Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks @Gube, it must be painful to see this happening, indeed.

Last edited:
•••
When did you recover this domain?

I just talked to someone who said they purchased this domain on SEDO and the transaction was canceled.
They said it was listed on 1/17 for $7,500.

I am trying to figure out who listed it on SEDO, barely over a week ago.

Brad
Brad, as I posted on previous post, on September 20 I received the email on the attached file, basically they sent me an excel file with couple of hundreds of domains for sale, the file was named Epik Holdings portfolio, I opened the file and there was lot of my premium domains including calma.com, so they pretended to sell to me MY DOMAINS, on that file there was also calma.com priced at $ 35.000, I immediately wrote to Mr. Monster asking what was going on, then we started the drama, basically they tried to convincing me that I dropped the domains, when I showed them all the evidence that WAS NOT TRUE, and showed them that I never dropped a domain, on December 13, finally they pushed back on my account some domains including calma.com, I never listed for sale on my entire life any domains on sedo. the domain now is on my account at epik, actually you know what, I will transfer right away.

Attachments

• 27012023 calma com.png
    27012023 calma com.png
    204 KB · Views: 75
•••
on December 13, finally they pushed back on my account some domains including calma.com
Thanks. Sad to hear what happened.

Registrant information for your Calma domain currently still shows an @anonymize.com address. As suggested earlier, the strong advice right now is to de-anonymize your data in whois for all your domains, so that you can better prove ownership later when things get really nasty at Epik.

See also:

Paragraph 7 -- https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2021-1050

https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/deta...recovering-hijacked-domain-names-14-4-2016-en

•••
Thanks. Sad to hear what happened.

Registrant information for your Calma domain currently still shows an @anonymize.com address. As suggested earlier, the strong advice right now is to de-anonymize your data in whois for all your domains, so that you can better prove ownership later when things get really nasty at Epik.

See also:

Paragraph 7 -- https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2021-1050

https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/deta...recovering-hijacked-domain-names-14-4-2016-en
The domain has been transferred to sav now

•••
Is it safe to say it's just a matter of time before Epik collapses? I mean anyone with names there now should be assuming and preparing for the worst imminently right?

•••
Is it safe to say it's just a matter of time before Epik collapses? I mean anyone with names there now should be assuming and preparing for the worst imminently right?
It has been a concern ever since the "Epik" hack last year. Remember back then the big question was: Would the hack and/or & extended coverage of it cause enough financial damage -- either through lawsuits or customers leaving -- to affect Epik financially? Well the answer to that is seemingly a resounding YES with the Masterbucks payout issues still continuing over multiple MONTHS (by now). Sadly I imagine there are still MANY people who either don't know about these issues (most non-domainers) or don't believe them to be true.

In Summary:
The Epic hack was the cause for (major) concern, while the lack of Masterbucks payouts in recent months is the "writing on the wall".

Many other posters have already stated it, but In terms of "preparing for the worst" it is worth repeating: NOW is the time to transfer your domains to a different registrar (for obvious reasons). And make 100% sure the domain DOES complete the transfer, don't assume it did.
OR
If you have domain(s) that have to stay at Epik, turn OFF the Whois Privacy, that way -- if or when things completely fall off the rails -- you will have a MUCH easier time proving you owned the domain(s).

If things fall apart and WHOIS privacy is left ON, it will be MUCH harder to prove you own the domain(s). This can be due to several factors, including:
POOR WHOIS privacy record keeping (which has been a MAJOR issue with other registrars that have failed)
Even more concerning is the potential for Epik, related entities, or other individuals to potentially claim ownership of the domain (either intentionally or due to poor WHOIS privacy record keeping).

Last edited:
•••
1000%. Epik is already insolvent. The email Royce sent Kathleen certifies that.

Last edited:
•••
•••
why you modified the post, it was a very good post :)
Better to say as least as possible when dealing with criminals. Thank you for the appreciation, though.

•••
NameInvestors was also a big project for me, many many hours went into it.
Hated to see this one fall away...NI was one of the tabs I always had open.

•••
Some more data.
Based on: .com zone file of today (27/01) and bulk whois check I just run.

There are 9984 .com domains registered with Key-Systems GmbH and using ndsplitter dns.

