Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
More new victims.

Epik is clearly still doing business and sticking customers with worthless magic beans (Masterbucks). Epik obviously knows that they are not able to pay these debts.

Brian Royce can't blame anyone else at this point. He has been CEO for over (5) months now. :clown:

epikvictim.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I honestly feel for the victims of Epik. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to go from selling a domain to not only being unable to withdraw the money because Masterbucks are useless, but also having little to zero response from Epik support throughout. It's like a total FU to the same people that put trust in them to close deals and use them as a registar smh

•••
•••
I regularly visit this page to expand the horizons of my imagination regarding the infinity of lows that someone can penetrate, just when you were thinking that it is the dead bottom and there is nothing further out there.

Epik is unbelievable!

•••
There is what is known as a "registrar of last resort" for domain names that have been rejected by other registrars. Before ICANN and in the ccTLD world, it used to be the registry that acted as the ROLR but that created arguments about the registries competing with their registrars. The growth in ICANN accredited retail registrars means that it may be possible for people who are worried about the risk of their domain name being deplatformed to move to other registrars in the event of Epik losing its accreditation.

For registrars looking at taking over Epik's registration business, the priority would be to break down the nature of the registrations into categories. The most obvious targets are the ones that consistently renew. These form Epik's core business in terms of generating repeating (and reliable) revenue.

Then there are largely speculative registrations that only last a single year and are not renewed. Many of them will be for sale either on Epik's own market place or on other sales sites. There will also be a set of domain names where price is the main concern for the registrants. These registrants are more likely to move their domain names regularly to get the best renewal prices. It may be that deplatformed domain names or those at the risk of deplatforming are a very small percentage of Epik's business.

After a registrar's initial growth phase, it will begin to make money from renewals. Epik is, in market terms, a mature registrar and it makes relatively consistent money from renewals. These are the domain names in which that other registrars would be most interested. The problem for any trade sale of Epik is its debt. Investors may also be concerned about getting their investments back and the breakup valuation of Epik will be a major concern for them.

Any buyer would need to separate the viable domain name business from the debt. The alternative, for a buyer, would be to wait and see if Epik loses its accreditation and if there is a bidding process for the domain names. Before that happens, there would be a rise in bulk transfer offers by other registrars specifically targeting Epik customers with portfolios.

ICANN prefers that registrars resolve problems. It has an escalation path when a registrar misbehaves and the ultimate sanction is that the registrar loses its accreditation. Unfortunately, for those stung with Masterbucks, ICANN may have no jurisdiction over these transactions unless it can be convinced that the Epik was in breach of its registrar agreement with ICANN. Any notices about breaches will appear here:

https://www.icann.org/compliance/notices

ICANN moves quite slowly when it comes to taking action against a registrar. Hoping for ICANN to take prompt action against a registrar is a bit like hoping to win the lottery. It could happen but it probably won't. ICANN Compliance will help with individual cases but it is necessary to file those complaints because ICANN is not going to go looking for them.

I think that Royce may be trying to save Epik as a going concern but without Monster's marketing, it is a very difficult task. A retail registrar needs a good mix of registrants and that would include Mom and Pop businesses, bluechip companies and domainers.

Epik's targeting of price sensitive registrants was a risky move because those domain names move to follow the latest discounts. It also made Epik vulnerable to any shifts in the market and 2022 was one of .COM's worst years for growth for some time.

Only a percentage of its registrations are up for renewal each month and Epik has to get them renewed if it is not to incur the anger of ICANN. It seems to be trying to lessen the immediate financial impact of having to pay for those renewals at once by adjusting the first grace period (0-45 days determined by the registrar). Registrants who have not set their domain names to auto-renew will take advantage of this.

Recovering Epik from its current situation would be difficult in a strong domain name market even for those who have experience in the business. For Epik, the worst thing will be if its non-renewal rate starts to rise in conjunction with domain names being transferred out to other registrars. It would have to rely more on new registrations.

