, Estdomains, Pheenix, Net 4 India, Alpnames... are all history now, after being terminated.

•••
ICANN terminates them. ICANN will also ask them to determine a new registrar to transfer the domains to (subject to approval by ICANN), and to cooperate with this registrar. Registerfly, Estdomains, Pheenix, Net 4 India, Alpnames... are all history now, after being terminated.

So, those who have reggd names there, are safe?

•••
They are safe, in general. If Epik went under, the registrations would be moved to another registrar.

One exception would be if they fall through a crack, for instance you pay for a renewal fee and it is not applied properly. If people have paid for renewals recently, and going forward, I would make sure they are applied at the registry level.

Brad

•••
I think you could argue that promising "The Swiss Bank of Domains" then providing the Swiss cheese of escrow services could be considered a "trick".

Freezing customer funds without notice for almost 2 months now, going radio silent, imposing a one-sided TOS, imposing outrageous fees, admitting there was "comingling" of funds, etc.

When you promise one quality of service and provide another...that sure sounds like a "trick" to me.

Brad
Ain’t no argument

History repeated excessively

Relax Chad

•••
Yes. Assuming that Epik will cooperate with a new registrar, there should be no issues "who owns what" (if there was a privacy and if the real registrant details were not escrowed by some reason).

As a side note, deaccredited registrar may try to become a reseller of the gaining ICANN-
accredited registrar, in this case the domains will still be manageable via the same website/login/password...

•••
They are safe, in general. If Epik went under, the registrations would be moved to another registrar.

One exception would be if they fall through a crack, for instance you pay for a renewal fee and it is not applied properly. If people have paid for renewals recently, and going forward, I would make sure they are applied at the registry level.
It also greatly depends on how Epik administers domain ownership using their Anonymize service. We've seen some shady things in the past.

•••
It also greatly depends on how Epik administers domain ownership using their Anonymize service. We've seen some shady things in the past.
Yes, I for one have removed privacy on the few remaining names I have there (in a 60-day lock) and updated whois records at domainIQ and Whois.com.

•••

If they are actually registered to you.

As I've been saying for years, if you try not to associate yourself with your domain registrations - by using fake information or privacy services, etc. - then you are limiting your ability to actually prove they were yours when you have to.

•••
Yes, I for one have removed privacy on the few remaining names I have there (in a 60-day lock) and updated whois records at domainIQ and Whois.com.
If they are actually registered to you.

As I've been saying for years, if you try not to associate yourself with your domain registrations - by using fake information or privacy services, etc. - then you are limiting your ability to actually prove they were yours when you have to.
Yes, that could lead to quite the clusterfuck situation.

Ideally you would be able to trust a company to cooperate and do the right thing.
In this case I think you need to take as many precautions as possible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
A receiver would be appointed by the court. That could take months or years to get distributed. The court system in the United States is very slow.
What's your practical experience with registrars that go bankrupt? See @tonyk2000's answer, too.

•••
What's your practical experience with registrars that go bankrupt? See @tonyk2000's answer, too.
Imo, Hal explained the situation with the domains _owned_ by Epik (as well as any and all other things _owned_ by the company in question). Yeah, Epik, as a company, owns a bunch of atermarket domains, and said domains may have some value. Another question is what new registrar would manage the domains, regardless of domain ownership, it is ICANN thing and it is what we discussed in last posts.

Last edited:
•••
I agree to some extent. The trend nowadays is for the largest registrars to enable privacy services by default for all domain registrations. The customer has to actively turn this off.

•••
Imo, Hal explained the situation with the domains _owned_ by Epik (as well as any and all other things _owned_ by the company in question). Yeah, Epik, as a company, owns a bunch of atermarket domains, and said domains may have some value. Another question is what new registrar would manage the domains, regardless of domain ownership, it is ICANN thing and it is what we discussed in last posts.
True, Epik owns a lot of domains. Masterbucks.com is one of them, although I'm not sure in the new legal construction.

I'm curious to which category (Brad's) PianoMoving.com falls in case of bankruptcy. Or (Bill's) DNProtect.com.

Last edited:
•••
I'm curious to which category (Brad's) PianoMoving.com falls in case of bankruptcy. Or (Bill's) DNProtect.com.
Imo, real whois (before privacy) should be taken in account, what else? Hope that DnProtect.com , even though is publicly under privacy by Anonymize, Inc., is owned by @bhartzer and he should have full control (separate account). It is 100% his project, as confirmed in AMA.

Pianomoving ownership is a big puzzle. We'll probably find out what really happened if and only if epik will be hacked again, and new server images will become public..

Last edited:
•••
Imo, real whois (before privacy) should be taken in account, what else? Hope that DnProtect.com , even though is publicly under privacy by Anonymize, Inc., is owned by @bhartzer and he should have full control (separate account). It is 100% his project, as confirmed in AMA.
It would be a joint project of Rob Monster and Bill Hartzer, so I read in that AMA. But there were also many signs that it is or has been a brand of Epik.

•••
•••
It would be a joint project of Rob Monster and Bill Hartzer, so I read in that AMA. But there were also many signs that it is or has been a brand of Epik.

DNProtect.com was actually sold to Rob years ago see quote below, not sure if Bill owns the domain now or if they both own it:

Bill this was an Epik product correct? Because I came up with the name and owned DNProtect.com which Rob purchased from me years ago.

•••
Hal - you need to freshen up your collection skills. You violated FDCPA by mentioning the alleged debtor that your company is pursuing. Also, various state laws protecting debtors. You know better Hal.

I’m on the good guys side / exposing what needs to be exposed at Epik and getting everyone paid. But, everyone needs to stay within the law.

Assuming you are not an attorney Hal.

•••
Hal - you need to freshen up your collection skills. You violated FDCPA by mentioning the alleged debtor that your company is pursuing. Also, various state laws protecting debtors. You know better Hal.

I’m on the good guys side / exposing what needs to be exposed at Epik and getting everyone paid. But, everyone needs to stay within the law.

Assuming you are not an attorney Hal.
Your master was requested

•••
DNProtect.com was actually sold to Rob years ago see quote below, not sure if Bill owns the domain now or if they both own it:
It is barely possible to follow for the outsider what is happening internally at Epik...

Fortunately, there is now a CEO who claims to have a good eye for these kinds of details.

•••
Yes, that could lead to quite the clusterfuck situation.

Ideally you would be able to trust a company to cooperate and do the right thing.
In this case I think you need to take as many precautions as possible.

Brad

I lost a domain like this (CarsNet), because I had my WHOIS as "Domain Admin" and my email for that account expired, so I couldn't log in to the account which was provisioned with NameJet automatically to the old email that expired, and NetSol kept telling me to ask the owner "Domain Admin" to change the WHOIS with court documents, some crazy shit, nobody is called Domain Admin. I even showed them proof that I purchased it in a drop auction with bill statements etc. they still refused to change to WHOIS or transfer out, and thus the name expired. Lesson learned, always put your real name and address and everything, and put a gmail email, because the .com admin email expired and that time I took a break from domaining and lost it.

•••
A question for those who have recently been paid.

Which entity made the payment exactly?

Email address, legal company name, bank account #, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
•••
A question for those who have recently been paid.

Which entity made the payment exactly?

Email address, legal company name, bank account #, that sort of thing.
Contact info
Epik, Inc.
206-826-2345
[email protected]
Note
Epik: MB Cashout
Details
Sent by Epik, Inc.
$221.41
Fee
-$10.04

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back