IT.COM

new gtlds What's the best new gtld?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert Sanchez

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Just curious what you guys think is the best new gtld out there & what are the reasons you think that new gtld is the best.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
out of all the gtlds you would think google would done something with .HOW

•••
I like .online, because it's a word that's been commonly used for domains already, i.e. KeywordOnline.com. Turning that into Keyword.online seems logical and descriptive. Of course it won't work for everything, but if it turns into a name that makes sense, I think it's one of the best ngtld.

•••
Best New Gtld ? ...............how long is a piece of string

•••
any .recharge related available?

•••
Define "best"
- the extension I like the most? - then it's .tech - but it's doing poorly because it is mismanaged by registry and registries (too cheap registrations and too high renewals)
- the one that has the best marketing? - I guess that would be .club - but I don't really like it, it's too narrow, the first thing that pops to my mind is "chess club", overall "feel" is: hobby / nonprofit.
- extension that will have most registration? - .xyz - but they are more concerned with (meaningless) quantity over quality, it will be the next .info, always considered "cheap" and "low quality" and mostly used by spammers.

Some people wait for .web but I think it will be even more destroyed by shortsighted greed.

That's the problem with all those new extensions - in theory they are great because more competition is always good for consumers, but greed and lack of regulations is turning it into a mess.

•••
Ya like everything in life it all depends but in general if you had to buy one of the new gtlds which would you buy

.direct

as just about every sign on a van or a business is something or other direct it would appear

•••
Any ngTLD with wider acceptance is best.

•••
•••
I think .ist has a great potential if you're planning on making an investment on new tlds. There are thousands of domain hack possibilities like dent.ist, orthopaed.ist, agnost.ist, chr.ist, jesuschr.ist, activ.ist, rac.ist, antirac.ist, art.ist etc... Almost all medical professions end with ist, besides the hundreds of meaningful dictionary words ending with ist, almost all words become a meaningful and brandable name taking the ist extension. Take application.ist for example, there's no dictionary word "applicationist" but this is definitely a domain with high potential. It magically becomes meaningful.

LLL.ist's also have a great potential because it's a short tld, unlike many other .gibberish new tlds this extension can produce nice and short domain names. Especially LLL.ist's containing keywords like usb.ist, ttf.ist, css.ist, psu.ist etc. have the potential to make money imho. Most LLL's are already gone, you'll have to try hard to find one.

And of course high search volume single or double keyword .ist domains will make money and many of them are still available right now. Let's face the awful truth, you can't find and buy a .com for a reasonable price anymore and if it's about making an investment, you can definitely invest in .ist with highly sought for keywords.

•••
•••
•••
My personal favorites are .online and .one

•••
My personal favorites are:

.online / .club / .vip / .xyz

•••
.nonewgtld...;)

that would be the best...

Reason being that: apparently they can take names any time they want from you by claiming
"to correct mistakes made by a registry operator or any registrar in connection with a domain name registration;"
http://www.thedomains.com/2016/07/0...l-the-registry-took-them-back/#comment-214916

Legally, there must be a time limit where are product can be taken back.
I come to your store and buy something and then you say…oops… it wasnt for sale or it was for sale for a higher price…

Oh well... enough ranting....

•••
Legally, there must be a time limit where are product can be taken back.

I think it depends what country you come from, in Ireland where consumer laws are some of the toughest around I don't think the registry would have a leg to stand on and could be forced to hand back the domains to the original owner.

•••
•••
I like .horse the most. I'm always rooting for the underdog. Or underhorse in this case.

•••
@doubleU yeap, alot of ppl use it generally tho just like a gTLD

•••
I like .online, because it's a word that's been commonly used for domains already, i.e. KeywordOnline.com. Turning that into Keyword.online seems logical and descriptive. Of course it won't work for everything, but if it turns into a name that makes sense, I think it's one of the best ngtld.

.online works very well with supplies and or specific products etc

i bought a good one this week for approx $2 {cheap as chips}

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back