Dynadot

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
No longer interested in this extension
Thanks.
Corey

•••
Got

LibraHub /co/uk
and
LibraHub /uk

•••
Any cheap and good registrar for .uk extension. Thanks

•••
Pado.uk
8100 exact monthly searches .

Last edited:
•••
bioethics.uk, privatecrypto.co.uk, btclegal.co.uk

•••
Recently grabbed

AutoInsurer.co.uk
Autoinsurer.uk

•••
I bought a few .co.uks

Flappy.co.uk
Honoured.co.uk
Miny.co.uk
Mustache.co.uk
Reals.co.uk
Anaemic.co.uk
Apocalyptic.co.uk
Biting.co.uk
Cupped.co.uk
Mumbled.co.uk
Naomie.co.uk
Rollback.co.uk
Seized.co.uk
Slammed.co.uk

•••
127001.co.uk
127001.uk

localhost :xf.cool:

•••
Wow this threads been dead for a while then. I picked up...

UUU(dot)co(dot)uk

•••
I regularly receive offers for e-scooter.co.uk. I hope they legalize it quickly there so that I can sell it well.

In .co.uk:

e-moped
smartindustry
datainsurance
industry40
dualsim
VRvideos

•••
Just picked up the following on the recent LCN 1p offer, some are ok, some are not great, but for 0.38p you can't argue:
  • Krisztina.co.uk
  • JasonGuest.co.uk - my name...used to have it in .com but lost it some years ago, forgot to renew
  • DroneForums.co.uk
  • SexyBabes.co.uk
  • Cauliflowers.co.uk
  • GardenersArms.co.uk
  • TheQueenVictoria.co.uk
  • TheWaterloo.co.uk
  • GrapesInn.co.uk
  • TalbotInn.co.uk
  • UnicornInn.co.uk
  • BearInn.co.uk
  • TheStationInn.co.uk
  • TheVineInn.co.uk
  • TheOakInn.co.uk
  • TheCentralInn.co.uk
  • Adalynn.co.uk
  • Rylee.co.uk
  • Zayden.co.uk
  • Cayden.co.uk
  • Ashlynn.co.uk
  • Neveah.co.uk
  • ManchesterBlog.co.uk
  • Kouma.co.uk
  • Steere.co.uk
  • CryptoBlocks.co.uk
  • Mcglone.co.uk
  • 100000000000.co.uk
  • 10000000000.co.uk
  • 10000000.co.uk
  • 80p.co.uk
  • 2044.co.uk
  • 2043.co.uk
  • 2041.co.uk
  • 2039.co.uk
  • 5gsales.co.uk
  • 5gp.co.uk
  • YogaCourse.co.uk
Any of these sell?

•••
I regularly receive offers for e-scooter.co.uk. I hope they legalize it quickly there so that I can sell it well.

In .co.uk:

e-moped
smartindustry
datainsurance
industry40
dualsim
VRvideos

Honest question: Why are you guys buying still sub-domains, when the 2nd level is avail now? Don't you think it wise to start transitioning buyers/endusers over to .uk? And you are receiving offers for sub-domains, why not sell it now while still the chance??

ps. yes I realize all in the past has been built on .co.uk, .com.uk, .org.uk but endusers don't know till they know, and half the battle is up to us as investors to introduce a better solution, and even if we don't they'll catch on soon enough.

•••
Honest question: Why are you guys buying still sub-domains, when the 2nd level is avail now? Don't you think it wise to start transitioning buyers/endusers over to .uk? And you are receiving offers for sub-domains, why not sell it now while still the chance??

ps. yes I realize all in the past has been built on .co.uk, .com.uk, .org.uk but endusers don't know till they know, and half the battle is up to us as investors to introduce a better solution, and even if we don't they'll catch on soon enough.

I will still keep buying them as they are selling :xf.smile:

nominet has tried to move people over but its not worked still loads of time to sell prices are going up for me :xf.grin:

You must not know the market well in the UK 99% of end users are still buying .co.uk and will carry on .uk is now released but it will take a long time to change its drummed into peoples heads co.uk

•••
No I get it, but as I said, its up to us to bring it, don't you think?

If we've got to rid of old inventory, it's understandable why we're weary of bringing better solutions to our customers, but other than that it tends to perplex me. .UK is bang on, no need for a sub-domain.

Thx for your explanation- appreciated. Your'e correct I don't know the UK market well if at all, but in my eyes (good) history builds trust, and that should be the only thing holding buyers back from a better solution. Easier said than done, I get it, we get used to old ways.

•••
No I get it, but as I said, its up to us to bring it, don't you think?

If we've got to rid of old inventory, it's understandable why we're weary of bringing better solutions to our customers, but other than that it tends to perplex me. .UK is bang on, no need for a sub-domain.

Thx for your explanation- appreciated. Your'e correct I don't know the UK market well if at all, but in my eyes (good) history builds trust, and that should be the only thing holding buyers back from a better solution. Easier said than done, I get it, we get used to old ways.

Yes in time it will change but this won't happen for years i prefer .com but i like to dabble in both markets i even explained to a end user about .UK I had both co.uk and .UK and he wanted the co.uk only so just shows you and this has happened a few times since the launch of .UK

•••
If you say .uk in England most people will assume you meant .co.uk. We've had co.uk for too long

•••
Rubbage.co.uk

would be a great waste management site. what do you think?

ty

•••
Rubbage.co.uk

would be a great waste management site. what do you think?

ty

no you registered it today cant see any value

if it was rubbish co uk then it would be great :)

•••
•••
•••
SmartWales.co.uk

PlasticRoad.co.uk

YardleyWood.co.uk

InsuranceTechnology.co.uk

•••
•••
•••
I'm listing for my friend in the UNITED KINGDOM UK.

UK Vanity type plate. Business for Towing, Hauling, Moving.

GREAT for franchise TOWING ALL over ENGLAND !!

Towing contractor ALL OVER the UK. !!!

Also including 3 EMD domains.

R4TOW.com
R4TOW.uk
R4TOW.co.uk

Let me know.

Thx

Attachments

• IMG-20200918-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200918-WA0000.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 144
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back