Regards...jmcc

•••
What would be the reason for Epik using cloudflare for nameserver? Is this really new?
Anti-DDoS and Content Delivery System. Some registrars and hosters use Cloudflare or other such services for their customer-facing services. Typically, it isn't unusual. Its other domain names and those of many of its customers are probably still on the epik.com nameservers.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Anti-DDoS and Content Delivery System.
It would be remarkable if this (the move to CloudFlare) were the reason at Epik, because Epik advertises itself as an expert in such resilient services. I myself suspect that there is either a shortage of skilled system administrators (left) to maintain these systems, or that it will become easier to sell individual parts of the company in this way. Epik may also have decided not to continue with this line of business.

Look, they even claim that their resilient solutions outperform those of CloudFlare...

https://www.epik.com/resilient/

1675771678772.png

Last edited:
•••
It would be remarkable if this were the reason at Epik, because the company advertises itself as an expert in such resilient services. I myself suspect that there is either a shortage of skilled system administrators to maintain these systems, or that it will become easier to sell individual parts of the company in this way. Epik may have decided not to continue with this line of business.

https://www.epik.com/resilient/

Show attachment 231721
Complex systems require care and maintenance. They also require people to do that work. Epik has been laying off people recently so Cloudflare is probably a good option as it effectively outsources part of the operation. Epik seems to be focusing on its domain name business as its core business. Royce is probably trying to reduce operating costs and Epik's non-core businesses would be analysed to see if they are making enough money to justify their continued operation.

SSL certs used to be a money maker for registrars but Let's Encrypt upset that market.

Cloudflare also has a free/introductory tier which makes it difficult for any competing business targeting the same market.

WHOIS privacy has become less of an issue after GDPR because registrars are simply not publishing as much information now and WHOIS is being phased out in favour of RDAP. RDAP is tiered in terms of what registration data is published.

The "own it forever" thing just doesn't work because the maximum registration and renewal periods for gTLD registries is still ten years.

DNProtect was shut down.

These all look like attempts to upsell domain name registrants to potentially more profitable services. Most retail registrars do this.

What is happening with Epik looks like a corporate restructuring because the Covid Bubble market that allowed some registrars to grow quickly no longer exists. Epik is not immune to these wider market trends.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
ICANN moves quite slowly when it comes to taking action against a registrar. Hoping for ICANN to take prompt action against a registrar is a bit like hoping to win the lottery. It could happen but it probably won't. ICANN Compliance will help with individual cases but it is necessary to file those complaints because ICANN is not going to go looking for them.
I was kind of wondering about this. Has anybody sued ICANN before for being so slow and not taking action on a registrar this is obviously having issues. Just kind of sitting on their ass doing nothing while more and more people get screwed over.

Last edited:
•••
Seems the Monsteroids are still very active on here - downvoting this and other stuff. So they are busy watching - why?

Here are three companies offering that mobile billboard service in the Seattle area:

https://bulldogbillboards.com/locations/truck-advertising-in-seattle/
https://cantmiss.us/seattle-tacoma-mobile-billboard/
https://americanmobileads.com/markets/seattle_tacoma

And an idea of prices here:
https://www.bluelinemedia.com/mobile-billboard-advertising

This really is a chance for Monster to see his name in lights.
I'M seriously think that something like this need to be done, actually I think that need to be done parking the mobile billboard in front of the church he goes to pray when there are lot of people (if its true that he goes there), we can collect the money between all of us that want to do this, I'M in for this.

•••
I'M seriously think that something like this need to be done, actually I think that need to be done parking the mobile billboard in front of the church he goes to pray when there are lot of people (if its true that he goes there), we can collect the money between all of us that want to do this, I'M in for this.
Such posters should be installed in hell, where he will undoubtedly end up.
Again, it is better to put up posters in front of the police, the prosecutor, the FBI asking why these crooks are thriving in their city and country.

•••
I was kind of wondering about this. Has anybody sued ICANN before for being so slow and not taking action on a registrar this is obviously having issues. Just kind of sitting on their ass doing nothing while more and more people get screwed over.
It generally quickly follows up individual complaints about registrations or renewals. The other complaints about thefts and unauthorised transfers might require time to gather evidence. I'm not sure about ICANN being sued for being slow to take take action against a registrar.

ICANN has taken action against registrars in the past. ICANN is limited in what it can do on Masterbucks because it would probably claim that the Masterbucks issue is one between the sellers and Epik. It may be able to find a way to encourage Epik to pay what it owes but as with everything, these things take time.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is running a transfer deal for those looking to move domains out.