2 domains from the above list were regged in 2022 and are expiring in 2023, so those handregs could not be transferred from Epik.

From remaining 9982 domains, 4104 were "updated" on 2023-01-24, as most of domains mentioned by @Michele Dinoia as stolen.

Accordingly, it is likely that most if not all of these 4104 domains were transferred from Epik as a part of bulk sale(?).

Annexures:

com-keysystems-ndsplitter-full.txt : full list of 9982 domains

com-keysystems-ndsplitter-0124.txt : domains updated on 01/24

*only dotcoms are covered*
*E&O expected*

Attachments

• com-keysystems-ndsplitter-0124.txt
    75.7 KB · Views: 37
  • com-keysystems-ndsplitter-full.txt
    166.8 KB · Views: 36
•••
https://www.DomainState/domain/ndsplitter.com

There are also domains moving from giant panda to ndsplitter dns.

Not sure how up to date DS data is.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Add .com after DomainState. NP won't allow me to post the domain for some reason.

•••
Brad, as I posted on previous post, on September 20 I received the email on the attached file, basically they sent me an excel file with couple of hundreds of domains for sale, the file was named Epik Holdings portfolio, I opened the file and there was lot of my premium domains including calma.com, so they pretended to sell to me MY DOMAINS, on that file there was also calma.com priced at $ 35.000, I immediately wrote to Mr. Monster asking what was going on, then we started the drama, basically they tried to convincing me that I dropped the domains, when I showed them all the evidence that WAS NOT TRUE, and showed them that I never dropped a domain, on December 13, finally they pushed back on my account some domains including calma.com, I never listed for sale on my entire life any domains on sedo. the domain now is on my account at epik, actually you know what, I will transfer right away.
I wonder who listed the domain for sale on Sedo on 1/17. 🤔

Brad

•••
Some more data.

There are 9984 .com domains registered with Key-Systems GmbH and using ndsplitter dns.

2 domains from the above list were regged in 2022 and are expiring in 2023, so those handregs could not be transferred from Epik.

From remaining 9982 domains, 4104 were "updated" on 2023-01-24, as most of domains mentioned by @Michele Dinoia as stolen.

Accordingly, it is likely that most if not all of these 4104 domains were transferred from Epik as a part of bulk sale(?).

Annexures:

*E&O expected*
Here are the top domains, by Esitbot value.

I am starting to wonder if this is a portfolio sale, or just the start of trying to move assets for other reasons, like hiding them.

You will notice the most valuable domain on this list is Patterns.com, which Epik reportedly seized control from the owner.

patterns.com
314598​
harddrives.com
302800​
redwine.com
222252​
laptopcomputers.com
181517​
businessservices.com
173048​
notebookcomputers.com
173023​
orphans.com
118558​
portableprojector.com
110241​
handcuffed.com
101022​
sockswomen.com
63539​
hayalet.com
48267​
tightskirt.com
47873​
onlinetravel.com
47417​
hempdresses.com
44895​
lingeriesets.com
39104​
saturncars.com
36981​
vanpersie.com
35347​
flatboots.com
32439​
uavu.com
30312​
johnna.com
27257​
pilav.com
26051​
hdprojector.com
24987​
patriarchal.com
24868​
chandelierlighting.com
22837​
cancerchemotherapy.com
22456​
motosnet.com
22389​
basx.com
21451​
pseudotumorcerebri.com
21032​
esqw.com
20878​
paternitytests.com
20595​
directoryassistance.com
20485​
sharpiemarkers.com
19095​
hempmasters.com
18825​
winff.com
18451​
vidk.com
18274​
maternitytops.com
17984​
sevenjeans.com
17892​
nikichow.com
17512​
glbacompliance.com
17429​
lipmakeup.com
17365​
whoq.com
16244​
hulaskirt.com
16237​
web-de.com
15917​
voltaic.com
15210​
chaoshead.com
14100​
maternityshirts.com
13756​
chat-rooms.com
12959​
utilitycart.com
12712​
insomniatreatments.com
12680​
zich.com
12643​
krystalsteel.com
12419​
simplexml.com
12281​
mobils.com
12217​
braceletwatch.com
12081​
jeuxdemaquillage.com
11951​
eveensler.com
11505​
alyw.com
11410​
ebaj.com
11409​
illidan.com
11409​
attorneyi.com
11075​
yanc.com
11031​
veritasaequitas.com
11028​
gourmetsalts.com
10916​
dzuk.com
10856​
mikhailbaryshnikov.com
10834​
emfmeter.com
10798​
loveshoes.com
10790​
mroizo.com
10577​
vantaggio.com
10474​
pulsoximeter.com
10363​
obstetric.com
10276​
accessiblity.com
10250​
nembu.com
10250​
kingsheet.com
10168​
247stockpicks.com
10148​
taliashire.com
10077​
defenceattorney.com
10041​

