Domain Empire

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great news that people are starting to get paid. Let's hope it continues like this.
Yep. Absolutely awesome that people are receiving funds. The fees suck, but payment less the fees is still a whole lot better than where we were all thinking this was going...

•••
Good to hear that, when did you request your payment?

•••
You sent the withdrawal request before Masterbucks site went under maintenance or after (with new fees)?
After

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi

sooo

wondering what is/was the estimated total of all MB that was frozen and how much interest did that sum earn during that time?

also, wondering what the total sum of all new fee's that will be deducted from each user upon withdrawal?...

as this estimate, would be a hypothetical amount earned from the maintenance or maybe to help pay the cost to perform/install it.

just pondering the pages of this event...

imo...

I just got my money by paypal too. They use standard paypal transfer. So epik charge 3.9% when you request withdraw, and paypal will charge $0.3 + 4.4% too. Plus the BIN fee 10%. You need to pay 18.8% if you want to sell domain on epik.

I request withdraw for $230.4 yesterday and I get $211.3 in my paypal. The total withdraw fee is 8.3% for withdraw by paypal.

Hi

i see the fee's paid, are now starting to show for withdrawals of balances due, per payment option.

very interesting....

imo...

•••
Did you receive your money? My withdraw is still in pending...

•••
I just got my money by paypal too. They use standard paypal transfer. So epik charge 3.9% when you request withdraw, and paypal will charge $0.3 + 4.4% too. Plus the BIN fee 10%. You need to pay 18.8% if you want to sell domain on epik.
Ridiculous is an understatement

•••
You sent the withdrawal request before Masterbucks site went under maintenance or after (with new fees)?
Escrow transaction was completed on 22nd September. I initiated the withdrawal on 11th oct.

At that time i think they did not have withdrawal fee.

•••
Despite the weeks your funds were frozen, despite the new TOS that was imposed without agreement, despite the absurd fees, despite the absolutely awful communications, and despite all the other nonsense, it is good to see some people are finally starting to see payments.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Ridiculous is an understatement
At that point you might as well just use Afternic. Sure they charge 20%, but with way less bullshit. :)

But in reality, you might as well just use Escrow.com, Sedo, or Dan.com.
What is the upside of using Epik AND paying higher fees?

All the other companies just pay directly without the need of some internal token that comes along with a brand new, ridiculous TOS.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
To be part of the "parallel economy" that Epik is creating (according to their former CEO).
Hold on, now that some payments are going out I am sure someone from Epik will be around shortly with the self-promotional posts. :ROFL:

Epik has 253 YouTube subscribers, and that video has 35 (now 36) views in 3 months.
I don't think they are going to be taking on Paypal anytime soon. ;)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Before people consider doing future business with a company, they might want to consider this old proverb -

"fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Last edited:
•••
I can confirm I was paid this morning, to Paypal I had $6,440 there was that 3.9% fee, I got the rest this morning. I thought the Veriff.me process wasn't bad, it was done for me in less than two minutes. I hope everyone gets their money and this chapter in domaining ends on a high note with people paid,

•••
I can confirm I was paid this morning, to Paypal I had $6,440 there was that 3.9% fee, I got the rest this morning. I thought the Veriff.me process wasn't bad, it was done for me in less than two minutes. I hope everyone gets their money and this chapter in domaining ends on a high note with people paid,
Are people being gouged for (2) Paypal fees? One to Epik when they send it, then also one from Paypal when they receive it?

Brad

•••
Great to see people finally getting their money.

•••
Are people being gouged for (2) Paypal fees? One to Epik when they send it, then also one from Paypal when they receive it?

Brad
Well I think Brad the 3.9% fee was to Epik and then Paypal will charge me what they do when people pay me using the traditional payment way not using Masspay (I think it's still called that).

•••
Well I think Brad the 3.9% fee was to Epik and then Paypal will charge me what they do when people pay me using the traditional payment way not using Masspay (I think it's still called that).
Wow, getting dinged in both directions on payouts. Terrible.

I think it is funny that Epik set the bar so low that people seem happy to get whatever they can, even with the new fees and TOS that was imposed when their funds were frozen.

Brad

•••
I believe his home country if I'm correct is in The Netherlands, the Dutch Kingdom, they really do not play around there at all, he will be prosecuted if this is the case.

He was born and raised in the US as far as I can remember from my conversations with him. His parents are Dutch-American, hence the surname, and his accent, family names. He does however hold the Dutch nationality so there would be an opening to sue in The Netherlands if there's a civil case.

•••
Wow, getting dinged in both directions on payouts. Terrible.

I think it is funny that Epik set the bar so low that people seem happy to get whatever they can, even with the new fees and TOS that was imposed when their funds were frozen.

Brad

Hi

what if there is no bar /
knowing that in the end, folks would be happy to get whatever they are getting now?

imo...

•••
He was born and raised in the US as far as I can remember from my conversations with him. His parents are Dutch-American, hence the surname, and his accent, family names. He does however hold the Dutch nationality so there would be an opening to sue in The Netherlands if there's a civil case.
Nope. He's Dutch.

•••
Some of the larger payments in the hundreds of thousands haven't been paid out yet.

•••
I'm delighted people are getting their money. And in fact once you have your money, there is nothing to stop you demanding repayment of the unjustified retrospective fees.

Seems Epik found the funds to renew the Masterbucks domain today. Them having funds for you may be someone else's loss - the funds might be taken from another domain sale on the platform or a raid on other company funds.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back