Hello,

We've just launched our biggest .COM Transfer Sale yet!

Please use COMSWITCH at checkout for $8.95 on ALL Regular priced .COM Transfers! The Coupon is active until 3/1/23 0:00 UTC (while supplies last). Happy Transferring!

-Caleb

•••
candida.com no longer refers to Epik, as already written.
So nothing surprising, a banal crime, theft of money.
The only thing that is unusual is that it was stolen from an American woman.
It seems that they prefer to rob foreigners.

•••
•••
It kind of shows how much of a minor player they are, especially without domainer support.

They are barely in the top 100 when it comes to total registrations, surrounded by other registrars most people would have never heard of.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah in the top 100 as registrar and in the Top 10 as criminal........

•••
It kind of shows how much of a minor player they are, especially without domainer support.

They are barely in the top 100 when it comes to total registrations, surrounded by other registrars most people would have never heard of.

Brad
I'll post full documents soon but take a look at the metrics Rob's used to sell Epik. Not quit 1.8M domains. And $2B valuation?!?! LOLOLOL!!!!!

No wonder all the investors are pissed. Fraud from smooth talking "christian" salesman. What a filthy lying piece of crap Rob Monster is. It's time to put Monster's ass in jail.

zxdvadv zvb.jpg

•••
I'll post full documents soon but take a look at the metrics Rob's used to sell Epik. Not quit 1.8M domains. And $2B valuation?!?! LOLOLOL!!!!!

No wonder all the investors are pissed. Fraud from smooth talking "christian" salesman. What a filthy lying piece of crap Rob Monster is. It's time to put Monster's ass in jail.

Show attachment 231734
$2B... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

The amount of domains under management is clearly inflated.

NameBio.com has 1.2M reported sales. The total dollar volume is $2.4B.

Those are not even Epik's domains anyway. Why would the value of customer domains be relevant in Epik's valuation?

Epik's actual portfolio was not even impressive. That is largely what moved to Key Systems recently for probably peanuts.

For reference purposes GoDaddy has a market cap of about $12B. They have 79M registrations vs 455K for Epik. They have more than 173x the registrations of Epik.

GoDaddy also has their own domain portfolio that they spent hundreds of millions acquiring.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Regardless, those are not even Epik's domains anyway.
Their actual portfolio was not even impressive.

Brad
Not impressive is an undertatement. They probably got average of $5/name.

The amount of domains under management is clearly inflated.

Those are not even Epik's domains anyway. Why would the value of customer domains be relevant in Epik's valuation?

Epik's actual portfolio was not even impressive. That is largely what moved to Key Systems recently for probably peanuts.

For reference purposes GoDaddy has a market cap of about $12B. They have 79M registrations vs 455K for Epik. They have more than 173x the registrations of Epik.

They also have their own domain portfolio that they spent hundreds of millions acquiring.

Brad
Are those name bios stats? Nothing to do with Epik, right?

•••
Not impressive is an undertatement. They probably got average of $5/name.

Are those name bios stats? Nothing to do with Epik, right?
Nothing to do with Epik.

That is total reported all-time domain sales, on any venue.

That valuation is a complete joke.

If GoDaddy is worth $12B, Epik is worth a tiny fraction of that. When you factor in assets vs debt, the actual value is probably negative.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
quality over quantity right?
anyone knows if epik got under users accounts some ultra valuable names?

•••
Nothing to do with Epik.

That is total reported all-time domain sales, on any venue.

That valuation is a complete joke.

If GoDaddy is worth $12B, Epik is worth a tiny fraction of that. When you factor in assets vs debt, the actual value is probably negative.

Brad
Not probably, they owe $20M and only remaining real asset is the domains they will be selling another registrar, one way or another. Real vaule of Epik = -$18M.

•••
Not probably, they owe $20M and only remaining real asset is the domains they will be selling another registrar, one way or another. Real vaule of Epik = -$18M.
I was being generous.

Counting the retail value of customer owned domains under management is such a disingenuous thing to do.
It is completely irrelevant to any business valuation.

It is a statistic designed to fool an idiot.

By the same metric, GoDaddy might be worth over a trillion dollars. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back