NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone else feel that the American Music Awards should be renamed the American Degradation Awards?

•••
Does anyone else feel that the American Music Awards should be renamed the American Degradation Awards?

Definitely!

•••
Yes!

•••
Client: Where are we in terms of wrapping up?

Me: Well, development is done. I’ll just need the content for [some content type] and we can review.

Client: So when do you think we’ll be done?

Me: When you get me the content.

Client: When do you think that will be?

•••
Too funny @vdonline ... and too true!

BTW, glad to see Blobbie and Batty back again (though Batty's still being an ass.)

(For the new people in this thread:
Blobfish met Batfish on an online dating site for BBF's (Big Beautiful Fish) ... or maybe it was Plenty of Fish, doesn't matter. He asked her out, then proceeded to insult her through numerous dates. Batfish is a "he", even though it looks like he's wearing red lipstick - just go with it. )

Last edited:
•••
After his annual checkup, Bob learns that he has a rare disease and 12 hours to live. His wife tearfully says, "Honey, I'm going to give you a night you'll never forget."

They make passionate love with an ardor they haven't felt in years. When they're done, Bob asks his wife, "Can we do it again?" This time it's even more passionate.

Later, as she is about to doze off, Bob gives her a nudge and says, "Honey, I know it's getting late, but I think we can do it one more time."

"That's easy for you to say," she complains. "You don't have to get up in the morning." :)
Jokes.com

•••
Client: Where are we in terms of wrapping up?

Me: Well, development is done. I’ll just need the content for [some content type] and we can review.

Client: So when do you think we’ll be done?

Me: When you get me the content.

Client: When do you think that will be?
I get this far too much.

•••
Apparently I turned 5 years old today.

Awarded: 1 minute ago
Dedicated Domainer
You've been a member for over 5 years

I feel old.

Happy birthday to me...

•••
Apparently I turned 5 years old today.

Awarded: 1 minute ago
Dedicated Domainer
You've been a member for over 5 years

I feel old.

Happy birthday to me...
You need a new banner for being an OAP.

•••
Wait, you get 10 points for being a female? How do I put in an Equal Opportunity complaint to Human Resources around here?

•••
I'll give you mine - I don't need no steenkin' 10 points :p

•••
•••
If you're going into the meat and animal rights discussion here's my question: why is it ok to be a vegetarian, eating killed plants and not ok to be a carnivore, eating slaughtered animals? Both breath, live and die.

Who said one is ok and the other isn't?

The fundamental difference is that animals have an advanced central nervous system and can thus have the intelligence to understand life and comprehend what is happening.

I've been vegetarian ( not vegan) most of my life. I don't discuss it and I don't preach to anyone else. I also get really pissy if someone starts asking me stupid questions. If someone doesn't eat broccoli nobody asks them dozens of stupid questions or tries to reason them out of it. It's just a personal choice..

I usually ask because I'm curious. Some people don't like the idea of slaughtering animals, some refuse to eat something that they couldn't kill themselves (so deer is ok, fish is ok, but pigs are not) and some people seem to have no idea. It's all a choice and I respect everyone's decision - if anything changes I will create a carnivore or herbivore thread here at NP. The only problem I have with vegans are those vegans that have cats as pets and try to make them vegan too.... this is not something that makes any sense. Cats aren't vegans. End of discussion.

I do believe in the humane treatment of animals and I do sometimes re-consider my position. I usually eat 3 vegetarian meals a week anyway because I'm not into the whole meat and two potato thing. I do love my cured ham and cheese though :(

Wait, you get 10 points for being a female? How do I put in an Equal Opportunity complaint to Human Resources around here?
We already discussed this but then I heard every like to Enlytend is worth only .72 likes.

•••
We already discussed this but then I heard every like to Enlytend is worth only .72 likes.

True dat - lol!

Trying to make a carnivore like a cat into a vegan is silly and not healthy for the cat. Same for people who feed soy to dogs instead of meat - dogs' systems don't process soy or most grains very well.

It was my personal preference to avoid being part of killing something sentient for food. I've eased up on this a little over the years and will occasionally sample things from the low-end of the animal-life scale (like shellfish). I'm not a fanatic or a purist, I don't think about it or make a big deal about it. Never been one to freak out if my veggie burger was cooked on a grill where they just cooked a hamburger, and if someone is eating a burger or a steak and enjoying it that's fine by me. I don't judge.

Last edited:
•••
That would actually be .77 per like.

Our nieces are vegans.
They made the switch to lose weight, blah blah blah.
They cleaned out their fridge and their pantry a couple of weeks back and gave all of it to us.
Now I love to just say stuff like:
Want a piece of delicious pie?
How about some great ice cream to go with it?
Come over for dinner, we are having some great steak.
All in fun by the way.
Some of the stuff they make is delicious!
Except for that tofu chicken,.....as soon as they said tofu, they lost me!

Wife is into packing mode for the trip.
I got the trunk cleared out.
Now made the decision on what I will wear tomorrow.

•••
Our nieces are vegans.
They made the switch to lose weight, blah blah blah.
They cleaned out their fridge and their pantry a couple of weeks back and gave all of it to us.
Now I love to just say stuff like:
Want a piece of delicious pie?
How about some great ice cream to go with it?
Come over for dinner, we are having some great steak.
All in fun by the way.
Some of the stuff they make is delicious!
Except for that tofu chicken,.....as soon as they said tofu, they lost me!

It is generally a healthier way to eat. Though there's plenty of vegan junk food too ... you could ingest a lot of sugary and greasy stuff and still be vegan.
I never gave up dairy, but I keep a pretty good balance. Stuffed veggies with some melted cheese on top are a favorite quick "go to" lunch.

•••
$123M in box office opening and they write that its a disappointing opening for Hunger Games? Hmmm.

Not much fan of the series..But Love JLaw :D

•••
The last few pages and the new tag reminded me of this.

•••
I go into veggy mode quite often.
Especially after a heavy breakfast of bacon/ham/eggs/pancakes.
Oh, and wild rice/brown rice (way better than that tasteless mush called white rice).
Dump in veggies and butter (speaking of butter, wife filled the freezer up with lots of packages of butter since they were on sale for $1.98 per pound package).
Even found a love for zuchini and squash.

•••
I liked the first Hunger Games. Just watched the 2nd one on Prime the other day - thought it was a little predictable, not as good as the first.

Not a huge rice fan , prefer bulgur (wheat) or sometimes quinoa. Stuffed zucchini are a fave.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nothing beats bacon!
Unless you love to watch dumb graphics moving?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back