Last edited:
•••
Add .com after DomainState. NP won't allow me to post the domain for some reason.
lol domainstate used to be a thriving domain name forum. Competition for namepros so they blocked any links

•••
Some more data.

Annexures:

*E&O expected*
Thanks for this valuable information. Is there any way you can get a list from 1/26?

That is when the (5) domains @Michele Dinoia referred to were updated.

They are on the longer list, but not the 1/24 list. It means another batch came in, or the nameservers were updated then.

Brad

•••
•••
Well, to me there are only (2) reasons -

1.) They are not aware of the news. Many people don't read forums, blogs, Twitter, use Masterbucks, etc.
2.) It is not financially feasible to transfer a large amount of domains.

Outside those (2) options I have no idea why someone would continue to do business with a company that reportedly owes millions in customer debt and can't seem to carry out the standard functions of a registrar, registrations and renewals.

We have reports of registrations taking 16 days, now domains being sold as expired because the renewals were not applied.

Brad
60-day lock is another reason.

•••
Is there any way you can get a list from 1/26?

Yeah. Many of later dates are (imho) registry autorenewals though, so some domains may have nothing to do with Epik. In any case -

updated on Jan 25th:

aolechina.com
chinazjf.com
friedrichsruhe.com
shettysoft.com
yajobs.com

updated on Jan 26th:

22512211.com
918098.com
autonomi.com
codesxblfree.com
dcmcbook.com
pollice.com
premiereleague.com
tehamainc.com
titolo.com
valido.com

updated on Jan 27th:

007103.com
033564.com
056246.com
073178.com
075527.com
120032.com
164900.com
176816.com
194300.com
208265.com
94stock.com
anzianos.com
mariholden.com
sibenwein.com
unvrz.com
zjyuanxi.com

•••
•••
I am not a lawyer, but I could tell you the discovery stage in a lawsuit would be an epik shit show.
All the commingling of businesses, funds, assets, etc.

You have outstanding customer debts, that are reportedly in the millions.

Epik still did "escrow" business after Rob left leaving people like @Kathleen Kalaf with a $91K loss.

Domain Empire owed a reported $1.5M.

@Igor Gabrielan still owed $55K+.

You have renewals being paid for, not applied, and returned in store credit...leading to the loss of domains that Epik later sold. They are getting paid twice while customers lose domains.

You have Patterns.com which Epik reportedly took rightful possession from a customer, now it has been transferred to another registrar.

You have all the reported missing domains by @Michele Dinoia.

Almost everyone at Epik has been terminated.
You have Rob in hiding.

As time goes on, it seems like the victim list grows.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. Many of later dates are (imho) registry autorenewals though, so some domains may have nothing to do with Epik. In any case -

updated on Jan 25th:

aolechina.com
chinazjf.com
friedrichsruhe.com
shettysoft.com
yajobs.com

updated on Jan 26th:

22512211.com
918098.com
autonomi.com
codesxblfree.com
dcmcbook.com
pollice.com
premiereleague.com
tehamainc.com
titolo.com
valido.com

updated on Jan 27th:

007103.com
033564.com
056246.com
073178.com
075527.com
120032.com
164900.com
176816.com
194300.com
208265.com
94stock.com
anzianos.com
mariholden.com
sibenwein.com
unvrz.com
zjyuanxi.com

So all (5) domains @Michele Dinoia initially reported are on the 1/26 list.
I am going to assume there are a lot more on the 1/24 list.

Brad

•••
lol domainstate used to be a thriving domain name forum. Competition for namepros so they blocked any links
the forum can nowhere be found? Completely dead already...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back