Dynadot

advice The .BANGLA new gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

guillon

Established Member
Impact
I just received an alert about the .BANGLA new gTLD to be released in December (...)

When a new gTLD is about to launch, I usually know about this in advance. In regard to the .BANGLA new gTLD ... I didn't know.

I suggest to double check such announcements by checking the official ICANN website here when there is a doubt.
  • If the TLD is listed = it is positive.
  • If it is not = mistake, scam, crap...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like it's maybe a ccTLD rather than a new gTLD.

From what I can see it's a unicode TLD allowing users to register domains in Bengali, i.e. it allows IDN names in Bangladesh.

•••
Another pointless extension. They already have a ccTLD that is underutilized.

•••
If it is a "more than 2 characters", isn't it considered as a new gTLD from the ICANN new gTLD program rather than a ccTLD?

•••
It is a gTLD or rather an sTLD (sponsored TLD). ccTLDs are all made of two letters.

But are we talking about .bangla or the IDN extension .বাংলা that already exists ?

•••
•••
I just noticed about this: "I am the admin of BLOGGERSPICES, What You Tell Mr. Guillion. My Article Not Misleading. .BANGLA domain release in national independent day of bangladesh 16 december. its true cheek the news paper of bangladesh hear the copy http://ejugantor.com/2016/11/2"

I take it...no problem. I apologize for misunderstanding the post but I'd suggest to have written it differently because it is seriously confusing, in particular when the post offers to buy domain names ending in ".bangla". "Bangla" is written in latin characters : is this what it is offered to buy in the end? No.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back