IT.COM

.mobi The first 10 PREMIUM names have been announced for sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The first set of ten .mobi domain names will be made available via auction at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East domain conference in Hollywood, Florida, on October 27, 2006.

See www.targetedtraffic.com for further details on this event.

The ten .mobi domains to be auctioned are:

Fun
Hot
Wow
Laugh
Party
Flowers
Celebs
Gossip
Cheaptickets
Stockquotes

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the keywords will work better at first, until companies buy shortened versions of the keyword and spend money advertising to brand the shortened version. So within a year you may say flw.mobi become more popular the flowers.mobi, but that will cost a pretty penny in advertising.

•••
texasgamer said:
I hope cheaptickets.mobi goes for big bucks. It may help my typo:
cheeptickets.mobi

for me, Flowers and Fun sice I have:

JustFun.mobi
MyFlowers.mobi

-;)

•••
izo-pod said:
...Keystrokes is the "key"

7 - Fun
6 - Hot
5 - Wow
10 - Laugh
9 - Party
20 - Flowers
16 - Celebs
17 - Gossip
25 - Cheaptickets
27 - Stockquotes

wow, you were right stockquotes.mobi went for 27K .. is that what you meant? :sold: :p

•••
i think he was talking about how many times buttons have to be pressed to get to that name, but that wont matter if all phones have a qwerty keypad in the future.

•••
nrmillions said:
i think he was talking about how many times buttons have to be pressed to get to that name, but that wont matter if all phones have a qwerty keypad in the future.

i know ... i was just being persnickity... the whole keystoke thing was being way overplayed imo

•••
namewaiter said:
... the whole keystoke thing was being way overplayed imo

Agreed. Made for easy pickins on hand regging *slightly* longer high traffic keyword phrases, though.

burp.

•••
jeremyp said:
The first set of ten .mobi domain names will be made available via auction at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East domain conference in Hollywood, Florida, on October 27, 2006.

See www.targetedtraffic.com for further details on this event.

The ten .mobi domains to be auctioned are:

Fun
Hot
Wow
Laugh
Party
Flowers
Celebs
Gossip
Cheaptickets
Stockquotes

I would go for Fun and Hot if I had more to invest. Hopefully my dir.mobi will have some value in couple of years.

•••
namewaiter said:
the whole keystoke thing was being way overplayed imo

I'm curious about how you all surf ... personally I do most of my surfing via click thrus from search engines and other sites - I type in maybe 1 out of 100 sites, and of those type-ins maybe 1 out of 10 to a site I don't already know. Usually I have to type-in because I've wiped out my browser history and the drop down list disappeared.

IMO my surfing habits will be similar for .mobi ... I'll probably start with Google or some other good .mobi directories and click from there, eventually 80-90% of the sites I use will be repeat visits thru my bookmarks.

But that's just me personally... maybe I just don't have as much time on my hands to surf around... anyways, I'm still aiming at short, but for me that means under 20 characters, which will fit in a G-listing and should fit across a phone screen. :|

compubahn said:
Agreed. Made for easy pickins on hand regging *slightly* longer high traffic keyword phrases, though.

ditto :bingo:

vcool said:
Hopefully my dir.mobi will have some value in couple of years.

dir. is a recognizable abbreviation, so that helps, but I think you're greatest asset will be your early start out of the gates building an actual directory, and in a year or two the content and exposure could be worth far more than the name would have ever been on its own. IMHO

•••
Hi

Just my 2cts, key strokes will not make a difference, especially in yrs to come we will be laughing at this forum thread (key stroke problems) -too much marketing has gone into this by all main players. You don't honestly think they would not have thought this through from the start!? those unfortunate souls who end up buying theselongbusinessnames.mobi to promote their site will never stand a chance!(well not direct type in anyway) nah qwerty keyboards on cell phones will be on the way!

That out of the way I think Fun and Flowers will stand a good chance $$$ wise!

•••
flowers.mobi sold for $200,000 and Fun.mobi sold for $100,000.

Yes, folks, those are US dollars.

Both were bought by GIANTS in the industry. This IS NOT a PR stunt.

•••
Interesting list

Any news about what is going on for Party? I own the name iparty.mobi and would like to see what is the market price of Party.Mobi :)

•••
•••
AMDWarrior said:
hot.mobi will be winner :)

care to place a wager on that?

just kidding... results are already in... wasn't even close

flowers.mobi took the prize - $200K

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back