Dynadot

The End Of NamePros As We Know It?

NameSilo
Watch
Trump Nominates Brendan Carr to Fill Final FCC Seat and Provide Crucial Vote on Net Neutrality

Carr was a telecommunications attorney for AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and USTelecom. Because he worked on FCC Chairman Pai’s staff, Carr is expected to back the chairman’s proposal to end net neutrality... and replace it with voluntary ISP statements not to block access by creating 'fast lanes'.

While this was the main reason in favor of Net Neutrality before, a major ISP has changed focus -so now will have no problem promising no blocking.

Transcript of Oral Argument at 31, Verizon v FCC, February 11, 2015

"Verizon “has no interest in blocking anybody.” Rather than restricting access, the “commercial arrangements” that Verizon was, and continues to be, interested in are those that have the possibility of offering consumers additional choices and saving them money. As we explained to the court in our briefs, the Commission’s earlier rules foreclosed voluntary business arrangements, such as “innovative arrangements (such as advertiser-supported services) that would help recover the costs of building and maintaining broadband networks.”

These types of “sponsored data” arrangements – where online content or service providers voluntarily pick up the tab for usage associated with their traffic, rather than the end user doing so – also hold promise for saving consumers money and enabling interested providers to differentiate themselves and better compete. These are the kinds of pro-consumer services that can arise in “a two-sided market with respect to Internet services,” as we also explained at oral argument. Such services do not “restrict access” any more than 1-800 telephone numbers restrict calls."

[Source: https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/60001028587.pdf ]

I wonder how much it would cost, and change, NamePros if every visitor 'server call' was like a call to a Verizon 800 telephone number?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great attention getting title and then first paragraph mention the President of the USA!

Pretty sure because there is a need and or demand for a site like Namepros..Namepros will survive in one form or another..

Last edited:
•••
The article I linked has Trump in the headline. I, personally, did not "mention the President of the USA!"

There is a need and a demand for many sites, but the point is... if the site owner has to also pay the ISP / phone company 'for the call', beyond hosting, there will be a lot fewer websites -and the demand for domain names will decrease dramatically.

•••
Great attention getting title and then first paragraph mention the President of the USA!

Pretty sure because there is a need and or demand for a site like Namepros..Namepros will survive in one form or another..

Darn, darn the luck. Now where am I supposed to get my wenches? Back to paying full price I suppose.

The article I linked has Trump in the headline. I, personally, did not "mention the President of the USA!"
Thinking you misread me..
Was impressed by the title, then using the most trending name in the world..
So the title and first lines are great attention getters..

•••
I hope Net Neutrality dies a slow and painful death.

•••
The end of NamePros as we know it?

•••
NamePros is bullet proof, Nothing can destroy greatness!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back